Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest

goodhelmet

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea of the bigger, stronger Cody abusing Allin. I wish they would have played more off Cody's injured hands with more hope spots but I liked the hand work a lot. I thought Allin looked great here. Selling most of the match, enough hope spots and crazy bumps to keep things interesting. I even liked the idea of Allin going to the limit with Cody. I think the match was hurt in the crowd reaction dept. because Allin hasn't been featured on any big shows yet. The Shawn Spears stuff at the end needs TV. 

Honestly, I kind of hated the match, but that's an island I appear to be alone with. I didn't get any kind of underdog vibe from Allin, and a lot of it might be the presentation. The daisy dukes over yoga pants gear and the juggalo facepaint. The bumps were outrageous and one had no real impact when he was doing another entirely stupid one 2 minutes later.

At least they are displaying at something seriously wrong and not what fans are thinking like "fuck yeah that was awesome" 

Of course the worst thing about this is that nobody is going to remember that Darby Allin just did had a 20 draw with Cody Rhodes

So Janela vs Moxley is the main event.  GOOD