Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 07/22 - 07/28 RAW Reunion! Candice Michelle is back!!!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, C.S. said:

Holy shit at that Seth pic. I actually feel bad for him.

Yeah, because you know it has to become a meme on social media now. A few weeks after he very stupidly attacked Will Ospreay... (edit : and now Mox, apparently) Karma is a bitch. This also shows you how far it'll take you to play good little drone soldier on social media. Yeah, no, fuck him. :lol:

Wrestling Twitter: lol Maria bested Nash as the smartest person in wrestling by nabbing another contract then getting pregnant again!

Nash (and the rest of the Kliq): hold our beers. 

Also the "he's taking food off my table" remark in regards to Moxley is 100% a Vince line when he feels the heat from competition. He (and people he was sockpuppeting) would say it about Ted Turner and WCW all the time when WWF was getting their asses kicked.  It's probably a correct assumption to guess Vince is going around telling the talent that AEW is trying to run them out of business  and kill their little ol' family business because he only knows one way to react anymore.

Seth's quote in its entirety is not even something we should be arguing about, really. He's treating someone who wants to be competition as such, big deal. Ain't that what they wanted? Props to AEW for being considered as such by WWE, too!

Surely it's better than getting a "no one cares about you lol" treatment like TNA.

19 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Seth's quote in its entirety is not even something we should be arguing about, really. He's treating someone who wants to be competition as such, big deal. Ain't that what they wanted? Props to AEW for being considered as such by WWE, too!

Surely it's better than getting a "no one cares about you lol" treatment like TNA.

Oh it's great for AEW to see the top dog melt down like that, no question. I don't think anyone's arguing that point. 

2 minutes ago, sek69 said:

Oh it's great for AEW to see the top dog melt down like that, no question. I don't think anyone's arguing that point. 

The ammount of people saying Seth was a dickhead or insecure or whatever because of that quote (or parts of it), as if he wasn't supposed to say a thing or even that he had no reason to, was staggering. 

You can (and should!) praise AEW for being taken seriously and also get why WWE's #1 face would treat them the way they did. Furthermore, one can think those two things AND think Rollins himself should probably carry himself better.

Surely someone like Cena or Roman would be more polished, even if the intent is the same - say WWE is the superior company.

26 minutes ago, Jmare007 said:

With RAW finally doing a good rating I wonder when Seth is gonna tweet Variety about "no needs for excuses" or some shit like that :lol:

They barely cracked 3 million viewers with the most loaded lineup since Raw 25. And there was actually a drop from the second hour to the third despite saving Austin, Hogan, and Flair until the end. All things considered, the rating has to be seen as a disaster.

12 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

The ammount of people saying Seth was a dickhead or insecure or whatever because of that quote (or parts of it), as if he wasn't supposed to say a thing or even that he had no reason to, was staggering. 

He absolutely has to tow the company line for sure, but he absolutely was being a dickhead about it. Roman and Cena can go out and promote WWE as the superior brand without coming off as douchey at all. Hell the only time it happened to Cena is when he was sock puppetting Vince's eternal butthurt at Rock daring to leave the nest and become a megastar without him. 

So I guess the key takeway is if you're in a position to be the face of WWE and have to do some turd-polishing PR work for them, maybe figure out a way to do it that doesn't involve having to channel your boss's deep seeded insecurity. 

25 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

They barely cracked 3 million viewers with the most loaded lineup since Raw 25. And there was actually a drop from the second hour to the third despite saving Austin, Hogan, and Flair until the end. All things considered, the rating has to be seen as a disaster.

Cool. More panic attack in the weeks to come and more likely even more brillant "reboot" ideas. That company is broken. It's the blessing of all blessing they got the Fox deal thanks to Rousey and the Saudi deal thanks to a criminal leader of state who wants PR, because if they had to make their money out of the reality of how their product is perceived, they would be in huge trouble.

As you all know, I've been relatively bullish on Seth's potential to be a company building block despite not really caring for his in-ring work. But that image of him standing forlornly on the outside during the DX group hug is the final nail in the coffin for him being taken seriously as a top guy. There's no way he can recover from that.

16 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

There's no way he can recover from that.

And by ricochet (see what I just did), it won't help Becky, because after the last mixed-tag angle, she's seen as Seth's partner. So that makes her uncool. Hell, much better be Maria Kanellis at this point.

49 minutes ago, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Checking next week, a 5-8 Tuesday replay is not scheduled, so guessing this is a one off given the higher profile of the episode.

USA has been showing replays most weeks, just not in that particular timeslot. I suppose it's so they can add up all the numbers so they can tell advertisers WWE gets 2x the ratings they actually do.