Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 10/21 - 10/27 Brazil now has a black sea!

KawadaSmile

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously now, just kill Rollins Twitter account, the guy is making a fool out of himself every single week now. It's really pathetic.

EDIT : ok, I didn't see it was a video from some sort of conference. Still ridiculous. Plus what does it makes of NXT ? I mean, they are getting slaughtered by the minor leagues. Way to shit on your own product Seth...

If Orton ever shows up in AEW and if AEW can make him interesting to me, then they'll officially be the miracle promotion. Whatever I may think of him (and honestly, since he has never worked anywhere, we don't know what he could have been outside of the WWE machine), it would be their true Lex Luger moment.

3 minutes ago, El-P said:

If Orton ever shows up in AEW and if AEW can make him interesting to me, then they'll officially be the miracle promotion. Whatever I may think of him (and honestly, since he has never worked anywhere, we don't know what he could have been outside of the WWE machine), it would be their true Lex Luger moment.

I don't know how I would feel about the matches but the MOMENT where he would show up & hit the RKO on someone would be freakin' HUGE. That's definitely bigger than Moxley walking through the crowd to the ring IMO. Can you imagine how loud the crowd would be if he showed up? That would be great.

3 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I don't know how I would feel about the matches but the MOMENT where he would show up & hit the RKO on someone would be freakin' HUGE. That's definitely bigger than Moxley walking through the crowd to the ring IMO. Can you imagine how loud the crowd would be if he showed up? That would be great.

I have called Orton the Black Hole, but in all honesty, I know he's actually a good worker, it's just that his work in WWE is so.... dull and so... WWE. Yeah, him showing up like he's DDP on Nitro in 97 and RKO some mofo would get a gigantic pop. Like, Austin-like pop. And yeah, would be great.

Orton's work is so more slow-paced and in in an old-school kind of way that I can understand why many people feel unattracted to him. However, we can't deny the massive reaction he gets everytime he even teases the RKO so if he ever showed up on an episode of Dynamite (or one of AEW's PPVs), this would go down as their #1 moment in the promotion's history for a very long time. That's what someone like Randy Orton can do for a promotion.

When talking about guys in WWE who would potentially jump to AEW, Dave would occasionally say it was all the guys you'd think  would want to jump but there was one name you'd never think of. I always thought he was talking about Orton when he'd say that. This very well could be him just playing both sides to get a better deal, but I wonder how  much of his famous lack of interest in most of his work these days stems from him just being bored of WWE. He's done all he can do in the company in both kayfabe and IRL, he's never worked anywhere outside WWE, and I could see jumping to a viable competitor being something that would interest him.

Like most here it seems, I'm not an Orton fan...but, yeah, him showing up would be super cool. Same for Cena. Same for Batista. Those three names are so inextricably linked to the WWE that them going to AEW would carry more weight than even CM Punk. Sadly, I don't think Orton is going to make the jump. I don't know his contract situation, but I'm guessing the WWE has him signed up for awhile and, when the contract comes up, will happily pay him some ridiculous salary to stay. When's the last time the WWE even did one of their "spring cleanings"? If they can pay what feels like two dozen guys to sit at home and collect a check, they'll pay Orton an ungodly sum to continue coasting and doing what appears to be a comparatively light schedule.

On the topic of Omega and Rollins, I will say this --

Even if you hate Kenny Omega's work, like really think it is total overkill video game dogshit, he is undeniably over with his audience. In the context of NJPW and AEW, Omega's matches aren't booed. When he wrestles a 40+ minute match with loads and loads of crazy spots, the audience reacts positively to it.

Compare that to Rollins and that's all you need to know about who the better worker is. Even in the WWE, with the full machine behind him, in front of audiences that paid lots of money to see WWE style matches, Rollins got booed out of the building against Ziggler, got booed out of the building against Ambrose, and got booed out of the building against Wyatt. And in only one of the cases (against Wyatt) was it because the audience was fully behind his opponent. Against Ziggler and Ambrose, the audiences shat on those matches because the matches sucked in the eyes of the very same fans who were most likely to enjoy them. 

Apart from being super athletic, Rollins as exactly nothing to do with Omega in term of work. Omega puts shitloads of thought into his matches and it shows. He also has connexion with crowds. Rollins is spot monkey working WWE self-epic style in a void. One also packed (not exactly sold out, ok, point taken) the Tokyo Dome and was an active part of NJPW being as hot as it was while he was there, while the other, despite being pushed by the WWE machine, has been a proven failure on top of his promotion. I mean, the comparison ain't fair, on any level, really...

1 hour ago, El-P said:

Apart from being super athletic, Rollins as exactly nothing to do with Omega in term of work. Omega puts shitloads of thought into his matches and it shows. He also has connexion with crowds. Rollins is spot monkey working WWE self-epic style in a void. One also packed (not exactly sold out, ok, point taken) the Tokyo Dome and was an active part of NJPW being as hot as it was while he was there, while the other, despite being pushed by the WWE machine, has been a proven failure on top of his promotion. I mean, the comparison ain't fair, on any level, really...

And tbf to Omega and his drawing record, there's absolutely no doubt that some of those old Tokyo Dome attendances from the 90s were worked numbers.

Not that anyone gives a fuck, but I've dropped Raw and Smackdown from my weekly rotation. It's not fun anymore.

AEW, NWA, and NXT will be my go-to shows for wrestling for the foreseeable future.

TBH, I think NXT is cold and stale AF, but it has the best commentary. 

22 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Not that anyone gives a fuck, but I've dropped Raw and Smackdown from my weekly rotation. It's not fun anymore.

AEW, NWA, and NXT will be my go-to shows for wrestling for the foreseeable future.

TBH, I think NXT is cold and stale AF, but it has the best commentary. 

I'm in this same exact boat. I did have the open on RAW on until the MNF football game started & saw that it opened with Ric Flair. But I have no desire to watch weekly WWE TV. I have AEW Dynamite & NWA Power to get my modern wrestling fix along with the odd NJPW PPV. I've also abandoned NXT & I'll never care about AEW Dark. But still, that's 3-hours of wrestling a week for me, not counting PPVs, so that's good. 

14 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

McIntyre vs Ricochet was really, really good.

That crucifix buckle bomb/powerbomb combo was fire

It was, but the post match beatdown was yet again another "babyfaces have no friends" moment that makes all the good guys in WWE look like geeks.