Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 24/06 - 30/06 Is Ricochet a better version of Ospreay

KawadaSmile

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, El-P said:

Well, that's neither here nor there. Rollins is just acting like a total insecure douche.

I dunno, as much as Seth calling Ospreay broke is petty as fuck, Will going to Cagematch to check how many matches both of them had this year in order to make a point is... something.

That's what I referred to when I said two of the most unlikeable guys going at each other was amusing as shit. Both are knobs (in different ways).

It is making Wrestling Twitter live one of their worst times. Think about the ground that covers.

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

HHH is an all time Hall of Fame policker, no one should ever doubt that. Dude went from Shawn's bag carrier to #2 in the company. Props to him for being able to channel his crippling insecurity in a way that secures the bag for not just him but his kids' kids.

Crippling insecurity? What are you referring to exactly?

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Will going to Cagematch to check how many matches both of them had this year in order to make a point is... something. 

I think, though, that this was in response to Seth saying he has the most matches at the highest level because he's in the biggest company vs. those indy schmucks who just wrestle on the weekend and therefore can't compare to Seth "stealing the show" every single night and twice on Sundays...dawg.

2 minutes ago, El-P said:

A career of undercutting anyone who could upstage his ass maybe ? 

That, and also having to insert himself in every moment his NXT "kids" get (even on the main roster now apparently), having to format every match he's been in for the last 14 years as if it was a 70s-80s NWA world title match no matter if it's to the detriment of his opponent's style or not, that famous edict to video game reviewers that when taking screenshots for whatever year WWE game it was that HHH could not be show in a vulnerable state. Not to mention being allowed to say things and take shots in promos the other  guy either can't say or isn't able to respond to. 

1 minute ago, El-P said:

I wasn't aware of that one.:D

Yeah it made the rounds of all the video game sites, everyone basically LOL'ing at WWE and people not familiar with wrestling being all "who the fuck is this HHH guy and why should I care how he's portrayed?".

In like 2015 or 2016 (I think), one of Austin's recurring talking points was that he didn't think Seth Rollins had done enough to establish his character. He said, more than once, something along the lines of, "He's 'The Architect.' Okay...what does that mean?" And its not like Austin doesn't think the guy is talented as he also praised his triangle match with Cena and Lesnar as the best triple threat match he'd ever seen. I think his "What is a Seth Rollins?" question remains unanswered in 2019.

So, Seth Rollins doesn't seem to take criticism from fans in stride, seemingly doesn't like criticism from his friends (Ambrose), doesn't seem to have much respect for his peers in the "indies" world (Ospreay), and doesn't like criticism from established, highly-regarded writers (Wade Keller)...I'm just curious what level of superstar he actually would take constructive criticism from. Like, does it need to be an Austin-level guy for him to get a clue or could Nash explain to him why he's not over? Or would Nash not want to because Rollins is soon going to replace him as "Worst Top Guy" in WWE History from an attendance standpoint?

8 minutes ago, Strummer said:

Jinder Mahal signed a new five year deal with WWE according to Pro Wrestling Sheet.  The threat of AEW is getting people bank.  The locker room should be thrilled that there is potential competition

Yeah, in the "everything has a plus side" department, Vince's paranoia is getting guys paid who AEW probably wouldn't take a second glance at. Rusev's deal is apparently coming up soon, so I can't wait for the hilarity that is going to bring, since he's bent on seemingly burning every bridge he can on the way out. 

8 minutes ago, C.S. said:

"That Indian Guy" was a more interesting champ than Seth is in his current reign. 

His biggest issue was he didn't have the move set for what was needed and having to feud with Randy Orton. But he really did have all the bells and whistles a good heel act should have and the Singh Brothers were good stooges. 

7 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

His biggest issue was he didn't have the move set for what was needed and having to feud with Randy Orton. But he really did have all the bells and whistles a good heel act should have and the Singh Brothers were good stooges. 

And then after all that he had to do the clean job in his home country.....to HHH.

I'll give Rollins this, he's managed to liven up the WWE discussion on this board with all his nonsense. It may not seem like much but it's the closest he's come to drawing a house in his life.

6 minutes ago, Mad Dog said:

Jinder gave AJ better matches than anything that came out of the AJ/Owens series, the AJ/Sami stuff, and all but one of the AJ/Joe matches.

Say what you will about his lack of chemistry with Orton, but Mahal matched up well with AJ there for a bit. Sometimes it's just a matter of styles making matches more interesting.

To be honest, I think they failed Jinder from a creative standpoint. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly crying out for another Jinder run up top. But the guy did put in the work. He carried a certain presence, and the overhaul for his entrance was really well done.

But come on. That League of Nations level gimmick was absolute garbage. It's dated as fuck. It's the same anchor they've tied to Drew Mac right now. It's instant death. The crowd always reacts with apathy to that evil foreigner bullshit. It's 2019 already.

I completely get not liking Seth but man a lot of the criticism seems to have amped up since it was revealed he's dating Becky.  Not here or anything but a lot of people seem to have a problem with them going out.  Kinda weird IMO.  Yeah like his character sucks but maybe Becky likes him in real life and stuff

3 minutes ago, SomethingSavage said:

Jinder gave AJ better matches than anything that came out of the AJ/Owens series, the AJ/Sami stuff, and all but one of the AJ/Joe matches.

Say what you will about his lack of chemistry with Orton, but Mahal matched up well with AJ there for a bit. Sometimes it's just a matter of styles making matches more interesting.

To be honest, I think they failed Jinder from a creative standpoint. I mean, don't get me wrong. I'm not exactly crying out for another Jinder run up top. But the guy did put in the work. He carried a certain presence, and the overhaul for his entrance was really well done.

But come on. That League of Nations level gimmick was absolute garbage. It's dated as fuck. It's the same anchor they've tied to Drew Mac right now. It's instant death. The crowd always reacts with apathy to that evil foreigner bullshit. It's 2019 already.

They should have been a modern version of the Mean Street Posse. Just a bunch of rich dudes that act like assholes and like to fight. 

9 minutes ago, Strummer said:

I completely get not liking Seth but man a lot of the criticism seems to have amped up since it was revealed he's dating Becky.  Not here or anything but a lot of people seem to have a problem with them going out.  Kinda weird IMO.  Yeah like his character sucks but maybe Becky likes him in real life and stuff

That's an odd take. It seemed to me it ramped up more when he started becoming a douche on Twitter to everyone.