Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear

Stiva

Card is

1. AEW World Championship Match: Chris Jericho (c) vs. Cody. If Cody loses, he’ll never challenge for the AEW Championship again
2. AEW Women’s Championship Match: Riho (c) vs. Emi Sakura
3. AEW Tag Team Championship Match: SCU (c) vs. Lucha Bros. vs. Private Party
4. The Young Bucks vs. Santana and Ortiz
5. PAC vs. Hangman Adam Page
6. Lights Out Unsanctioned Match: Kenny Omega vs. Jon Moxley
7. Joey Janela vs. Shawn Spears
8. Buy In Match: Dr. Britt Baker DMD vs. Bea Priestley

Should be a pretty good show, the big matches should all deliver. I’m surprised that they didn’t find a way to get Darby Allin on the show, figured he might work with Guevara but not to be.

This Countdown vid is another great hype job. They really do need a way to get this character work over on TV, even if it means sacrificing a match since it’s all very genuine and convincing. Talking head interviews are a really cool way to put guys over too.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is pretty insane that Joey Janella Vs. Shawn Spears is on the card but Darby Allin isn't, now that you mention it. But at least that gets Tully on TV.  

The Britt Baker Vs. Bea Priestley match is going to be a trainwreck. Britt isn't very good & every time I've ever seen Bea she's almost killed someone. Recipe for disaster. So I guess it's a positive that they moved it to the pre-show? But if that's supposed to be a match to get last minute impulse buys, I don't see it. 

Otherwise, this card looks super stellar. Cody/Jericho has had tremendous build. Moxley/Omega is intriguing in that I don't know which way it's going to go. Bucks/PnP will be a fun, fast-paced spot fest. Same with Lucha Bros/Private Party.

I don't know how to feel about Page/PAC as I'm not a big fan of PAC & feel like Page never caught on like AEW were probably hoping. A loss would really hurt Page here but I don't think a win for PAC would do anything for him. It's a weird dynamic. 

2 hours ago, Coffey said:

I don't know how to feel about Page/PAC as I'm not a big fan of PAC & feel like Page never caught on like AEW were probably hoping. A loss would really hurt Page here but I don't think a win for PAC would do anything for him. It's a weird dynamic. 

The right answer is to job PAC. Always.

Anyway... Ugh, is there really no way to pay with PayPal on B/R Live's trashy site?

It's bad enough that the rest of the world gets the PPV significantly cheaper on the far superior FiteTV.

9 minutes ago, C.S. said:

The right answer is to job PAC. Always.

It makes the most sense, logically in this scenario, which is why it's a weird dynamic to me. I mean, I don't want to believe it's a foregone conclusion because then you get into the whole endless loop of overthinking the situation so that PAC wins because no one sees it coming or whatever. On the other hand, Page already had a title shot & lost, so what would they be building him back up for? Another title shot? So if it's as straight forward as I'm thinking, where a win doesn't help PAC and a loss definitely hurts Page, then Hangman should be winning but then I can't help but question why the match is even happening? It doesn't feel like it has real stakes. And when you also have Lucha Bros, Private Party, The Young Bucks & Omega on the card, I don't think it's fulfilling any sort of high flying quota by having PAC on there. 

But I've questioned some things in AEW before & they surprised me with the angle/story & build after, so I'm going to see where it goes. Right now, I'm ice cold on both Page & PAC, so I hope they do something to heat either of them up. They made me care about Shawn Spears heading into his match with Cody (in large part thanks to the inclusion of Tully) so who knows?

1 hour ago, Cowboy Hats 4.0 said:

Can’t believe I’m going to spend fifty smackers on a wrestling ppv, but here we are. Saturday nights are rough for this, so I’ll just have to stay off many corners of the internet for a day or two (including google search suggestions).

Do they have a schedule for ppvs? Please not monthly?

I believe the plan is 4 a year like with Double or Nothing in May, All Out in Sept, Full Gear in Nov, and one other.

Forgot where I read it, but I think the idea behind Omega/Moxley being the closer is that, as an "Unsanctioned"/"Lights Out" match, it technically shouldn't be happening as part of the "sanctioned" show.

The added benefit is that it makes the ending to Cody/Jericho even more up in the air. If Jericho retains, the crowd will probably be pretty disappointed, while one would imagine that Cody winning would also lead to some "burn out" (as the crowd, having gone crazy for Cody's victory, would be spent for Moxley/Omega). Its hard not to just say Cody/Jericho should be the main event, but then again, I'm intrigued as to what Moxley/Omega are going to bust out in a stipulation match, as the closer of the first post-TV show PPV. Moxley strikes me as a guy with that Foley-esque mind for big, attention-grabbing moments and seemed very resentful about how his match with Lesnar didn't allow him to achieve that kind of moment. I'd be shocked if their match didn't feature at least a couple insane "WWE would never allow this!" spots.

If this event was $15 cheaper and I could convince my wife to watch it with me, I'd be buying. Sadly, I don't think I'll have much luck with the latter, which makes the wishful thinking for the former a non-starter anyway.

AEW has done a lot of things right, but I feel they did not promote the Omega-Mox match properly. At least not as well as they could and should have. Hopefully the reaction to Cody's incredible promo means they start giving more interview and promo time to wrestlers to promote their feuds as well as get over. 

Speaking of Omega/Mox, does anyone else think it is silly Omega has taken to using a barbed wire broom as a weapon? Compared to the bat which looks dangerous and cool, the broom just looks dumb, even if I can understand the idea of it being somewhat dangerous. It is almost like Omega is making fun of the whole thing.

Yeah, Omega with a broom makes all the sense in the world. Omega used to come down the ring wit a broom. "But the announcer don't make it clear yaddiyaddi yadda…." Yeah, he's got very cool music too.

Cody should indeed try to make himself the guy who doesn't need the belt, and more importantly maybe, that the belt doesn't need. Right now, the belt needs Jericho.

See, I didn't connect the Cleaner gimmick to the broom, so that's on me I guess. It still looks fucking dumb to me. And El-P, I get the feeling AEW can do no wrong by you or something. God forbid someone have a criticism without you running in to defend everything. If someone in the WWE was walking around with a barbed wire broom, good chance you'd be ripping it apart.

41 minutes ago, Slasher said:

And El-P, I get the feeling AEW can do no wrong by you or something. God forbid someone have a criticism without you running in to defend everything. If someone in the WWE was walking around with a barbed wire broom, good chance you'd be ripping it apart.

Hey, thanks for calling me a stupid fanboy. Always appreciated.

If you paid any attention, I have criticized some stuff about AEW before. Not fan of the Dark Order gimmick at all. Britt Baker is not very good right now. Tully with Spears at this point seems like kind of a waste. I could totally do without JR, I don't think he's been very good. And so on.

Then again, I show patience and good faith because, yeah, I've said it, right now, count me as an AEW mark. Doesn't mean I can't be critical of the stuff I don't like. Truth be said, thus far, the stuff I really don't care for hasn't been very much. I wasn't a fan of Hager showing up *at all*. They have proved me wrong thus far on that.

As far as Omega goes, I had seen him countless times with the broom, so it's neither new nor surprising to me. It was part of the old Kenny Omega presentation, so it kinda makes sense to me that's all. Like I sarcastically alluded to, the announcers could have explained why he was carrying that particular object. I don't think it's that big of a deal, but they probably should have.

I was not calling you a STUPID fanboy...a fanboy yeah, but not stupid. No offense was meant, honestly. 

If anything, obviously I am the idiot for not connecting the broom to the gimmick. I agree the announcers could have pointed it out but a lot of AEW seems to rely on the idea that we are all in on the jokes, backstories, etc of the Elite.

That's ok. None taken.

27 minutes ago, Slasher said:

I agree the announcers could have pointed it out but a lot of AEW seems to rely on the idea that we are all in on the jokes, backstories, etc of the Elite.

Yep. I follow BTE since basically AEW was announced, so I'm familiar with a lot of stuff, and I have watched Kenny in NJPW for a while before. I do get why someone who is just discovering the TV show would feel a broom is kinda odd. Although broom + barbwire still looks kinda cool in a awkward Cactus Jack way.

I prefer that the announcers don't explain everything. Let some stuff come across as WTF, let us fill in some of the gaps ourselves Nothing kills a joke faster than explaining it. In fact, I'd like a little less explanation from the AEW announcers (e.g. I already understand that Britt Baker is an actual dentist, there is no need to keep telling us about it - unless maybe they are going for a rake gag kind of effect).