Pro Wrestling Only

Catch-All Scummy Wrestling Behavior thread

sek69

Try not to let this turn into a DVDVR Sleaze Thread memorial if at all possible  (for the youngin's out there, back in the day there was a mega thread about sleazy things wrestlers of the past were involved in that eventually turned into people making shit up to the point some of the things mentioned are still considered to have actually happened). 

The Instagram post I linked in the other thread about Trump groping Eve Torres has disappeared (or at least it's no longer showing up for me). Did she take it down? 

Test: Post is still up, but Instagram embeds are either broken on this board now or I can't see them for some reason.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8sfLTPlsB9/

Fritz seems a like scummy wrestling promoter and a far worse husband and father.

The stories of them selling forged David autographs after his passing. The Mike press conference. Just forcing Mike into the business when he apparently didn't want too in the first place. Letting Chris get involved at all. 

The fact that Kevin defends him is absolutely astonishing to me.

The first 90 minutes of this weeks Between The Sheets podcast covers the week of David Von Erich's death and it is one of the most depressing audio listens ever. 

I do think that if anyone ever greenlit an AMC or HBO series about wrestling, the tale of the Von Erichs would make for incredible television, but I have no idea how you dont make it so depressing that people feel just beat down by life at the end of every episode. 

53 minutes ago, clintthecrippler said:

The first 90 minutes of this weeks Between The Sheets podcast covers the week of David Von Erich's death and it is one of the most depressing audio listens ever. 

I do think that if anyone ever greenlit an AMC or HBO series about wrestling, the tale of the Von Erichs would make for incredible television, but I have no idea how you dont make it so depressing that people feel just beat down by life at the end of every episode. 

I'll never forget watching the Heroes of World Class documentary with my wife who isn't a wrestling fan in the room. About half way through she was like "this is all too awful and depressing, I am going upstairs." 

Game Changer Wrestling just posted a hilariously carny tale of making a deal for the Great Muta to be at Spring Break 4 and be their guest at Wrestlecon, only for Sonny Oono to jump in and claim to be Muta's agent and basically try to work GCW into paying Muta to be at Wrestlecon as Sonny's guest so he could make money off it. They saw the con for what it was and called him on it, and now it's not clear if any of their messages ever got to Muta, and his announced appearances are now off.  Sonny apparently went to the effort to make transparently obvious sock puppet accounts on Twitter about it, and GCW put him and all his carny nonsense on blast for the world to see.

As Bix put it, the funniest part is finding out Sonny's WCW gimmick was apparently a shoot. 

44 minutes ago, FMKK said:

Sony even tried to carny GCW into paying for him to stay at the Disney resort with 4-day passes to the theme parks. Overplayed his hand big time.

The best part is wanting the Disney passes and Wrestlemania tickets for 4 when Muta and his family would only be three people. Sonny was trying to get GCW to pay for him to go to both, which is amazingly carny. 

19 minutes ago, Tim Evans said:

GCW booking a guy that allegedly roughed up trainees at the AIW school after Candice/Gargano left for Mania weekend is something else. Of course, this is the same company that books a Nazi sympathizer every month so it's not too shocking.

Well that's a nugget of info that would need expanding upon. 

Does anyone know anything about CWF Mid-Atlantic closing down?  From indyinsiders.com. -----       "I have been asked to publish a piece on the death of CWF Mid-Atlantic after 20 years. Since the truth is pretty much out there for those willing to look, I am considering penning this article sometime soon and publishing it here. Weighing my options and considering the after-effects of said article. Also considering another option. Will there be #Neckbone? Not sure yet."  

On 3/3/2020 at 9:32 PM, sek69 said:

Well that's a nugget of info that would need expanding upon. 

Shlak, allegedly, has ties to Neo-Nazi groups, even though he and most people associated with him have denied it (while outright saying he's an asshole edgelord). He's definitely a scumbag, for sure, but he's been associated positively with too many folks that Neo-Nazis despise for him to actually be one.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, clintthecrippler said:

The Von Erich story would make for a better movie. It'd have to be a long one (maybe up to three hours), but either a mini-series (or a "limited" one) would be prone to using deaths as gimmicks for each episode I feel. I honestly don't see it happening, while Kevin is alive. If it were, it would probably be shaped around the Christian angle and be made like some of those things passing for movies that churches promote (and you occasionally see guys like Shawn Michaels or Sting in). 

Brian Koppelman, who now runs Billions for Showtime, almost had something set up at HBO about 80's wrestling and went as far as interviewing Vince for some reason. I think the best basis for a series would be the Monday Night Wars, but perhaps fictionalized to a degree to free up creative license to utilize so many of the real-life tragedies and comedies that went on behind the scenes in the 80's and 90's.

2 hours ago, flyonthewall2983 said:

Brian Koppelman, who now runs Billions for Showtime, almost had something set up at HBO about 80's wrestling and went as far as interviewing Vince for some reason.

That explains why there are always Pro Wrestling references on Billions.  (Which is an awesome show.)