Pro Wrestling Only

Is the empire crumbling before our eyes?

flyonthewall2983

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sooooo...

Wow, thats' pretty impressive how she goes with those nunch... wait a second. (search google). Oooook, so the audio is actually from a rapper who played this song at the Trump rally the day of the Capitol assault. Song has been banned from Spotify after this apparently (although it appears where I am). Ya learn something everyday.

16 hours ago, Timbo Slice said:

Gotta toe the company line. 

Which in itself, is laughable. "Hey, happy Pride month everyone ! Support ya fellow LGBTQIA+ people ! And don't forget to tune-in for Crown Jewel in November, live from a beautiful, progressive country where being LGBTQIA+ leads to you to have no rights at all and can get you killed !"

• 2 weeks later...

Not that I see this as being something that could bring the empire down but Vince (and John Laurenaitis) are back in the news for being sex creeps. 

Vince having an open marriage hasn't been a secret since that Playboy interview years ago, but an investigation into whether he paid hush money to one of his ex-girlfriends (consensual or not) is still going to be embarrassing. The summary I read suggests he "gave her" to John Laurenaitis as a "gift" at one point. Stephanie picked a great time to not be the face of the company if this gains any sort of mainstream traction. 

16 minutes ago, DMJ said:

The summary I read suggests he "gave her" to John Laurenaitis as a "gift" at one point.

The exact wording from the WSJ article:

The email to the board also alleged that Mr. McMahon “gave her like a toy” to Mr. Laurinaitis. 

Tsk, tsk, Johnny Bella.

16 minutes ago, DMJ said:

Stephanie picked a great time to not be the face of the company if this gains any sort of mainstream traction. 

I'm wondering if this is why she stepped down. Reports did say it was a family matter.

There SO MUCH shit hidden in the closet with Vince. Remember the old rape accusations back in the early 90's. The entire Diva era is probably filled with creepy shit in term of how recruitment went and backstage stuff, and I'm not even talking about what actually made TV (that infamous Trish barking stuff, among other things). And you know the plans are all about those authorized biographies (aka completely revisionist and full of lies) of Vince coming up too. Fuck. Isn't this the time to just blast the old fucker out of his pedestal already ? 

Yeah, the timing of Stephy's departure, with the burial that followed, looks even more "funny" now...

Vince will survive this.

Nobody "important" cares about pro wrestling and they never will.

It'll be out of the mainstream news cycle by tomorrow.

Meltzer, Keller, Wrestling Inc., Cageside Seats, etc. covering it for another month won't have any effect. 

If this post ages like milk, quote me in a few months. I don't think it will though.

I have no issue being wrong, but we've seen negative publicity for WWE before and it never sticks.

Maybe Vince is teflon, but Johnny Ace is getting crushed here, for sure. Nick Khan is absolutely going to take over this company within 5 years.

3 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Nobody "important" cares about pro wrestling and they never will.

They do care about their money, tho. Anything drastic that happens because of this scandal has more to do with the fact they are a publicly traded company than with pro wrestling. 

15 minutes ago, Timbo Slice said:

It’s more about shareholders: Khan is viewed as righting the ship and Vince’s antics like this might be considered too much. I don’t see the shareholders just ignoring this. 

Those same shareholders likely didn't care about Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinski, didn't care that a serial rapist like Trump was President - Vince ain't going anywhere.

Johnny Bella, though, yeah, he's about to experience some Twin Magic of his own - fired and divorced.