Pro Wrestling Only

AEW Full Gear

Stiva

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Slasher said:

Question about B/R Live, since I am hard of hearing, I was wondering if AEW PPVs would have subtitles? The Countdown video didn't have any, but other stuff on BR Live like the Rich Eisen show does. I am very interested in watching the show tonight but I need assurance there will be subtitles, so if anyone here could shed light on that, would be greatly appreciated.

Wish I could answer this for you. I don't remember subtitles being on the free specials or DoN, but that doesn't mean there weren't any.

Does anyone else know?

29 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Well that match was fucking terrible.

28 minutes ago, MoS said:

I'm glad they removed Baker from the title picture.

You heartless monsters...

Sasha Banks would've gone home for six months after pouting on the floor (source: Damien Sandow). Baker made it to the show despite a high fever because "you never miss a date, brother."

5 minutes ago, MoS said:

"unarming..or disarming, whatever" is JR even trying at all 

It really irked me that as soon as they mention the rankings on air, which is a thing AEW said they wanted to do & try to get over, their lead announcer immediately buried them. "Well that's someone's opinion but I still think they're the best in the country." Uhh... so you don't agree with the ranking system in your own promotion? That's odd...

But I do think this was the right match to start the main show with & they've really gotten the crowd into it. It started out weird with PnP playing the faces & some stuff with the referee but it's really picked up since then.

5 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

There's a major disconnect between Page's persona and his wrestling style. He's basically Seth Rollins in chaps. Dude needs to study tapes of LA Park or even the Briscoes to learn how to be violent and dangerous while flying all over the place.

My dream is that he turns heel, beats up Shawn Spears, gets Tully as a manager and they just watch Magnum TA matches all day and night. 

1 minute ago, goodhelmet said:

My dream is that he turns heel, beats up Shawn Spears, gets Tully as a manager and they just watch Magnum TA matches all day and night. 

If The Revival actually do jump when their contracts expire, they'd make such a good faction with Page and Tully.

If you're a big fan of long-term babyface selling, that was probably the best you can hope for from AEW. Despite him shrugging it all off to do six consecutive spinning midsection kicks & all his running spots, at least the Buck was limping during the post match celebration, I guess. :) 

2 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I enjoyed the Bucks match. Pretty good opener. Ricky Morton is a crazy old man but I love it. 

I liked the idea someone here had about AEW linking up with Ricky's school. They could do worse than having their tag teams watch RnR matches.

6 minutes ago, Coffey said:

PAC/Page was fine but Jim Ross has been acting really weird all night. I like that the finish played into their previous match finish.

Honestly, they need to either cut bait on Ross or just save him for big title/Cody matches if he can't get with the programme

I marked for the Spike Piledriver. That was good shit. I don't think a lot of people were interesting in that match otherwise though. They gotta do a lot of work if they want to build Spears up to anything. He feels ice cold, even with Tully. 

Maybe Jim Ross is pissed off that the Pay-Per-View is on Saturday instead of Sunday so it's fucking up his college football watching?

Well Spears need a win badly to justify why he is in the company to begin with.  Wish it wasn't against Janela but I have a feeling that the hardcore guys are going to be pigeonholed here

Funny what Penelope Ford went from being with a Bad Boy to a Super Bad guy .   I wouldn't be surprised if we get a Janela vs Sabian feud and unfortunately he is probably going to lose that too.