Pro Wrestling Only

Conrad Thompson set to expand his podcast schedule with new shows

7 hours ago, BigBadMick said:

In Conrad’s defense, he does seem to be letting the Foley podcast go in whatever direction Foley wants. Last weeks episode was on the Eddie Gilbert feud. 

Good point. Foley’s podcast has been stellar so far. I was amazed they covered Spring Stampede 94 and the Eddie Gilbert feud already. I assumed Conrad would be sticking to his standard playbook and we would be going through the Attitude Era in excruciating detail…again.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found it to be hit or miss in the early episodes I checked out, but it mostly came down to Muraco having a lack of stories or insight into some of the subjects that were thrown at him (Ultinate Warrior for example).

But when it was kept strictly in his realm - Piper, Fuji, Adonis, etc. - I'd agree that he came across as an open book & had no shortage of fun stories.

Any specific episodes you'd recommend? I wouldn't mind giving a few more recent ones a listen.

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 10:07 PM, Gertner said:

Holy shit is the Casio Kid ever awful. Road Dogg's podcast just took a nosedive.

I only remember listening to a few of his episodes. The first few covering the Outlaws and DX were decent. The one revolving around him working with The Shield and Orton was solid, too.

But the best thing I found was when Katz approached the Mount Rushmore topic by adhering to the actual, original architectural origins of Rushmore itself. I found that to be a really cool concept for discussion. Rushmore debates are almost exclusively treated as a Top 4 talking point instead of actually using the original layout like that. I'd like to hear more podcasts do that, to be honest.

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 10:01 PM, Gertner said:

I unsubscribed from Oh You Didn't Know

Casio Kid might be the worst thing I've ever heard.

Road Dogg and Casio Kid are the “I never could have even had a nightmare about something this bad being possible” combination of the two most indescribably obnoxious personalities in the history of Pro Wrestling.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

So it’s been announced that Ted DiBiase is starting a podcast on Conrad’s Ad Free Shows/Podcast Heat Network. Conrad won’t be the cohost, it’s going to be that guy Marc DeAngelo who cohosts the Jake Roberts podcast. But for those keeping track, that’s now 15 Pro Wrestler podcasts on Conrad’s network, not counting the spinoff shows like Strictly Business and Title Chase.

I assume the show is going to suck. Although DiBiase has had a very interesting career, I have seen him interviewed and as a guest on other podcasts, and he is about as exciting as watching paint dry. The best part about this announcement, however is the title of his show, it is very fitting somehow.

”Everybody Has A Pod.” :lol:

21 hours ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

I can’t really fathom that being any good.  He doesn’t know how to turn the carny down and he’s just a general scumbag.

Meh, I just assume pretty much every Pro Wrestler is full of crap and is a lying carny at this point. Ted’s biggest problem is that he’s really really boring and isn’t even remotely entertaining when he lies. He has that monotone voice which is going to put people to sleep.

14 hours ago, Reel said:

Are all these podcasts just going through the motions at this point? I never hear anything about any of them anymore, outside of when Bischoff takes a shot at AEW.

Pretty much. It’s all the same formula and the same stories over and over again. Foley and Jarrett’s podcasts are entertaining once in a while depending on the topic, but for the most part it has all become very predictable and samey.

I still listen to Jarrett's podcast, which is by far the best thing he's done, by virtue of having a great interview (Jarrett comes off both really smart and charming, which explains a whole lot about his long-term tenure in the business) and dealing in topics you just don't hear about anywhere else, since apart from the few WWF episodes they did, a lot is about TNA, which is a fascinating story to me.

I have no idea what the audiences are for most if these things, although don't doubt Prichard is still doing big numbers. The multiplication of podcast really reeks of sucking the whole thing dry by recycling the same thing over and over again until either the audience or the host completely loses interest.

• 3 weeks later...

I think I'm going to run through some of Jarrett's pod but I want to hop around and do it at least roughly chronologically. I wish they'd have taken the Arn/Fuller approach with him, just like I wish they would have with Regal. My early impression is that Jeff's memory is better and he's more able to hit coherent and interesting points with less deviation more quickly so it'd work for him.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2023 at 8:03 PM, Reel said:

Are all these podcasts just going through the motions at this point? I never hear anything about any of them anymore, outside of when Bischoff takes a shot at AEW.

There’s a lot of good stuff. There’s just so much of it to listen to. But that’s not a problem really. Or it’s a good problem to have, right? Conrad has done great.