Pro Wrestling Only

Post-Mania TV 2019

FMKK

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a super brief period in the summer of 2017 where the pushes of Joe and Braun had brought me back to the idea of trying to watch Raw. It didn't last long, but it felt like they were onto something with those two guys being presented as something special.

Braun, in particular, felt like a hot commodity. I firmly believe he could've been something substantial. The Brock match at No Mercy was a critical point, but the irreparable damage came last year with the Mania pee wee league tag, the multiple losses, and the ill-advised turn.

I'll always say this: the biggest reason for Braun's downfall in terms of a main event push was that, much like Big Show, he is very good at comedy. While I don't expect him to go as far as putting on a diaper and be the New Year's Baby, I fully expect him to have more matches like the Tag Team with Nicholas or the Battle Royale against the SNL dudes.

He has reach in his performances, and sometimes that isn't too good when you are aiming for the top.

This is such a really fucking weird week for WWE. Booking-wise, Wrestlemania was great, with many feel-good moments and basically every result was the right one.

Yet, they called some baffling audibles and had some of their talent bickering on Twitter (as if that's going to prevent them from seeing each other live). Crazy, crazy stuff.

Can't wait for next week!

D36NL9mWAAcNr8T.png

legit insane week.

It goes to show that there's a clear disconnect between what Hunter wants (Boss n Hug appeared in NXT, basically challenging the women's roster there) and what Vince wants. I don't even think Vince was aware of HHH's wishes to build this tag division around Sasha and Bayley, to be honest.

Miscommunication or Vince doing smack? You be the judge.

It's weird because Ricochet and Black are being put over really fucking strong and they are 100% in Trips good graces.

Adam Cole is Trips' mini and he had some great showings, is clearly positioned as a future big deal etc.

Who knows what the fuck led to this change, but it was clear that Sasha was losing from the get-go.

16 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Just getting into the latest WON and the McAfee-Cole-Vince shorts drama from Mania drew a legit Lol from me 

YES! That whole story got a pop from me too. 

(condensed version for non WON readers: Pat McAfee was told no jorts to the HOF, he wore that suit-with-dress-shorts ensemble, he got told off by Cole. McAfee then stormed to his dressing room set on leaving telling people "Michael Cole can go fuck himself for yelling at me in front of everyone" and the whole situation was smoothed over by him showing Vince a picture of Lebron James wearing a similar outfit and Vince was convinced it was "hip", and Cole had to apologize)

The Sasha thing is weird to me. On one hand, there obviously seems to have been promises made to her that weren't kept in terms of booking. But on the other, it does make her seem like a bit of a mark for wanting to quit over the fake wrestling belts as opposed to money or something.

My conspiracy take is that HHH (smartest man in the business except for laying out his own matches) promises things to his NXT crew that he knows he can't guarantee so that they turn on Vince and then gradually more people in the locker room feel loyalty to him. Slow burn take over manoeuvres. Doesn't quite work out if they all quit and go work for Cody instead of course.

18 minutes ago, FMKK said:

My conspiracy take is that HHH (smartest man in the business except for laying out his own matches) promises things to his NXT crew that he knows he can't guarantee so that they turn on Vince and then gradually more people in the locker room feel loyalty to him. Slow burn take over manoeuvres. Doesn't quite work out if they all quit and go work for Cody instead of course.

I've long suspected HHH is planning his own IRL "Scar throws Mufasa off the cliff" moment once he feels he's got enough people on his side.