Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 24/06 - 30/06 Is Ricochet a better version of Ospreay

KawadaSmile

33 minutes ago, Matt D said:

It's bonkers that the solution is booking everything 2/3 falls like Houston or Portland.

It's actually for a slightly different reason. Vince's brain worms have decided that there can be no wrestling during commercials, so the 2/3 falls matches are so they can have commercial breaks in between falls.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if Becky is giving Seth Twitter pointers now, but because it's Seth, it comes across as whiny, obnoxious, and sad instead of funny, charming, and biting like Becky.

44 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

It's actually for a slightly different reason. Vince's brain worms have decided that there can be no wrestling during commercials, so the 2/3 falls matches are so they can have commercial breaks in between falls.

Except, there was wrestling during at least one of the commercials tonight on Smackdown.

26 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Bray Wyatt just wants people to let him in.

Aleister Black wants someone to knock at his door.

Someone knocked.

That would be the worst feud, since it's two guys who shouldn't be losing right out of the gate. 

So it makes perfect WWE sense that they'd 50/50 both guys immediately. 

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

That would be the worst feud, since it's two guys who shouldn't be losing right out of the gate. 

So it makes perfect WWE sense that they'd 50/50 both guys immediately. 

maybe it's just bait and switch

black is supposed to have a match at extreme rules, at the very least

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

I wonder if Becky is giving Seth Twitter pointers now, but because it's Seth, it comes across as whiny, obnoxious, and sad instead of funny, charming, and biting like Becky.

Except, there was wrestling during at least one of the commercials tonight on Smackdown.

Smackdown has the "two in a box" format with the match airing in the upper left corner while the commercials play

2 hours ago, sek69 said:

Huskus the Pig made a cameo on SD, so I guess they're doing a slow burn where the FireFly Funhouse bleeds into Raw and Smackdown.

There also was a Ramblin' Rabbit sighting during the Carmella/Sonya/Mandy confrontation.

3 hours ago, El Dragon said:

I would like to point out on a mostly unmemorable Smackdown, the dark match tonight was Mustafa Ali vs. Buddy Murphy.

I hate you WWE.

What they’ve done with Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander is amongst their worst moves all year. How they can’t find a spot for those two after their 2018s is just another example of the glaring lack of creativity. At least find someone for Buddy Murphy to team with or something where he can be a great heel.

Just checked the Smackdown roster; put him with Killian Dain. Buddy as the snivelling heel, hiding behind his big monster buddy. There we go, run some hoss battles with Killian and Big E, comedy spots where Buddy Murphy getting disgusted at Otis, I’ll take a WWE writers cheque, please.

18 hours ago, sek69 said:

That, and also having to insert himself in every moment his NXT "kids" get (even on the main roster now apparently), having to format every match he's been in for the last 14 years as if it was a 70s-80s NWA world title match no matter if it's to the detriment of his opponent's style or not, that famous edict to video game reviewers that when taking screenshots for whatever year WWE game it was that HHH could not be show in a vulnerable state. Not to mention being allowed to say things and take shots in promos the other  guy either can't say or isn't able to respond to. 

There is also the story about him reacting on Meltzer calling him a "B+ player".

5 hours ago, Stiva said:

What they’ve done with Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander is amongst their worst moves all year. How they can’t find a spot for those two after their 2018s is just another example of the glaring lack of creativity. At least find someone for Buddy Murphy to team with or something where he can be a great heel.

Just checked the Smackdown roster; put him with Killian Dain. Buddy as the snivelling heel, hiding behind his big monster buddy. There we go, run some hoss battles with Killian and Big E, comedy spots where Buddy Murphy getting disgusted at Otis, I’ll take a WWE writers cheque, please.

Killian Dain's back on NXT, by the recent batch of tapings. But man, Killian vs Big E would be so much fun.

21 minutes ago, BigBadMick said:

What's the story here?

Back when Meltzer made some poor remarks about Peyton around the time she had implants, Seth made that "-6 stars" tweet to Dave.

Dave made a long apology on his show, and ten months later he replies to that tweet, also with "-6 stars".

Becky's twitter stuff was some cringeworthy super try-hard shit too, I know her back and forth with Edge was worked but Edge's stuff was destroying her lame attempts.

The no wrestling during commercials stuff is standing out as pretty weird with all the 2/3 falls matches and pause for restarts. And yeah the tag one didn't count since it had split screen so we could still see it. I wonder if that goes away with the Fox move, even though they usually only used it once a show anyways for whatever reason.

6 hours ago, Alucard said:

The no wrestling during commercials stuff is standing out as pretty weird with all the 2/3 falls matches and pause for restarts. 

Must be ridiculous in the building. When you think you could not make WWE stuff less organic that is was.

Not having wrestling during commercial breaks is actually good, though? I mean, it's better than going to commercials with wrestler A being in control, only for B to have the upper hand when we get back. Plus it would in theory reduce the number of rest holds clearly made to fill in the gaps.

I get that for the crowd it could be weird at first, but if it makes for a better paced match (Ziggler vs Kofi was very well paced and greatly benefitted from it), it's a plus.

14 hours ago, Alucard said:

Becky's twitter stuff was some cringeworthy super try-hard shit too, I know her back and forth with Edge was worked but Edge's stuff was destroying her lame attempts.

Must be a case of Your Mileage My Vary, I thought both came off poorly but Edge was the one I ended up muting because I was eye-rolling so hard.