Need to get ahold of a Mod or administrator

Dr. Dunk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you looking to have your own sub-forum for the project like a few of the other fantasy booking ones?

If so, the only people who are able to do that will be Admin (Loss, Goodhelmet) or those with Admin capabilities (not sure who, but I don't have that power and pretty sure Paul doesn't either). 

Loss is very active on Twitter and tends to post about wrestling there these days as opposed to here (sadly).  Hopefully Goodhelmet sees this and can help you out.

20 hours ago, GSR said:

Loss is very active on Twitter and tends to post about wrestling there these days as opposed to here (sadly).  Hopefully Goodhelmet sees this and can help you out.

What the hell are we here at PWO doing wrong as posters and a community if Loss prefers a cesspool like Twitter to his own site? Genuinely curious... 

38 minutes ago, Badlittlekitten said:

Such a shame that Loss, Dylan etc all bounced. That GWE debate really did a number.

I still hope they return for 2026 GWE. Dylan barely posts about wrestling even on Twitter, but Loss has had some absolutely fascinating insights and observations/analyses on wrestling over on Twitter. The board misses him and Dylan and was so much better with them posting regularly 

16 minutes ago, MoS said:

I still hope they return for 2026 GWE. Dylan barely posts about wrestling even on Twitter, but Loss has had some absolutely fascinating insights and observations/analyses on wrestling over on Twitter. The board misses him and Dylan and was so much better with them posting regularly 

Like this thread I saw of his a few weeks ago.

I've needed a break because I found that message boards had too much arguing and that I didn't have it in me to defend my positions. It's rare that anyone on Twitter really asks me to do that, where here it's expected. I didn't think I could contribute to this board at the level that is generally expected, particularly because my way of dealing with this pandemic has pretty much been to only take part in conversations that are always positive. My personal tolerance for disagreement right now is very low, which is why I've avoided the board. It isn't fair to expect that, where with Twitter, if someone is disagreeing, I don't feel any obligation to engage. A weird answer, I know, but a truthful one.

I will set up your subfolder, Dr. Dunk.

On 2/10/2021 at 5:45 AM, El-P said:

Well, that's a downer. I thought he was just disinterested with pro-wrestling these days.

That was true for a while. Politics + the pandemic has made it harder for me to focus on pro wrestling at times. I never saw wrestling as escapist as much as it was something I just really loved. That has changed in the last little while, probably. 

5 minutes ago, Loss said:

I never saw wrestling as escapist as much as it was something I just really loved.

That's interesting. I wouldn't know which one it is to me, really. I think I'd say the same thing, although binge watching pro-wrestling at times has absolutely been escapism from me (in times of depressive states for instance, I mean I did start to watch TNA in 2015 for that reason, as a shoot).

6 hours ago, GSR said:

Zellner too.  And while I was never a fan of the guy, didn't it pretty much do for JVK also.

The other part was that GWE also brought a bunch of Wrestling Twitter regulars onto this board, but that turned out to be temporary

That part's easy for me to understand given how much older the membership here trends.  Hell, i remember what happened on here when i tried to point out how closely younger wrestling fandom overlaps with anime fandom...

3 hours ago, Loss said:

I've needed a break because I found that message boards had too much arguing and that I didn't have it in me to defend my positions. It's rare that anyone on Twitter really asks me to do that, where here it's expected. I didn't think I could contribute to this board at the level that is generally expected, particularly because my way of dealing with this pandemic has pretty much been to only take part in conversations that are always positive. My personal tolerance for disagreement right now is very low, which is why I've avoided the board. It isn't fair to expect that, where with Twitter, if someone is disagreeing, I don't feel any obligation to engage. A weird answer, I know, but a truthful one.

I will set up your subfolder, Dr. Dunk.

Good to see you back.

To your point, I find the overall tone here far more genial than it was back in the day. I can't remember the last time civility broke down because someone needlessly raised the temperature over something trivial like it did so often in the past. I'd love to see more thoughtful in-depth discussion and analysis, but it's not really worth it if it comes at the cost of turning the board into a combat zone.