WWE TV MSG EDITION

KawadaSmile

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This means Kofi is losing to Orton, right? :(

25 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Well, considering that Black isn't a calm giant, no wonder Rowan does the part better. 

Yeah, you've clearly slept through all of his boring, bizarre "come knock on my door" promos - not that I blame you, because they're sleep-inducing.

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Looks gigantic to me. What am I missing? Is he deceptively short? 

Maybe I've been watching too many Gable matches lately?

He's not even 6ft (5ft11 to be precise). He has long legs, which do help. Like, Rowan is almost a feet taller (6ft8) than Black, for the purposes of a comparison.

I thought Reigns and Rowan came across well in their segment, especially with the Roman chants at the end. Rowan has an interesting way of speaking that works for the cultivated maniac he's playing. I liked his new music, too.

The crowd seemed into Kofi replicating the leg drop on Orton, as well as Gable tapping out Shane.

The second hour of the show was good for the most part, save for the bizarre treatment of KO and the Mandy-Nikki match. Mandy just isn't there as a singles wrestler or a character.

I like that we're meant to believe that Kevin Owens' whole life would be over without the generous gift of WWE employment granted to him altruistically by the benevolent McMahon's. He's not there because he's a star and a world class wrestler and there's absolutely nowhere else for him to gain lucrative employment as a wrestler.

15 minutes ago, FMKK said:

I like that we're meant to believe that Kevin Owens' whole life would be over without the generous gift of WWE employment granted to him altruistically by the benevolent McMahon's. He's not there because he's a star and a world class wrestler and there's absolutely nowhere else for him to gain lucrative employment as a wrestler.

It's been the point of every wrestler vs management angle they've done for the last 20 years, and it's going to look even more ridiculous when there's another national wrestling promotion on TV every week. 

52 minutes ago, sek69 said:

It's been the point of every wrestler vs management angle they've done for the last 20 years, and it's going to look even more ridiculous when there's another national wrestling promotion on TV every week. 

Because this is what they want their wrestlers to actually believe IRL too (they had that backstage stuff with Stephy the other week telling them if they leave their career would be over basically... meanwhile, John Moxley, Juice Robinson, Sami Callihan and others...). This is how they think, so they have to put it out there in the minds of their audience too.

19 minutes ago, El-P said:

Because this is what they want their wrestlers to actually believe IRL too (they had that backstage stuff with Stephy the other week telling them if they leave their career would be over basically... meanwhile, John Moxley, Juice Robinson, Sami Callihan and others...). This is how they think, so they have to put it out there in the minds of their audience too.

There was a really good article to that effect on VOW recently

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/09/09/vince-mcmahon-vs-the-wrestlers-market/