Coffey

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Coffey said:
:mellow: ...that's not a good look. For those that don't know, Britt McHenry sued Fox News over sexual harassment from Tyrus when they worked together as Co-Hosts & said she filed at least four different complaints.

Indeed. And it's not like he was of any value anyway. He was a crappy worker who only got over for a short while because he had two hot dancers doing his intro.

This NWA "reboot" is going absolutely nowhere.

As useless as Lagana was, firing him for being a sex pest, only to turn around and hire the even more useless sex pest Brodus Clay is a real head-scratcher to me.

They actually expect people to pay money for this shit?!?! Yeah, no, not happening!

Aaron Stevens was probably the worst part of the NWA reboot, he's a guy who clearly belongs in WWE (that's where he shined the most by far and has been brutally annoying to me in NWA). That he of all (but who's left ?) people would get an NWA title really makes the entire thing like a complete joke. This needs a mercy killing, really. Last thing for Aldis to do is grab that big match with Kenny Omega and pass him the title so Omega can add it to the upcoming TNA/IMPACT/AAA/AEW collection and do the old Ultimo Dragon gimmick.

Well, to be fair, they're framing Aron "I forgot an A in my name and never got any A's in school" Stevens getting a title shot as a tribute to Jocephus/The Question Mark, which is not the worst idea in the world - especially if this is a catalyst to make Stevens more of a serious main event character. We know he has the talent. 

The NWA PPV is tonight - the same night as WWE Fastlane, which is on a much more popular and accessible streaming service for far cheaper.

The level of incompetence here is staggering.

Stick a fork in the NWA - it's done.

I'll be surprised if this gets even 100 buys.

What a shame, because I really liked what the NWA was doing.

I purchased the NWA PPV. I would never consider buying a WWE  PPV for any price. I enjoyed the NWA matches. The main  event between Aldis and Stevens was worth the price of the PPV.  Just imagine , A world title match with a clean finish .  Just by the amount of people commenting during the show , I sure the PPV got more than 100 buys .  IMOO , the NWA will be just fine . It is a small promotion with a low overhead.

1 hour ago, Memphis Mark said:

Just by the amount of people commenting during the show , I sure the PPV got more than 100 buys .  IMOO , the NWA will be just fine . It is a small promotion with a low overhead.

I hope you're right, but it wouldn't surprise me if a number of those people pirated the show. 

1 hour ago, Memphis Mark said:

I would never consider buying a WWE  PPV for any price.

It's on Peacock now (in the U.S.), which is free if you have Xfinity cable, or $2.50 until SummerSlam and then $5 after that, and there's a lot more than just WWE on it. 

5 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Yeah, weird they decided to go head to head with WWE first night back

No, not weird - incompetent.

5 minutes ago, Ricky Jackson said:

Hope for the best but I'm not going to be along for this ride (I dont watch anything these days, but even if I was, I don't think I would've been throwing $ at this based on the lineup) 

Same here. It's a baffling business model. Hope it works out for them though. 

Booking Tyrus is an indefensible decision for me. I don't care about whether they booked the show during Fastlane frankly. I don't think what was on that card looked anything on that card looked like it came close to being worth $20. If a Nick Aldis match gets you pumped...I guess more power to you but couldn't be me. We have a lot of promotions in the world with just better talent for similar or lower pricing. I say that knowing the state of most non-major US wrestling promotions is not all that great. And I still don't think NWA is close. If you want to watch a quality wrestling promotion where you can feel like there are storylines and quality wrestling, go watch Action Wrestling on IWTV. Probably a much better use of your time and energy.

14 hours ago, C.S. said:

The NWA PPV is tonight - the same night as WWE Fastlane, which is on a much more popular and accessible streaming service for far cheaper.

The level of incompetence here is staggering.

The idea here is that it was before the WWE PPV, so you could make a day of it and do a wrestling doubleheader. I'm not sure how effective an idea that was, but they're not nearly as stupid as you're making them out to be.

NWA POWERRR EPISODE 23

This is my first NWA show since they left YouTube. I didn't get to see the Pay-Per-View nor the last episode of Powerrr that I also apparently missed (that I didn't know happened).

Love that they are back to Dokken Into the Fire for the opening theme. Just gives the overall show a different feel & vibe.

I really like the NWA Championship title. The actual belt itself. It still looks great & I love how they put it on display during a Nick Aldis promo. The Aldis promo, by the way, was pretty good. Felt like he may have gotten a bit lost toward the end or Adonis missed his cue & was late but they definitely had to stall a bit. Trevor Murdoch Vs. Adonis appeals to me. I like Aron Stevens more when he's not always doing comedy.

Velvet Sky was on the commentary team but wasn't there long. Felt like she didn't want to be there, to be honest. Tim Storm wasn't bad. Joe Galli was fine. Tim Storm when he retires from in-ring wouldn't be a bad color man.

Was impressed by Slice Boogey but his ring gear & name need work. Mets fan or not. Jeremiah Plunkett I don't feel is too terrible of a name & him being announced as from Tatersville popped me. 

I don't know who Skye Blue is but she is super cute. Gave off that A.J. Lee vibe. Yeah, I dig her, I want to see more of her. She made a big impression on me. Jennacide was out there working like Big John Studd. Big Jenna Studd lmao. Not sure why she was dressed up like Ace Frehley from KISS. Poor Alex Gracia, only thing I could notice was all of her fake pink hair falling out all over the place.

NWA still being able to build to Thunder Rosa Vs. Kamille is nice. That's one of their better matches available.

Tyrus looked old, fat, tired, & we know he's a piece of shit behind the scenes. Austin Idol being with him doesn't change any of that. Get 'em outta there. I know NWA, especially now, needs talent but guys like him aren't it. I don't mind the former Darren Young pick up.

Pope's promo felt like he was trying to channel The Doctor of Style, Slick. I don't mind May Valentine as the backstage interviewer.

Chris Adonis, formerly Chris Masters, looks a lot smaller but I remember him not being a bad worker toward the end of his WWE stint. Same with Trevor Murdoch, not a bad worker. I liked the injured neck angle they played up, not only to make Murdoch look tough (or dumb depending on how you look at it) for continuing with the match but it also gives him an excuse for losing & Adonis' Masterlock focuses on the neck. PSYCHOLOGY~! 

I was happy with this show. If it's like this every week, I'll be good. More serious feel, decent wrestling, good promos. Got to see new faces. Advanced some angles. All in under an hour. Look forward to seeing the Thunder Rosa Vs. Kamille match when it happens. I'm sure something is going to happen with Adonis to make him not join the Strictly Business stable. They set-up a tag title match for next week. I want to see more from Skye Blue, I think she can be a star.

Untitled-1.png

8 hours ago, Coffey said:

Austin Idol being with him doesn't change any of that.

Glad he has a job on a "televised" wrestling program in 2021. Still, it doesn't sound like he fits at all with sex pest Tyrus. So random!

You didn't mention Dave Marquez anywhere in your recap, so I did a little googling...

David Marquez Reveals He Will Not Be Returning To Work On NWA Power

Like Dave Lagana, Marquez seemed like a monstrously dumb person - I remember him defending the Cornette "starvation joke" on Twitter. Still, lack of brains and common sense aside, he was pretty good at his job. Apparently he was with the NWA for 24 years, so this has to sting. I wonder what happened.

On 4/1/2021 at 2:31 PM, Coffey said:

NWA still being able to build to Thunder Rosa Vs. Kamille is nice. That's one of their better matches available.

Look forward to seeing the Thunder Rosa Vs. Kamille match when it happens. I'm sure something is going to happen with Adonis to make him not join the Strictly Business stable. They set-up a tag title match for next week. I want to see more from Skye Blue, I think she can be a star.

Rosa/Kamille happened at the recent PPV. I thought it was really good. Another standout thunder Rosa performance and Kamille looked her best yet being in there with her and going longer than usual.

So I have enjoyed it so far but it doesn't feel like they have anyone that they are comfortable having beat Aldis and it really hampers the product.

Honestly, if I was running Powerrr, I would be talking with AEW about some talent borrowing. I think getting someone like Dustin Rhodes to come in and have a run with the belt would be really good.