WWE Royal Rumble 2020

KawadaSmile

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The only thing on the card I have any interest in is the Yapapi strap match, and that's only for the trainwreck factor. Daniel Bryan seems to be the only person on the planet who can get a decent singles match out of Bray Wyatt, but doing it in a gimmick match that is certain to contain loads of goofy supernatural bullshit might be too much of an ask even for him.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Ronda winning the Rumble to rematch Becky seems the expected direction, right?

Feels like the best direction. Becky has cooled off a lot but there's not a male superstar that's over really either & Ronda coming back would be a huge thing. I mean, what's the alternative? Kevin Owens main eventing Wrestlemania? No, please.

Yeah, someone jobbing in the first match and then winning later on is an infuriatingly common booking idea of theirs and it's really annoying. Luckily, this doesn't have the double shitty whammy of the MITB briefcase but yeah, Roman gets screwed against Corbin and then eliminates Morrison and The Miz during the final 3 to win the Rumble.

Shayna or more likely Ronda certainly fits both for surprise purposes and tied into subtle teases from Becky promos in recent months where you could see the seeds for future video packages.

Roman/Bray sounds horrible -- as does Bray/anyone at this point -- but the distinct possibility of Roman/Bryan and again putting Roman in a position for crowds to turn on him makes me think that has a chance.  Can't help but shake your head if they go that route, even if on paper its a phenomenal match.

What do folks think about the Brock angle?  Are we getting some nonsense along the lines of Cain or the boxer?  Rocket strapping someone from NXT?  Cena?  Hopefully its not a big letdown.

Given what he has dealt with in the last year and basically having to baby sit Baron Corbin for the last 4 months, I won't have any problem with Reigns winning the Rumble.  The only problems I would have is

1.  How do they keep Corbin involved because you know they will

2.  The return of the leukemia deniers

3.  Who would he actually face for the title at WM?    I would hope that he wouldn't face Brock and that it would be either Bray, Bryan, or heaven forbid Corbin if the Smackdown title is defended in an Elimination Chamber match.   I mean most people figure Bray is losing AGAIN at Wrestlemania because well that is what he does

As far as women's it really has to be Rousey because Becky has basically exhausted everyone else.  It would be nice if it was Shayna but I wonder if they think she is WM ready

Just now, SirEdger said:

I'd be fine with that but losing the Universal title will mean that you're inevitably back to square one with Bray Wyatt because The Fiend will have lost momentum. What do you do next with The Fiend afterwards?

I'm sure this isn't the way the company sees it but why does it matter?  He's not exactly lighting live crowds on fire and hasn't moved ratings, attendance or any meaningful business metric so why handle him with kid gloves?

Da Card:

Men's Royal Rumble

Confirmed entrants (26/30): Brock Lesnar (No. 1), Roman Reigns, King Corbin, Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, AJ Styles, Randy Orton, Elias, Rey Mysterio, Ricochet, Drew McIntyre, Otis, Tucker, Rusev, Bobby Lashley, Aleister Black, Buddy Murphy, Braun Strowman, Shinsuke Nakamura, Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens, Samoa Joe, Kofi Kingston, Big E, The Miz, John Morrison

Women's Royal Rumble

Confirmed entrants (8/30): Charlotte Flair, Alexa Bliss, Nikki Cross, Natalya, Sarah Logan, Mandy Rose, Carmella, Dana Brooke

Universal Championship

'The Fiend' Bray Wyatt (c) v. Daniel Bryan (Strap Match)

Raw Women's Championship

Becky Lynch (c) v. Asua

SmackDown Women's Championship

Bayley (c) v. Lacey Evans

United States Championship

Andrande (c) v. Humberto Carrillo

Roman Reigns v. King Corbin (Falls Count Anywhere)

Sheamus v. Shorty G

Has there ever been a WWE superstar as bland for as long as Nattie Neidhart? Feels like she's been there forever & never done shit. Like her biggest accomplishment is what, the match in Saudi Arabia? She's going to come out tonight to apathy & silence, just like always. Her on the preshow just reinforced that to me. Pushing the limits of mediocrity. Not a good promo, not a good worker (despite some rumblings about it for awhile), pretty much no character to speak of... and a lot of awful .gifs of her looking lost & clueless.