Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Fyter Fest

goodhelmet

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

So, Jim Ross and Alex Marvez only work the big shows, or does the pre-show have different commentators? I can't remember if that was the case for Double or Nothing. 

I believe the guys other than Excalibur have some link to the gaming thing - they were the announcers last year for the New Japan show at this convention. I don't recall liking them last year bu they seem fine as color guys.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent opener. Nothing offensive. A ton of contrived but well executed spots that I enjoyed watching. The Private Party double teams were great. 

Now, the Dark Order are not going to get over. They were mocked at Double or Nothing and the angle died an apathetic death tonight. Reboot these guys if you want to keep them and give them something new before they get on national TV. 

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

I don't get the documentary stuff at all.

"Watch the documentary !!!!"

DIdn't watch it, but read about that debacle, so the references are fine with me. I wanna watch it eventually though.

Mr. Hughes looked in great shape.

1 minute ago, goodhelmet said:

THey are going to have to distinguish these pretty brunettes from each other because I thought it was Smilie Kylie until the announcers kept calling her Allie.

Not to be offensive to both of them but that would have to be an insanely quick surgery to have Kylie look like Allie 

2 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Good God this is crap. The two worst segments from DON back to back. Terrible way to start the show.

Well to be honest as great as people have talked about Double or Nothing, most people agreed that the pre show was really awful.  Even with the battle royal

I liked the triple threat itself okay (though if they wanted to actually think outside the box as much as they want us to think they do, they'd can the idiotic first-pin rules) but this feels very WWE Lite despite the few token attempts at differentiating themselves. A completely useless 3-man announce booth more interested in bantering with each other than calling the match or explaining what's going on to a new audience, same general beats in the matches.