Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear

Stiva

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I'm worried about: 

Janela vs Spears, PAC vs Page, Bucks vs Santana and Ortiz, SCU vs Lucha Bros vs Private Party, and Omega vs Moxley are all very very very likely to be super fast paced go-go-go matches crammed full of insane high spots. I'm worried that it will be like watching a three-hour cut of one of those "Moves that made me go Holy $#*! videos on youtube. I don't think I'd enjoy that.

I really hope that Jericho and Cody go for an older-school style storytelling match with some build and some dynamics... and maybe Riho and Emi do some mat work and chain wrestling? Maybe Page works more of a classic cowboy brawler style? I really hope that they break up  the go-go-go pace at least a little bit and give us some variety. 

57 minutes ago, gordi said:

I really hope that Jericho and Cody go for an older-school style storytelling match with some build and some dynamics... and maybe Riho and Emi do some mat work and chain wrestling? Maybe Page works more of a classic cowboy brawler style? I really hope that they break up  the go-go-go pace at least a little bit and give us some variety. 

Cody seems to have developed a solid, storytelling-heavy pseudo-brawling style which is definitely what I think we'll see. Especially considering Jericho finally came to his senses about his physical limitations a year ago.

Question about B/R Live, since I am hard of hearing, I was wondering if AEW PPVs would have subtitles? The Countdown video didn't have any, but other stuff on BR Live like the Rich Eisen show does. I am very interested in watching the show tonight but I need assurance there will be subtitles, so if anyone here could shed light on that, would be greatly appreciated.

11 hours ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

I thought the broom with the barbed wire was dumb too. I got the cleaner reference, but it's still a guy carrying a broom. Maybe he should wear a pair of those slippers that have dusters on the bottom of them, wrap them in barbed wire, and then he can superkick Moxley in the face.

This is such an incredible idea. I've been chuckling at it on and off all day, excellent work.

Nice to hear Taz again; he has a genuinely solid rapport with Excalibur that AEW should explore going forward.

Can Taz stay instead of JR ?

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

A wrestler who uses medical terminology to describe what they're going to do to their opponents is a pretty great character. It's a shame that Dr. Britt Baker, DMD (who is a dentist) is nowhere near ready in the ring.

Kind of a shoot Gorilla Monsoon. Yeah, Baker is basically a rookie at this point.