Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest

goodhelmet

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah sure, sounds like the crowd views this promotion as the heel here.

You're sort of missing the point. The Dark Order went over like a fart in church. The Librarian shit was dumb as hell and most feedback I have seen so far online has disliked the CEO match. That's 40 minutes of back to back garbage that WWE or TNA or WCW or whoever would get killed for and rightfully so. 

8 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Yeah sure, sounds like the crowd views this promotion as the heel here.

The people who need to be sold on the promotion the least are into it, yes. But it's a bad sign for how their TNT show is going to go. I'd rather they not play the, "Well, we can wait and change our presentation model when we have to" game and work on differentiating themselves and selling themselves to a new audience *now.*

1 minute ago, PeteF3 said:

The people who need to be sold on the promotion the least are into it, yes. But it's a bad sign for how their TNT show is going to go. I'd rather they not play the, "Well, we can wait and change our presentation model when we have to" game and work on differentiating themselves and selling themselves to a new audience *now.*

I would say this kind of event would be more in jokey than TV would. They are playing to the crowd in several ways like the hardcore match.

1 minute ago, sek69 said:

I mean, guys, I don't think Alex Jebailey is going to be doing matches on TNT. I think people are getting way to MAD ONLINE at something designed for the audience they are in front of tonight.

Alex Jebailey specifically isn't the problem (*a* problem, maybe). Who's the next non-wrestling buddy of one of the Elite who's going to get a plum spot on an AEW show?

1 minute ago, PeteF3 said:

Alex Jebailey specifically isn't the problem (*a* problem, maybe). Who's the next non-wrestling buddy of one of the Elite who's going to get a plum spot on an AEW show?

Depends if they run a show at one of their friend's major gaming events I suppose.

1 minute ago, goodhelmet said:

It has been said already... make it a dark match. 

Cornette already talked about "rec-center bullshit" when talking about the lineup for this show, and he was right. You can't just cater to a bunch of devoted BTE viewers--not on national cable TV and not now, either. But AEW didn't learn a thing from the DoN pre-show, which is concerning no matter how good the actual shows proper are or have been.