Pro Wrestling Only

AWA Major League Wrestling

spaldoni

I feel like the transition with the AWA is in full swing... and I mean that will all due respect. You are moving the pieces around like small stones in a huge stream but some rocks are bigger than others. A guy like Bad News will hold strong and be a solid key to this roster while new guys like Nikita and Warrior come to find their footing. I am pulling for the Gentlemen to show his mean streak and be more than he ever thought he could be here...

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 2-17-88

ring.jpg.6685bd9c84c982000a5099741f977605.jpg

Larry Nelson: Hello AWA fans and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. As you all know, the AWA returns to Winnipeg Canada this weekend for a huge card. Those wrestlers appearing have already arrived in Winnipeg. However, not to worry because we have two big title matches tonight. Larry Zbyszko defends his newly won TV title against Scott Putski. Also, Venomous will defend their National tag titles against the Original Midnight Express. All that and so much more. Let's get to the ring. 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Trent Watkins

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Kirchner hoists his opponent on his shoulders and hits the Fireman's Carry Slam for the win. Kirchner parades around the ring, waving the American Flag, then heads over to Nelson. 

Nelson: Corporal Kirchner, you've certainly had your hands full with Richard Charland and his manager Frenchy Martin. 

Kirchner: Charland! It's time we settled this once and for all! You and me in a boot camp match! I hope you heard me Frenchy. Does your man have the guts to accept? 

Commercial Break 

United Kingdom vs. Hal Connors and Louie Rawlings 

Taylor knocks Connors block off with a spinning forearm blast. Haystacks follows with a giant elbow drop for the win. 

Wait a minute! 

The Gunslingers hit the ring with a bullrope! They double clothesline Haystacks with the bullrope! They turn around and double clothesline Taylor with the bullrope! The fans are going wild. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: My goodness, it looked like the Gunslingers got a little payback on United Kingdom for that chair shot last week. Ok, switching gears, tomorrow night in Winnipeg, Bad News Brown defends the AWA world title against Al Perez. Perez gave Brown a lot more than he bargained for at Title Night. Let's here some pre recorded comments from Al Perez. 

Perez: Man, I came so close to achieving my dream of becoming AWA world champion. However, I came up short. No excuses, I've studied that match and learned from my mistakes. I've been given another golden opportunity and believe me I'm going to win that title! 

Nelson: No doubt about it, Perez is focused and determined. Another match that takes place in Winnipeg will be the Carribean Death match between Carlos Colon and Abudda Iaukea. Let's take a look at their history. 

A music montage of the Colon/Iaukea history is shown to Jimi Hendix's Purple Haze. 

Commercial Break 

Chicky Starr vs. Neil Jordan 

chicky.jpg.74e153cb48047617158ccfe29fe9f15d.jpg

Starr arrogantly walks to the ring in an athletic sweatsuit and towel around his neck. 

Starr swings his opponent to the ropes and puts him down with a double thrust, then follows with a corkscrew elbow drop for the win. Starr wipes his face with his towel and throws it down on his fallen opponent. 

Commercial Break 

AWA National Tag Team Title Bout

Venomous (C) vs. The Original Midnight Express w/Norvell Austin 

boone.jpg.f9b34496579d0c9c8de00397d9ce60e1.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpgmidnites.jpg.c8ee58e1244698a8e5e3d07b1cd8e14d.jpg

Venomous controls the early segment and have the Midnight's in total disarray. Thanks to a distraction by Norvell, Midnight's are able to change the tide. Midnight's regroup and show why they're one of the best cohesive units in wrestling. They hit double slams, double suplexes and stereo high knees. Venomous ride the storm out and makes a serious comeback by putting their high flying offense to work. We get a pier six brawl. Venomous double dropkick Condrey out of the ring. They stereo kick Rose and double snap suplex him. Ding, Ding, Ding! The 10 minute time limit has expired. 

Norvell and Condrey help Rose out of the ring. Norvell raises his men's hands up and says they should be the champs. The Ref hands the titles to Venomous. Venomous raise them high as the fans cheer. 

Commercial Break 

The camera zooms in on the glowing pink 'Beauty Shop' sign, then pans down to Brenda Britton. 

britton.jpg.5aec91034fa6881ddb8f0e304ad2e2e2.jpg

Britton: Hi everybody and welcome to a very special beauty shop. Please stand and rise for the AWA Chief of Operations, my best friend, Gerry Morrow! 

Morrow comes out in a white suit and white fedora. He hugs and kisses Brenda's hand. 

Morrow: Pleasure is all mine Brenda.

Britton: Oh Gerry! You're such a gentleman. I have to say, I've been more than impressed of the job you're doing. I understand you have some big announcements. 

Morrow: Ah, but of course. Because I can only make these announcements on de show where everything happens. 

Britton: You're to kind Gerry. The floor is all yours.

Morrow: Very well. De first announcement is our next title night will take place on Saturday, March 11th and it will take place in Puerto Rico. De AWA is going worldwide on my watch. And my next big announcement is dat our next pay per view event will take place on April 15th at de Market Square Arena. Brenda, do you want to know de name of dis event? 

Britton: You bet I do! 

Morrow: Champagne Slam! HAHAHAHA! 

Britton: (applauding) Gerry! That's brilliant! You're so innovating, it's perfect! We're going to leave on that high note. Until next time, tooooodles! 

Commercial Break 

'The Wild One' Johnny Rich vs. Bert Stevenson 

1100330928_johnnyrich.jpg.23d5654bd7a4fcb9cb884c13deed1099.jpg

The Wild One by Jerry Lee Lewis blasts on the speakers as Rich high fives fans on the way to the ring. 

Rich slams his opponent, goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop for the win! 

Nelson: Johnny Rich, you've been racking up a number of wins here in the AWA. I'm sure you would like a title shot...

Boos as the Dream Machine walks out. 

machine.png.e180c5330c37db45d22411e07c479f58.png

Dream: Johnny! Johnny! Johnny! What the hell are you doing babay? 

Rich: Not sure I follow Dream.

Dream: Come off it! Your cousin Tommy was a legend in the AWA. In my opinion, the greatest AWA world champ of all time. Now you come in here, talking about redeeming the Rich name. Coming out here dressed as some 50's greaser, being all buddy buddy with these idiots out here. So, again, what the hell's the matter with you? Why don't we hang out and let me talk some sense into you.

Rich: Look Dream, I am trying to redeem the Rich name and with all due respect I would like to do things my way. 

Dream: You really are a stooge, you know that. Accidents happen around here and when they do, you're going to wish you had a friend babay! 

Dream storms off leaving Rich and Nelson shrugging their shoulders. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs The Bruise Brothers vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

atlas.jpg.aeceb2b810ca79d7f91aa2a5858eded3.jpgcameron.jpg.9a3062af92b41b9e4224044b78503c0e.jpg

Business as usual as the Bruise Brothers swing Dutro to the ropes and put him down with stereo double axehandles to the head! 

Bruise Brothers cut a promo and say it doesn't matter who they face, aint nobody gonna take the titles from them! They have the titles around their necks and give the camera menacing muscle poses. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, with me now is Mando Guerrero. Mando, I understand you won't be in Winnipeg because you wanted to make a special announcement tonight. 

Mando: That's right, but don't worry because I know my brothers and Austin Idol will handle business with George and the Fortunate Ones. Larry, as you know I've been on the sidelines for a bit. During that time, I went out and got my manager's license. Of course my brothers Hector and Chavo are with me. and right now I would....

Massive boos as Greg Gagne comes slowly walking out. 

Nelson: Hold on Greg! What are you doing here? You're suppose to be in Winnipeg. 

Gagne: Hey Larry, how about noticing that I'm out of that wheelchair and walking. Man, I really can't stand you! The Doctors said because of my excellent health I was able to heal quicker than the average man. As for you Mando, I have an announcement as well. Making his triumphant return to the AWA, Gagne's Gang's newest member, Crusher Blackwell. 

blackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

Nelson: Oh no! Mando, maybe we should just get out of here.

Blackwell strolls up to Mando and stares him down. 

Mando: Hold on Larry. Greg, you interrupted my big announcement. 

Gagne: Well, these will be your last words, so I hope they're memorable ones. 

Mando: Oh they are. Please welcome out my newest client. El Canek! 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Canek storms out and plows over Gagne! Canek and Blackwell have a wild and furious exchange! Mass security and officials run out. Punches and bodies are flying everywhere as the commercial hits. 

Commercial Break 

AWA TV Title Bout 

Larry Zbyszko (C) vs. Scott 'Powerhouse' Putski 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpgputski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Zbyszko backs Putski away as the bell rings. Zbyszko starts yelling at the Ref to back Putski up. Putski has enough and dropkicks Zbyszko out of the ring. Putski goes to the apron. Zbyszko staggers around as Putski drops a double axehandle on him. Putski picks up Zbyszko and hurls him back in the ring. Putski goes to the top rope. Zbyszko staggers around and turns as Putski nails him with a flying press 1..2..Kick Out. Putski picks up Zbyszko but Zbyszko nails him with a mule kick.

Zbyszko regroups, grabs Putski and hits a gut wrench suplex. Zbyszko follows with a backbreaker, then goes to the middle ropes and comes down with a knee drop 1..2..Kick Out. Zbyszko continues to work over Putski with technical moves combined with old fashion rulebreaking. Zbyszko goes for a suplex but Putski blocks it and suplexes Zbyszko. 

Putski fires up and is all over Zbyszko with slams, dropkicks and clotheslines. Putski swings Zbyszko to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Zbyszko kicks him and quickly follows with a spinning neckbreaker 1..2..3! 

Zbyszko falls back against the turnbuckles as the Ref walks over and hands him the TV title. 

The Ultimate Warrior is standing in the desert as the sun sets. He's looking up at the sky and shaking. 

"This is the power that makes the sky crumble and the earth shake!" AAAAHHHHH!!!!!

The Ultimate Warrior is coming to the AWA! 

warrior.jpg.1e373112b00c3bcae0ece5a09901b829.jpg

The Corporal lays down the challenge to Charland, meet me in a boot camp match if you got the guts.

The Gunslingers enact some Texas justice on the United Kingdom.

Perez is ready for his rematch for in Winnipeg.

We get a nice recap of the hell Colon's been through.

Another solid win for Chicky.

Morrow is taking the AWA worldwide as Title Night is heading to Puerto Rico. And that's not all as he announces the creation of Champagne Slam.

Dream Machine takes umbrige with Johnny's quest for redemption.

The Bruise Brothers are as confident as the they are jacked.

Gagne and Blackwell are about to lay a hurting on Mando who gets bailed out by his newest client El Canek.

Putski gave a good effort but the TV title stays in Larry Land.

I'm really feeling the Warrior vibes from these vignettes.

Now this is the Dawn of War we had in mind when we first started this back in 2019.  The AWA is taking over the world.  You got the bog show coming up in Canada and then the next title event in Puerto Rico.  AWESOME!!

I really like the idea of Dream Machine coming out and confronting Johnny Rich about how Tommy was such an awesome champ and Johnny disagreeing and wanting to save the Rich name!!  

El Canek leveling Gagne was the moment of the week in Dawn of War!  I hate Gagne!!

I like what you are doing with the Original Midnight Express.  They have the name to be a major player in your tag division but they are going to have to earn it.  Would enjoy a rematch with Venomous.  

Gerry Morrow is doing great things for the AWA!!

AWA @ The Winnipeg Arena, Manitoba Canada 2-19-88

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

'Crippler' Ray Stevens defeated Salvatore Bellomo with a piledriver.

'Dynamite' DJ Peterson and 'Mr. Magnificent' Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man wrestled to a Double DQ when both men knocked the Ref down while punching each other. Afterwards both men kept fighting with Vinnie taking a tumble during the brawl. 

Mean Streak vs. The Technicians 

The Technicians started strong by simply outwrestling Mean Streak. Both Rheingans and Fleming brought their technical A game. However, once Mean Streak turned on their power, the Technicians had a hard time dealing with it. The ending was explosive as Mean Streak sent Rheingans through the ropes with double boots to the head. They finished Fleming off with a double chokeslam for the decisive win over the former National tag champs. 

Billy Jack Strong vs. Kokina w/Professor Ash 

Tough hard hitting contest as these big men go toe to toe. Kokina takes control with chops, thrusts, headbutts, vicious choking, nerve holds and spine tingling slams. Billy Jack comes back with forearm blasts, clotheslines, jumping headbutts, and double axehandles. Billy Jack does the unthinkable and hoists Kokina on his shoulders, but Ash reaches under the ropes and trips Billy. Both men tumble down, with Kokina on top. Kokina regroups, hoists Billy up and crashes back with a Samoan Drop for the pin. 

AWA Mid American Champ Austin Idol and The Guerreros (Hector and Chavo)

vs.

'Marvelous' Mike George and The Fortunate Ones (Jerry Stubbs and Gary Young) 

This match is fast paced, wild and chaotic. Idol and the Guerreros spend a lot of time taking turns pinballing George and the Fortunate Ones all over the ring. Gagne's Gang manages to regroup and get their time and shots in. A pier six brawl breaks out. Idol has George in the Las Vegas Leglock, Chavo is punching away on Stubbs. Hector goes for a clothesline but Young ducks it and Hector flys over the top rope. Stubbs lowblows Chavo as Young sneaks up and executes the tornado DDT for the win. BOOOOOOO! 

Caribbean Death Match! 

Carlos Colon vs. Abbuda Iaukea 

Colon heads down the aisle to the fans cheers. WHAM! Abbuda nails his back from behind with a Persian Club! The match is on! Abbuda picks up Colon and slams him on the concrete, then stomps away. Abbuda grabs a cable and chokes away on Colon. Abbuda picks up Colon and rams him back first into the steel post, then slams Colon on the ground. Abbuda stomps away on Colon's back, then clamps on the Camel Clutch! Abuuda wrenches away as the fans try and fire Colon up. Colon is shaking his fists and starts to rise. Abbuda is shocked. Colon rises and runs backwards, slamming Abbuda into the steel post. Both men just fall forward. Colon has the look of a madman as he starts to stagger up. 

Colon grabs Abbuda's head and lights him up with fists. Colon slams Abbuda's head into the steel post, then does it again. Abbuda is busted open and bleeding bad. Colon grabs Abbuda and hits several consecutive backbreakers. Colon grabs a chair and hits Abbuda's back several times. Colon grabs a cable and wraps it around Abbuda's neck. Colon clamps on the camel clutch while choking Abbuda with the cable! Abbuda is out. The Ref signals for the bell. Colon stands up and raises his arms in victory. His war with the Iaukea's is finally over. The fans roar as Colon stands in triumph. 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff vs. 'Gentleman' Chris Adams w/Baby Doll 

The fans are on their feet as Nikita explodes all over Adams. Baby Doll has terror in her eyes as she watches Nikita dismantle her man. It's all Nikita and the crowd is loving every minute. Baby Doll finally manages a distraction which allows Adams to send Nikita through the ropes with a high knee. Baby Doll earns her money and gives Nikita a painful back scratch. Adams gets back in the game and takes it to Nikita and scores several near falls. Adams hits a vertical suplex and follows with a knee drop from the top rope but can't put Nikita away. Adams misses a clothesline attempt, Nikita swings back and steamrolls Adams with a shoulder block. Nikita goes on a slam rampage and sets up for the Russian Sickle, but Baby Doll hops on the apron. Nikita heads over and warns her. Adams staggers up and charges Nikita but Nikita moves. Adams comes to a screeching holt to stop himself from colliding with Baby Doll. Nikita comes from behind and rolls up Adams 1..2..3! Mega Pop! 

AWA World Title Bout

Bad News Brown (C) vs. 'The Latin Heartthrob' Al Perez 

Perez wastes no time and goes right after Brown with hip tosses, dropkicks, back drops and slams. Brown comes back and pulls out his Judo arsenal. Brown gets ruthless and pounds away on Perez with fists, clubbing and mauling, but can't put Perez away. Brown charges Perez in the corner but Perez nails him with both boots. Brown staggers back as Perez puts him down with a clothesline. Brown staggers up as Perez scoop slams him down and hits a jumping fist drop. Perez goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop 1..2..Brown gets his foot on the rope. Perez hoists Brown up and is going for his helicopter drop but Brown rakes his eyes. Perez goes down as Brown comes down and rolls out of the ring. After a few seconds, Brown gets on the apron. Perez staggers up and goes to Brown, but Brown hits him and snaps Perez's head on the top rope. Brown gets in the ring. Perez staggers up as Brown grabs him and hits a bridging back suplex 1..2..3! 

Winner of the match and still AWA World Champ- Bad News Brown

Stevens may have just Crippled Bellomo.

Another wild brawl between Dynamite and Mr Magnificent.

Mean Streak pull the Technicians out of their comfort zone.

The Professor gives Kokina a helping hand.

Gagne's Gang pull one out without their leader.

Colon once again proves he is the AWA's kind of the (Caribbean) Deathmatch.

Well, Adams did better than Dream Machine at least.

Perez comes close but Bad News once again proves he's a survivor.

Great event as the AWA returns to Canada.  For me, the highlights included where that Billy Jack Jack Strong had the guts to try and hoist Kokina up on his shoulder, the details you wrote the Caribbean Death Match with, and that Chris Adams held his own with Nikita who eventually won with a roll-up of all things.  I know Al Perez has held his own in back to back title matches but Bad News is growing in invincibility.  Wonder who is next for the champ.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 2-24-88

Highlights from Winnipeg are shown. It ends with Carlos Colon standing tall after defeating Abbuda Iaukea in a Carribean Death Match. 

Larry Nelson: Hello fans and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Tonight you'll see Brad Rheingans take on Dave Taylor with the winner getting a TV title shot at the next Title Night. Cannonball Griz faces Johnny Rich. Badd Company teams with a mystery partner to take on Synergy and DJ Peterson. Gerry Morrow will have a special announcement regarding the next Title Night. A lot going on, so let's get to the ring. 

The Glamour Boys vs. Bert Stevenson and Ry Cooper 

simpson.jpg.8a24c045e095a2272a24a2c3d5fa33bc.jpgsdoll.jpg.9546a5251ff01c4e4a0a2930b7489d4e.jpg

The fans are on their feet as Simpson puts Cooper down with a missile dropkick and Doll follows with a splash from the top rope for the exciting win. 

Glamour Boys cut a promo and say they may not have won the world tag team titles, but that doesn't mean it's all over. Expect big things. 

Commercial Break

Nelson: With me now is the current C.O.O. of the AWA, Gerry Morrow. Gerry, the next Title Night will take place on March 11 inside of Roberto Clemente Coliseum, located in Puerto Rico. I understand you have some big news regarding this tremendous international event. 

Morrow: HAHAHA, indeed I do Larry. Mr. Carlos Colon has impressed me so much, that I am going to give him a shot at de AWA World Title, in his homeland. Dat's right, Bad News Brown will defend de AWA world title against Carlos Colon at Title Night. I'm excited for dat match. Also, Austin Idol will defend de Mid American Title against de Marvelous One, Mike George. Venomous will defend de National tag titles against de Midnight Express. Now, I have something very special planned for de AWA world tag titles. Next week, there will be a battle royal. De last two remaining will get to team up for a world tag title shot at Title Night. 

Nelson: Very intriguing. 

Morrow: Yes, it is. I can't wait to see how dis all plays out. 

BOOOOOS as Greg Gagne (limping) and Crusher Blackwell (eyeing Morrow) come out. 

Gagne: Gerry, you and I have been friends for a long time. Last week everybody saw that insane masked man El Canek attack Crusher and myself! I'm just getting over a serious injury because of Canek and he hurt me again. Now Gerry, I think you should suspend that lunatic. No, better yet, he should be banned from the AWA, never to return again. 

Morrow: AH Greg, we are very good friends. However, I told you that my old rival Blackwell could be reinstated with de understanding dat El Canek would get a match with him. You did agree to dis and dat match will happen very soon. Good luck gentlemen. 

Morrow walks away as Blackwell stares at him. Gagne is fuming but calms down.

Gagne: You know what? Crusher, we'll handle Canek our way. Think how much fun that'll be. 

Blackwell smiles and nods. 

Commercial Break

Synergy and 'Dynamite' DJ Peterson vs. Badd Co. and ??? w/DDP 

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpgrice.jpg.9ffa0a9b152fa14b7ba09c7979d5ce96.jpgadias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpg88844609_badcom.jpg.54e483f09822cb2650a83caf2d8ac5ba.jpg

DDP and Badd Co. enter the ring. DDP snatches the mic. 

DDP: It's me, it's me, it's DDP. Teaming with BA Double D Company, is the newest member of the Diamond Mine. The International sensation, the one and only Chicky the Super Starr! 

chicky.jpg.74e153cb48047617158ccfe29fe9f15d.jpg

Chicky Starr struts in the ring and hugs DDP and high fives Badd Co. 

Synergy and DJ turn the boos into cheers as they enter the ring. 

The match is back and forth non stop action. Badd Co. and Synergy are in the midst of a heated rivalry and it shows tonight. DJ comes in and pinballs everyone with his power moves. Chicky shows he's worth every penny as he puts on a solid performance. Things get nuts and all 6 men start brawling. The Ref is tied up with Synergy and Badd Co. BOOOOS as the Vin Man and Kevin Kelly come out. DJ goes to the top rope but Vinnie distracts him, which allows Kelly to come from behind and push DJ off the top rope. Chicky gets up, swings off the ropes and hits his corkscrew elbow drop on DJ as the Ref runs over and counts 1..2..3! Vinnie and Kelly laugh all the way to the back. 

Commercial Break 

'Quebecer' Richard Charland w/Frenchy Martin vs. Neil Jordan 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Charland hits an inverted atomic drop, then quickly grabs his opponent and finishes him off with an inverted piledriver. 

Nelson: Frenchy, last week Corporal Kirchner laid down the boot camp match challenge to your man Richard Charland. 

Frenchy: We have gladly accepted. However, Corporal Kirchner is no challenge at all, so this will be no problem for Richard Charland. Kirchner! Your service in the AWA is over! 

Commercial Break 

'The Russian Nightmare' Nikita Koloff vs. Todd Rooney 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Nikita fires the fans up as he puts Rooney down with the Russian Sickle for the easy pin! 

WHAM! From behind Chris Adams nails Nikita with a chair to the back of the head! Baby Doll grabs the chair. Adams grabs Nikita and lays him against the turnbuckles. Baby Doll holds the chair in front of Nikita's face. Adams backs up, then runs forward and superkicks the chair into Nikita's face! Nikita's a bloody mess! Officials run in as Adams and Baby Doll slowly exit the ring to thundering boos. 

adams.jpg.177b4c962e2bd0b235f2955f6c59b51c.jpg2105483320_babydoll.jpg.7988824becd399ba1f2ff833033414d5.jpg

Commercial Break 

Nelson: What a horrific incident! Nikita Koloff was completely unconscious as medics treated him. My goodness, I hope he's ok. Fans, tomorrow night, the AWA will have a very special TV event. We're going to show you the Jumbo Tsuruta, Tatsumi Fujinami rematch from the Tokyo Dome. I can't wait to see that one. Ok, back to the ring. 

The Guerreros w/Mando vs. Vic Dutro and Willie Lopez 

guererros.jpg.c7215a2f8495a3d1f63035c11bf35cc9.jpg

Chavo nails Lopez with a high knee lift as Hector follows with a German Suplex for the win. Mando stands between his brothers and holds their arms up high. 

Commercial Break 

'The Wild One' Johnny Rich vs. Cannonball Griz w/Norvell Austin 

1100330928_johnnyrich.jpg.23d5654bd7a4fcb9cb884c13deed1099.jpgcannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz overpowers Rich with some hard hitting offense. Rich isn't going down that easily and takes the fight to Griz. Griz cuts off Rich's comeback when Rich goes for a back drop but Griz stops and drops a massive forearm blast to Rich's head. Griz swings Rich into the corner and charges in with a running clothesline. Griz swings Rich to the opposite corner and goes for another clothesline but Rich moves. Both men are staggering around. Rich hops on the middle ropes and puts Griz down with a double axehandle. Rich swings off the ropes and hits a jumping elbow drop 1..2..NO! The Midnight Express hit the ring and stomp away on Rich! The Ref signals for the DQ. 

Dream Machine walks down the aisle and just watches as the Midnights swing Rich to the ropes and execute the flapjack! Griz picks up Rich and powerslams him over. Norvell and his men celebrate before leaving. Dream Machine walks into the ring with a mic. 

"I told you babay, you need friends around here" 

Dream Machine drops the mic on Rich's chest. 

Commercial Break 

Kokina w/Professor Bill Ash vs. Carl Kellerman 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpg

Kokina is ruthless and finishes things off with the Samoan Drop! 

Ash cuts a promo and says now that Kokina took care of Billy Jack Strong, Nick Busick is next! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, next week you'll see the interesting battle royal, where the last two men standing will team up for a chance at the AWA world tag titles at Title Night. Carlos Colon will be here as well as the AWA world champ Bad News Brown. Let's get to our final match. 

Winner gets a TV title shot at Title Night

Brad Rheingans w/Mark Fleming vs. Dave Taylor w/Giant Haystacks 

bradr.jpg.49257ef1337b50e83953d543fa369183.jpgtaylor.jpg.a981a145b2b50a2e73016e2aadfdd056.jpg

Brad and Taylor put on a wrestling clinic for the first few minutes with neither man gaining an advantage. Things heat up a bit as Taylor starts blasting Brad with European uppercuts. Taylor executes a snap suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor goes for a vertical suplex but Brad blocks it and suplexes Taylor over. Brad swings off the ropes but Haystacks nails him with a punch to the back. Brad goes to his knee. Fleming runs around the ring but Haystacks plows him over! Haystacks picks up Fleming and slams him on the concrete. 

The Gunslingers run out and double team Haystacks! Inside the ring, Taylor picks up Brad but drops him when he sees what's going on outside the ring. Brad quickly rolls up Taylor 1..2..3! Brad looks out and sees his partner lying there. Brad runs out and tends to him. Taylor runs out and joins the fight as United Kingdom and the Gunslingers fight all around the ring. Chaos ends the show. 

Winner of the match- Brad Rheingans

The Glamour Boys are still on the hunt for gold.

Morrow revealing some big matches for the next Title Night. The OG Midnights get a shot at Venomous. George gets another crack at Idol. The Bruise Brothers defend against a wildcard team and the big one, Carlos Colon goes for the world title on his home island.

Blackwell & Gagne are definitely gonna have a plan for Canek.

Chicky has a successful first match in the Diamond Mine thanks to Kelly and the Vin Man.

Charland accepts the Corporal's challenge.

Adams reaps bloody vengeance on Nikita.

Los Guerrero's with a nice showcase.

Rich finds out that as annoying as he is, Dream Machine was right about needing some friends.

Ash is ready to sick his savage on Busick.

Rheingans is going to Larry Land.

AWA Special TV Presentation 

awa2.jpg.f9782ae0c524d7a10c4fdd27cab51447.jpg

Ken Resnick: Hello AWA fans and welcome to this very special TV event. At SuperClash 2, former AWA world tag team champions Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami wrestled each other in an absolute classic, with Jumbo edging out the victory. Japan couldn't wait to sign the rematch. That match happened earlier this week in Tokyo and tonight you're going to see that match. Get ready, here we go. 

From the Tokyo Dome

Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Tatsumi Fujinami 

Before the match, there's a grand ceremony consisting of dancers, streamers and flowers. The introductions of two of the most well respected and revered Japanese wrestlers are made. The bell rings and it's go time! 

The first few minutes is wrestled cautiously as both men trade holds and takedowns. Things pick up when Tatsumi goes for a back suplex but Jumbo reverses it and sends Tatsumi flying with an overhead German suplex. Jumbo follows with a gut wrench suplex, vertical suplex and back breaker before applying the Boston Crab. Tatsumi fights with all his strength and is able to reach the ropes. Jumbo swings Tatsumi to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Tatsumi stops and hits a double underhook DDT! 

Tatsumi regroups. Jumbo staggers up as Tatsumi puts him down with a front dropkick. Tatsumi goes on a suplex rampage before hitting a rib breaker. Tatsumi swings Jumbo to the ropes and applies an abdominal stretch. Jumbo fights hard and finally hip tosses Tatsumi over. Jumbo tries to regroup but Tatsumi quickly backslides him 1..2..Kick out. Tatsumi swings Jumbo to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Jumbo swings back and puts Tatsumi down with a high knee. 

Jumbo clears the cobwebs. Tatsumi staggers up as Jumbo grabs him and hits a swinging neckbreaker. Jumbo picks up Tatsumi and body slams him, then goes to the top rope and crashes down with a knee drop 1..2..Tatsumi gets his shoulder up. Jumbo swings Tatsumi to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Tatsumi swings back and clotheslines Jumbo. 

Both men stagger up, Jumbo chops the back of Tatsumi's head and follows with a running neckbreaker drop 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo swings Tatsumi to the ropes but misses a lariat, Tatsumi swings back but Jumbo puts him down with a big boot to the head! Jumbo picks up Tatsumi and hoists him on the turnbuckles. Jumbo hops up and goes for a superplex but Tatsumi punches and chops Jumbo until Jumbo finally falls back and down. Jumbo staggers up as Tatsumi nails him with a flying body press 1..2..Kick Out. Jumbo rises as Tatsumi hits him with an enzuguri 1..2..Kick Out. Tatsumi swings Jumbo to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Jumbo kicks him. Both men are down and reeling. 

Both men rise as Jumbo grabs Tatsumi and executes a high angle belly to back suplex 1..2..Tatsumi gets his shoulder up. Jumbo picks up Tatsumi and comes down with a brainbuster. Jumbo slowly picks up Tatsumi and hoists him up for a powerbomb but Tatsumi punches down on Jumbo. Both men crumble down. Jumbo gets up and swings Tatsumi into the corner and charges in but Tatsumi raises his knees as Jumbo hits them head on. Tatsumi executes a belly to back suplex backbreaker and follows with his dragon suplex 1..2..3!!!

The fans show these two the upmost respect with a long applause. 

After a couple minutes, Tatsumi and Jumbo shake hands and bow to each other. 

Winner of the match- Tatsumi Fujinami 

Now reading that last tv show was really fun!

You had me hooked from the minute Morrow said we were going to Puerto Rico!  Throw in Carlos Colon vs Bad news... Wow!  I have so many thoughts running through my head with this one.  What you had done with Carlos Colon over the past years (?), I really think he has a chance.  But then Bad News has been so dominant, I change my mind.  Then I think Puerto Rico and the homeland and I switch back to Colon.  Then I think about things I have heard about the crowd in Puerto Rico and I think that if Bad News wins, he and the ref might not get out alive.  But then again, its Bad News and he might take on the entire crowd.   WHAT A MATCH!!

Also really enjoyed the rest of the Morrow interview with Gagne.  I loved seeing Gagne put in his place even if it was only for a moment before Gagne got some other sick plan.

Nice idea with the Battle Royal where the winner gets a tag title shot!  I think you hit on something with these title night shows.  I might be stealing this one.  

I'm going to give you a lot of credit for how you are doing the Adams/Nikita feud.  Many of us have used Nikita and we have always made him look unbeatable, like the Road Warriors in the early 80's.  I am guilty of this and I became bored of him because all the matches were the same.  I think this is one of the reasons I disliked the WWF back in the day.  I never thought Hogan was going to loose.  Whether it is with a chair or Baby Doll using some questionable tactics, I truly believe Adams can take down Koloff and to me this is what makes wrestling awesome.  The Superkick with the steel chair... paints such a devastating picture.  Great booking.

I agree with Dream Machine... Johnny Rich needs friends.  This is one of my favorite feuds in the game right now.  Just love the Southern brawling feel here where a normal looking guy like Johnny Rich is taking on a whole herd.  

I think the idea of having a show for one match which be a perfect midnight show on any network.  Throw in the idea that it is from Tokyo, and the interest would grow!  Nice idea.  

Good week for the AWA.  A show in Canada, Tokyo and an announced card in PR.  This is what Dawn of War was originally going to be.  The AWA takes over the world of Wrestling.  Awesome 

I agree with a lot of what Kevin is saying in regards to Adams and Nikita. I loved having Adams as a top tier guy in Windy City and I always thought he had so much to give to a company in that role. You've got him in a prime spot here.  The special contest from the Tokyo Dome is a fun addition - I wonder if they were there the same time Race and the Road Warriors were :)

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-3-88

Larry Nelson: Hello fans and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Big battle royal scheduled for tonight with the last two remaining men receiving a world tag title shot at Title Night. Mike George takes on Billy Jack Strong. AWA TV champ Larry Zbyszko will be here along with the AWA national tag champs, Venomous. We'll hear from Carlos Colon as well as AWA world champ Bad News Brown. All that and a lot more, so lets get to the ring. 

Mean Streak vs. Carl Kellerman and Rance Jenkins 

adams.jpg.b923dfeeab41c1167fc0a828ab772eec.jpgmiller.jpg.afadcc8ab26a2432696c644f8d427ff0.jpg

Total squash that ends with a devasting double choke slam. 

Nelson: Brian Adams and Mike Miller, you guys have been on a terror. What's on your agenda? 

Brian: So far, we've annihilated everybody and everything! However, we do have our eyes on a certain team we'd like to destroy. 

Miller: We're talking about those girlie men, the Glamour Boys. We're sick and tired of watching them dance and prance around. It's time to wipe the smiles off their stupid faces! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: In tonight's battle royal, there will be several tag teams, along with single stars. It's obvious the teams will work together to get that coveted world tag title shot....

Boos as Greg Gagne and Mike George stroll out. 

Nelson: Just what are you two doing out here? Shouldn't Mike be preparing for his match with Billy Jack Strong? By the way Greg, I think it's pretty risky signing your man to a very competitive match tonight, when he faces Austin Idol for the Mid America title at Title Night next week. 

Gagne: You really are a moron Nelson. First off, it's the Marvelous One to you, not Mike. As far as tonight goes, Billy Jack Strong is merely a tune up. We want to show the world that Mike George is the uncrowned Mid American champ and tonight Billy boy is going to be in for a wrestling lesson he won't ever forget. Now! I'm also out here with some great news. Next week, the muscle of Gagne's Gang, Crusher Blackwell gets his long awaited match with that clown El Canek. Canek is going to get flattened and if that wimp Mando gets involved, I'm going to knock his block off! And one more thing, my Fortunate Ones are on their way to title night, because they're winning the battle royal. We're done! 

Gagne and George leave as Nelson rolls his eyes. 

Commercial Break 

Corporal Kirchner vs. Neil Jordan 

kirchner.jpg.a7dbc455e6129723c65548500bec3f3f.jpg

Kirchner back drops Jordan, hoists him up and hits a Fireman's Carry Drop for the win. Kirchner gets his American Flag, gets back in the ring and waves it proudly. 

WHAM! From behind, Richard Charland whacks Kirchner across his back with the Quebec Flag! Frenchy Martin enters the ring. Him and Charland put the boots to Kirchner. Charland picks up Kirchner and puts him down with an inverted piledriver. Frenchy drapes the American flag over Kirchner. 

Commercial Break

AWA National Tag Team Champs Venomous vs. Oliver Oswald and Regis Moore 

boone.jpg.f9b34496579d0c9c8de00397d9ce60e1.jpgcobra.jpg.62d019d2a8dbb40b7f20875c706adb0e.jpg

Cobra executes a superplex and Kat follows with a moonsault for the exciting win! 

Kat tells Nelson that the Midnight Express took them to the limit last time, but at Title Night, Venomous will walk away with the win and their titles. 

Commercial Break 

Ray 'The Crippler' Stevens vs. Trent Watkins

rstevens.jpg.49e2e7c909eb0b392ead177e33ff95aa.jpg 

Stevens mauls his opponent and puts him out of his misery with a piledriver. 

Nelson: Ray Stevens, you've certainly been aggressive since returning to the AWA. I understand Rip Oliver might be cleared for action soon. You can't be happy about what you did.

Stevens: Of course I'm happy! Piledriving that phony on the concrete has given me a new lease on life. The crippler is back! Rip Oliver, if you're stupid enough to come back for more, then you better have your medical insurance up to date.

Commercial Break 

El Canek w/Mando Guerrero vs. Harold Bannister  

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpg

Canek slams Bannister down, goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying leg drop for the win. 

Mando cuts a passionate promo on Gagne and says next week El Canek will get his revenge and payback on Blackwell. 

Commercial Break 

'Gentleman' Chris Adams w/Baby Doll vs. Danny Lathrop 

adams.jpg.177b4c962e2bd0b235f2955f6c59b51c.jpg

Adams finishes things off with a Superkick! 

Nelson: Last week we all witnessed the horrible attack on Nikita Koloff at the hands of you Chris Adams and you Baby Doll. He suffered a concussion and broken nose. 

Adams: That was a strong message to everyone that nobody gets up from my superkick, not even a Russian nightmare. 

Nelson: Oh come on! You and Baby Doll used a chair to do the damage. 

Baby Doll: Shut up Nelson or you're next. 

Adams: Just remember something Nikita, you're Russian Sickle is nothing compared to my superkick. I already proved that! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: With me now is the current AWA TV Champ, Larry Zbyszko. Larry, you've got a title defense against Brad Rheingans at Title Night. 

Larry: Let me tell you and all these spudheads out here something. Brad Rheingans might be a technical wrestling machine but he's walking into Larry Land and trust me, he's leaving a beaten and defeated soul. Both his body and ego will be bruised. 

Commercial Break 

'Marvelous' Mike George w/Greg Gagne vs. Billy Jack Strong 

mgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpgbilly.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpg

Gagne distracts Strong at the bell, which allows George to nail Strong from behind with a high knee. George picks up Strong and throat drops him on the top rope. George distracts the Ref as Gagne runs over and chokes Strong on the bottom rope. George picks up Strong and hits a back suplex 1..2..Kick Out. George swings Strong to the ropes but misses a clothesline, Strong swings back and clotheslines George down. Strong regroups. 

Strong picks up George and hits a delayed vertical suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Strong picks up George and executes an overhead German suplex. Gagne gets on the apron, Strong runs over and picks Gagne up by his shirt. George staggers up and clotheslines Strong from behind. Gagne falls on the apron. George pounds away on Strong. Gagne staggers to his feet. George throws a punch but Strong blocks it and punches George into Gagne. Gagne falls to the ground. George staggers forward as Strong grabs him and hits a belly to belly suplex 1..2..3! Huge Pop! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Joining me now....

Brenda Britton walks out and takes the mic from Nelson. 

Britton: Hi Larry! You and I both know that I'm the only one authorized to interview Gerry. 

Nelson rolls his eyes and walks away.

Britton: Please welcome out the C.O.O. of the AWA, Gerry Morrow. 

Morrow comes out in his white suit, white fedora and sunglasses. He hugs Brenda and kisses her hand. 

Britton: Gerry, I understand you have a big announcement. I'm dying to hear what it is. 

Morrow: AHHHH Brenda, so much happening in de AWA. Title Night is next week and will be in Puerto Rico. Very exciting. Now, as you know our next pay per view will be on April 15th and dat is Champagne Slam.

Britton: Oh Gerry, you know I love that name. 

Morrow: I know you do Brenda. So do I. I'm here to announce dat at Champagne Slam, none other than de Ultimate Warrior will make his in ring AWA debut! 

Brenda: Wow! That guy is off his rocker! I can't wait to see what he does in the ring. 

Morrow: You and me both Brenda HAHAHAHA! 

Brenda: Alright then, pleasure as always Gerry, tooooodles! 

Commercial Break 

Battle Royal-Last Two remaining will team up at Title Night for a shot at the AWA World tag titles. 

Participants- Gunslingers, United Kingdom, DJ Peterson, Cannonball Griz, Badd Co., Gene Ligon, Synergy, Salvatore Bellomo, Kevin Kelly, the Guerreros, the Fortunate Ones and Scott Putski 

All the managers (Gagne, DDP, Norvell and the Vin Man) are sent to the back. 

The bell rings and fists and forearms are flying. Gunslingers and United Kingdom are pounding away on each other. Synergy and Badd Co. are trading blows. The Guerreros and Fortunate Ones and locked up. Of course, Kelly and DJ are in a heated exchange.

Cannonball Griz eye rakes Putski, then clotheslines both Ligon and Bellomo over the top rope! 

As Griz holds up his arms in victory, Putski comes from behind and dumps him over the top rope! 

Putski jumps on Giant Haystacks back and clamps on a sleeper. Gunslingers and Taylor join in. They all end up going over the top rope in a cluster. 

As Putski staggers up on the outside, Griz runs over and barrels Putski over with a running shoulder block. 

Kelly and DJ angrily continue to pound away on each other.

The Guerreros hit stereo flying presses on the Fortunate Ones but the momentum carries all 4 men over the top rope. They continue to fight on the outside.

Tanaka and Diamond send Ricky Rice over the top with double karate kicks. Adias comes from behind and dumps Diamond over the top. 

Tanaka and Adias are tangled up at the ropes. DJ runs over and sends Tanaka over the top. At the same time Kelly sends Adias over the top with a clothesline from behind. 

Kelly and DJ start blasting away on each other. The bell is ringing but Kelly and DJ are still fighting. 

Wait a minute! DJ and Kelly are the last two remaining! NO way! 

The bell keeps ringing but DJ and Kelly keep pounding away on each other. Vinnie runs into the ring with several officials to break them up. 

Winners of the battle royal and will team up for a world tag title shot at Title Night- DJ Peterson and Kevin Kelly

Commercial Break 

Nelson: How about that? Sworn enemies, DJ Peterson and Kevin Kelly will now have to work together. Can they even do that? Unbelievable. Speaking of title night. Joining me now is Carlos Colon. 

Colon (wearing a very nice suit) comes out to a rousing ovation. 

Nelson: Carlos, you have finally won your war with the Iaukea's and now you get a AWA world title shot in your homeland of Puerto Rico. That's got to be special for you.

Colon: Words can not explain how I feel. To be able to wrestle for the AWA world title in my home is a dream come true. 

There's a commotion as Bad News Brown comes out (wearing his suit with unbuttoned buttons and gold chain). He stops and holds up the title. 

Brown: Well, I guess we all know who's next! One by one, they all fall to Bad News Brown. 

Colon: Look Mr. Brown, I don't want trouble. Why don't we just wait until Title Night? 

Brown: Geez, you really have gone soft Colon. 

Nelson: Look Bad News, Carlos and myself do not want an altercation. You know this man can fight with the best of them, so let's just stay calm. 

Brown: Oh here we go again. Hey, Colon can fight, I'll give him that. But it takes a lot more than that to beat me. Just ask Al Perez. He was a war games survivor, he won a taped fist match and he thought he could go toe to toe with Bad News Brown. He thought wrong. Nobody beats Bad News Brown and it defiantly wont be a softie like you Colon. 

Colon: I'll see you next week in Puerto Rico Brown and I'm going to give you a friendly warning. I'm coming to fight and I'm coming for the AWA world title. 

Colon leaves as the fans cheer. 

Brown: Now that aint gonna happen. I'm going to humiliate him in his homeland and believe me, that's bad news for Puerto Rico and Carlos Colon! 

AWA Title Night 3-11-88

From Roberto Clemente Coliseum in Puerto Rico 

AWA World Title Bout

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Carlos Colon 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout 

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. 'Dynamite' DJ Peterson and 'Mr. Magnificent' Keven Kelly w/The Vin Man

AWA Mid -American Title Bout 

Austin Idol (C) vs. 'Marvelous' Mike George w/Greg Gagne

AWA TV Title Bout

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko (C) vs. Brad Rheingans 

Plus, a bonus match featuring Chicky Starr w/DDP 

Really enjoying the new AWA.  

Title Night is shaping up to be an awesome event this month.  I have never done a battle royal with the last two teaming up for a tag title shot but I love the idea.  Not sure DJ and Kelly can work together but we are going to find out.

Also like the idea the Brenda is the only one who can talk to Morrow.  All this little touches make the show such a great read. 

Billy Jack Strong over Mike George... I wonder what Gagne is thinking now... I hope he is fuming at his bad decision.  

In my mind Nikita and Adams seemed like a mismatch at first but now it seems like a pick-em to me.  Throw in Baby Doll and we might have a new favorite.  

El Canek vs Crusher Blackwell is very interesting as both have been near the top in the past.  Who is moving up the pecking order is very interesting to me.

I'm all in on Crippler Ray Stevens!!!

AWA keeps on rolling

Mean Streak vs The Glamour Boys is a natural feud.

Kirchner & Charland kick it up a notch.

Venomous said he was ready for whoever won the battle royal but I don't think anyone was ready for Peterson & Kelly to be the winning duo.

Stevens isn't afraid to put Oliver back on the shelf.

The "tune up" blows up in Gagne & George's faces.

The Ultimate Warrior arrives at Champagne Slam!

Bad News lays it out for Colon. Takes more than knowing how to fight to beat the champ.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-10-88

Larry Nelson: Hello fans and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. As you know, this month's title night takes place tomorrow night in Puerto Rico. The wrestlers booked have already arrived in Puerto Rico. However, not to worry, plenty of action on tonight's program. Blockbuster main event as El Canek takes on Crusher Blackwell. The Gunslingers take on United Kingdom. All that and a lot more, so let's get to the action. 

Synergy (Brian Adias and Ricky Rice) vs. Todd Rooney and Ray Glader 

adias.jpg.5de878275a49dc9249146a1165731d4e.jpgrice.jpg.9ffa0a9b152fa14b7ba09c7979d5ce96.jpg

Synergy gets the program off to an exciting start and win the match with a double dropkick. 

Synergy cuts a promo on Badd Co. and says this is far from over.

Commercial Break 

The Dream Machine vs. Curtis Moore

Dream has a lot of fun showboating before he finishes things off with a jumping elbow drop. 

Nelson: Dream Machine, seems you've been trying to teach Johnny Rich some sort of lesson lately.

Dream: Listen up babay, I'm trying to help him. His cousin Tommy rocked this place and if Johnny listens to me, well, we can rock this place. Come on Johnny Rich! Come to your senses! 

Commercial Break 

'Quebecer' Richard Charland w/Frenchy Martin vs. Neil Jordan 

charland.jpg.f9285405741e55c8e529a2262081f7e6.jpgfrenchy.jpg.4a3f521b7a51982d6e031fd38e330704.jpg

Charland hoists Jordan up and drops him with an inverted piledriver for the win! 

The crowd roars as Corporal Kirchner pushes Frenchy Martin over, grabs the Quebec Flag, hits the ring and whacks Charland with the flag! Kirchner picks Charland up and puts him down with the fireman's carry slam. Kirchner lays the Quebec Flag over Charland. 

Nelson: It looks like Corporal Kirchner paid Charland back for last week's ambush. Those two will meet in the much anticipated boot camp match, next weekend in Rochester Minnesota. 

Commercial Break 

'The Wild One' Johnny Rich vs. Clinton Stitch

Rich goes to the top rope and crashes down with a flying elbow drop for the win! 'The Wild One' by Jerry Lee Lewis plays as Rich heads to ringside. 

Nelson: Well Johnny, I'm sure you heard Dream Machine's comments earlier. Not to mention, after you suffered a 3 on 1 attack by Cannonball Griz and the Midnight Express last week, he had more words for you. 

Rich: Look, I've made it clear that I'm trying to bring credibility to the Rich name in the AWA. I'm not interested in what Dream Machine says or does. I'll clean up my backyard and he can stay in his. 

Commercial Break 

The Fortunate Ones (Jerry Stubbs and Gary Young) vs. Burt Ernest and Carl Kellerman 

stubbs.jpg.73f85f8644ce5b19bf8ae4ade6a8fa53.jpgyoung.jpg.510b0180f8cdfff20c4f845d9d006757.jpg

Greg Gagne is in Puerto Rico with Mike George. Fortunate Ones have an impressive showing and win the match with a double gourdbuster. After the match, they give a double thumbs up to the booing fans. 

Commercial Break

The Gunslingers vs. United Kingdom 

mantell.jpg.850b196b9fe48ecf85d7a0f9efae3239.jpgcasey.jpg.44b02c97f7262e542080d415c447723a.jpgtaylor.jpg.a981a145b2b50a2e73016e2aadfdd056.jpghaystacks.jpg.1b0342afe7f24be0e14b24c3dd3ca5e2.jpg

The bell rings and all 4 men go at it. Gunslingers double clothesline Taylor. As they turn around, Haystacks bowls them over with a running shoulder block. The Ref gets order. Haystacks slams Casey and tags in Taylor. Taylor works over Casey with European uppercuts, then follows with a gut wrench suplex 1..2..Kick Out. Taylor tags in Haystacks. Haystacks goes for an elbow drop but Casey moves and tags in Mantel. Mantel comes in as Haystacks tags in Taylor. 

Taylor charges but gets back dropped. Taylor gets up but Mantel scoop slams him down. Mantel swings off the ropes. As Taylor rises, Mantel puts him down with a bulldog 1..2..Haystacks kicks Mantel. Casey runs in and goes crazy on Haystacks with punches. Mantel joins in. In quite the visual, the Gunslingers hit a double bulldog on Haystacks! The Ref guides Casey to his corner. Taylor sneaks up and lowblows Mantel, then rolls him up with a handful of tights 1..2..3! Casey's a second too late. Casey tends to Mantel as Taylor tries to get Haystacks up and out of the ring. 

Commercial Break 

'The Latin Heartthrob' Al Perez vs. Vic Dutro 

alp.jpg.385babc5f99261bd7642a5fc6931960f.jpg

The fans cheer as Perez hits the helicopter drop for the win! 

Nelson: Al Perez, you gave the world champ Bad News Brown a run for his money, not once, but twice. 

Perez: Thank you Larry. However, I came up short both times. I'll admit, it was heartbreaking. I took some time off, then realized I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and get back in the game. I'm coming back stronger and better than ever and I promise I'll be back in title contention before you know it! 

Commercial Break 

Scott 'Powerhouse' Putski vs. Harold Bannister 

putski.jpg.67044e38c0e3ca3225c6eefa28899ee0.jpg

Putski finishes things off with the Polish Hammer! 

Nelson: Scott Putski, last week Cannonball Griz took a cheap shot at you after your time in the battle royal. 

Putski: Yea, after I eliminated him. He couldn't get the job done inside the ring, so he cheap shots me. Hey Griz! Anytime! Anyplace! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: This weekend broadcasted from Puerto Rico, the AWA will present Title Night. All titles on the line. Carlos Colon will no doubt have homefield advantage as he faces Bad News Brown for the world title. And how about hated rivals Kevin Kelly and DJ Peterson earning a world tag title shot against the Bruise Brothers? I mean Kelly and DJ have been feuding on and off for years. I have to say that'll be very interesting. And how will Mike George's focus be after getting beat by Billy Jack Strong last week? Greg Gagne better have him ready for Mid American champ Austin Idol. The Midnight Express took National champs Venomous to a draw and will get a rematch at Title Night. How can I forget TV champ Larry Zbyszko defending his title against Brad Rheingans. I also understand AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow will be on hand as well. It all happens tomorrow night as Ken Resnick hosts Title Night. 

Commercial Break 

El Canek w/Mando Guerrero vs. Crusher Blackwell 

canek.jpg.b144562d8ceffccc2c1b875970131df6.jpgblackwell.jpg.b38866d2536b43a560d8890a4449474f.jpg

The bell rings and these two beasts collide head on and have a furious exchange. Canek gets the upper hand, swings Blackwell to the ropes and clotheslines him down. 

Boooos as the Fortunate Ones run out and attack Mando! They punch him down, then stomp away. Canek sees this and runs out and starts fighting the Fortunate Ones. Blackwell rolls out of the ring and nails Canek from behind. The Fortunate Ones and Blackwell triple team Canek. 

Cheers as Johnny Rich runs out with fists swinging. He does pretty good but 3 men are just too much to handle. The Fortunate Ones double slam Rich on the concrete. Blackwell slams Canek into the steel post. The Fortunate Ones pick up Mando and slam him into the guard railing. 

Dream Machine walks out and watches as the Fortunate Ones pick up Rich and hold him as Blackwell clotheslines him down. 

Blackwell and the Fortunate Ones leave the fallen Canek, Mando and Rich behind.

Dream Machine snatches a mic and walks to Johnny Rich. 

"When are you going to wake up babay?' 

Dream drops the mic on Rich's chest. 

The Ultimate Warrior is standing in the dark with his back turn. He starts shaking his head and arms, then turns around. 

"Exit stage right! Exit stage left! There is no place to run! All the fuses and exit signs have been burnt out! The Ultimate Warrior is coming! 

The Ultimate Warrior debuts at Champagne Slam! 

4-15-88

warrior.jpg.1e373112b00c3bcae0ece5a09901b829.jpg

Getting caught up on things here in my first few days. I can say, you have a talented roster going for you and the ability to put on a little bit of everything for the fans no matter where you show whether the US, Canada or Puerto Rico.

Brenda Britton is nice to look at from the neck down but you really need to invest in some paper bags to put over her head to cover up.

(I wanted to post this a day early, so I can get caught up on everybody's shows tomorrow.) 

AWA Title Night 3-11-88

belt.jpg.ffc428bf4f8d01f47f041d57f4dd5af2.jpg

From the Roberto Clemente Coliseum, San Juan Puerto Rico 

Ken Resnick: Hello everybody and welcome to Title Night. The AWA is very proud to be here in Puerto Rico and let me tell you, these great fans are ready. As you can see AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow is at ringside. 

The camera pans to Morrow, who raises his glass and smiles. 

Resnick: Well, we have a tremendous night of action, so let's get to it. 

Chicky Starr w/DDP defeats a Local masked talent with the corkscrew elbow. DDP put his promo skills to work with a very charismatic introduction of Chicky. As if Chicky needed more heat in Puerto Rico

AWA TV Title Bout 

'The Living Legend' Larry Zbyszko (C) vs. Brad Rheingans 

Larry really irks the fans with his ongoing stalling tactics. He finally gets on the apron and Brad didn't waste any time as he grabs Larry and suplexes him back in the ring. Brad controls the early segment with suplexes, back drops and slams. Larry turns the tide with a mule kick and proceeds to break the rules and argue with both the Ref and the fans. Brad comes back with a sidewalk slam and almost puts Larry away with a German suplex. Brad gets excited and charges Larry in the corner but Larry lifts his knees. Brad hits them head on. Larry grabs Brad and hits a swinging neckbreaker for the win. 

Winner of the match and still AWA TV Champ- Larry Zbyszko 

Fast paced, seesaw match that the fans get invested in. Venomous put their high octane offense in full gear while the Midnight's put their chemistry and cunning skills to work. Norvell thought his men were going to win when Condrey swept Cobra's legs as Rose hit a flying press, but Cobra kicked out. Later in the match, Kat almost pinned Rose with a reverse press off the turnbuckles. At the 20 minute mark, Venomous double dropkicked Condrey out of the ring. Cobra hit a snap suplex on Rose as Kat climbed to the top turnbuckles. Norvell jumped on the apron to distract the ref. Condrey got on the apron and whacked Kat with a steel chair! However, the Ref turned around and saw the blow and signaled for the DQ. Norvell slid another chair into the ring. Cobra went after Condrey, but Rose nailed Cobra from behind with a chair. The Midnight's then deliver double DDT's to both Cobra and Kat on the chairs! Massive heat for the Midnight's and Norvell. 

Winners of the match by DQ and still AWA National Tag Team Champs- Venomous 

AWA Mid- American Title Bout 

Austin Idol (C) vs. 'Marvelous' Mike George w/Greg Gagne 

Idol is full of confidence and ready to go. George on the other hand seems unfocused and out of it. Gagne tries his best to pep George up. The bell rings and Gagne and George are trying to call time out. Gagne starts jawing with Idol. Idol grabs Gagne by his hair and hurls him out of the ring. George charges Idol but Idol quickly cradles him 1..2..3! Huge POP! 

Winner of the match and still AWA Mid -American Champ- Austin Idol 

AWA World Tag Team Title Bout

The Bruise Brothers (C) vs. 'Dynamite' DJ Peterson and 'Mr. Magnificent' Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man 

The Bruise Brothers look pumped up and rock solid. On the other hand, Vinnie is trying to keep DJ and Kelly from tearing into each other. The bell rings and Kelly pushes DJ and says he's starting the match. DJ pushes Kelly into Atlas and Atlas pinballs Kelly around the ring. Atlas tags in Cameron and he does the same. Vinnie is having a breakdown. The Bruise Brothers take turns putting a beating on Kelly, until Kelly falls back and is able to tag DJ. DJ doesn't fare much better as the Bruise Brothers are in total sync. The Bruise Brothers swing DJ to the ropes and put him down with a double shoulder tackle 1..2..Kelly breaks it, then grabs DJ and hurls him outside the ring. Kelly goes out to him and starts yelling at him for almost losing the match. Vinnie runs over and tries to get things under control. The Bruise Brothers go out, grab Vinnie and push him out of the way. The Bruise Brothers hurl both Kelly and DJ back into the ring. DJ and Kelly get up and start pushing each other. DJ pushes Kelly and goes for a clothesline but Kelly ducks and DJ clotheslines Atlas over the top rope. Kelly charges DJ and puts him down with a forearm blast. Cameron nails Kelly with a clothesline. Cameron picks up Kelly but Kelly rakes his eyes. DJ staggers up, swings off the ropes and goes for a flying shoulder block on Kelly but Kelly moves as DJ nails Cameron 1..2..3!!! Unbelievable! The fans are in shock and so is Vinnie. The Ref hands the titles to DJ and Kelly. They're in total shock as well. The Bruise Brothers can't believe it as they just stand there with their hands on their hips. Nobody knows how to react. Vinnie finally runs in the ring and hugs Kelly, then hugs DJ as he points to the titles. How is this ever going to work? 

In a stunning upset, the winners of the match and NEW AWA World Tag Team Champs- DJ Peterson and Kevin Kelly

AWA World Title Bout 

Bad News Brown (C) vs. Carlos Colon 

Colon's reception is deafening! He's so excited, he does a cartwheel as he enters the ring. Brown walks to the ring, cool, calm and collective with the title on his shoulder. The introductions are made and this crowd is going bonkers. 

The opening minutes is all Colon as he back drops, slams, suplexes and dropkicks Brown all over the ring. Brown comes back with Judo moves, clubbing, clotheslines, hard slams and smashing fists. These guys go at each other hard. At the 30 minute mark, both men are busted up and bleeding. They get their second wind and start a furious exchange and fight through the ropes. They fight all around the ring and into the crowd. The Ref gives as much slack as he can but eventually has no choice but to count both men out. The bell's ringing but Colon and Brown keep fighting. They come back to ringside as Brown swings Colon into the steel post. The fans get into riot mode as Brown pushes the timekeeper down and grabs the ringside bell. Brown heads over to Colon and is going to hit him with the bell but Colon kicks him in the gut, grabs the bell and clocks Brown with it! Brown is down and out. The fans are going wild as Colon pumps his fists to them. 

Official decision- A Double C.O. Bad News Brown retains the AWA world title. 

Resnick: What a night this has been. New AWA world tag team champs and my goodness, what a fight between Brown and Colon. Wait a minute, here comes Gerry Morrow.

Morrow: Oh wow! Was dat exciting or what? After watching dat, I have no doubt in my mind of what I am going to do. At Champagne Slam de main event will be a rematch between Bad News Brown and Carlos Colon for de AWA world title! I can't wait! 

First TV.

Synergy get us off to a hot start & let Badd Company know they're coming from them.

Dream Machine continues his pitch to Johnny Rich. But it seems The Wild One isn't buying.

Kirchner gets some payback on Charland.

The Fortune Ones win one for the Gagne Gang.

United Kingdom take advantage of the craziness to get one over on The Gunslingers.

Perez isn't letting his losses to the champ get him down.

Putski ain't afraid to wrestle a Grizzly.

The Gange Gang leave Canek, Mando & Rich laying.

On to Title Night 2.

I'm sure the San Juan crowd was thrilled to see Chicky.

Rheingans gave it a good try but the TV title is staying in Larry Land.

The OG Midnights get DQ'd meaning we're definitely getting more with these two teams.

Idol retains in a blink and you'll miss it match.

Kelly & Peterson win the tag titles almost by accident! This is gonna be fun. 

Bad News: Brown & Colon go to a double C.O. Good news: Morrow wastes no time signing the rematch for Champagne Slam.

Another great week for the AWA.  The Dream Machine-Johnny Rich angle is really fun to read and it was all made possible by what you did with Tommy Rich.  Great job a building from one storyline to the other.  I am really getting into the United Kingdom team.  They are such a contrast in styles that it is cool seeing how they function together both inside and outside of the ring.  To my dismay, it seemed like Gagne, even in his absence had a plan for Crusher Blackwell to succeed.

I like how you have Chicky Starr getting the first match in PR--- Good Booking!

Title night was a great event and was well worth the price of admission.  Looking forward to these monthly events.

WOW  WOW WOW... After all the great teams that the Bruise Brothers have gone through they go down to DJ and KK! This is what makes wrestling great.  Learn to expect the unexpected.  Great booking again.  I wonder what will become of the Bruise Brothers... to the rebound or fold?  Looking forward to the next show.

AWA TV @ The Hammond Center 3-17-88

Footage from Puerto Rico's Title Night is shown. Highlights include a shocked DJ Peterson and Kevin Kelly looking at their newly won world tag titles. It ends with Carlos Colon knocking out Bad News Brown with the ringside bell. 

Nelson: Hello wrestling fans and welcome to another edition of AWA Major League Wrestling. Mike George has issued a challenge to Billy Jack Strong and that match happens tonight. Also, after what went down last week, the Guerreros will face current rivals the Fortunate Ones. AWA C.O.O. Gerry Morrow will have some major news regarding Champagne Slam. Right now, let's go to the ring. 

AWA Mid -American Champ Austin Idol vs. Clinton Stitch 

idol.jpg.29a92f1f4ea889626b09a958d8d997fd.jpg

Idol gives the fans a show and finishes things off with the Las Vegas Leglock. 

Nelson: Austin Idol, you really made quick work of Mike George at Title Night. Right now a lot of wrestlers are gunning for your Mid-American title. 

Boos as TV Champ Larry Zbyszko arrogantly walks out. 

1484051026_larryz.jpg.191b83bb9ed53893bacae554b010d3fc.jpg

Zbyszko: Look here Idol, I'm going to make this real simple for a simpleton like you. You have a title and I have a title. I have guts, but the question is do you? How would you like to take a trip to Larry Land at Champagne Slam? 

Nelson: Ok Larry, what are you driving at?

Zbyszko: You see, I knew this would be over your head Nelson, so do yourself a favor and keep your mouth shut. (Looks at Idol) What do you say we have a match at Champagne Slam, title versus title, winner take all. Come on spudhead, all it takes is guts. 

Idol: Oh Larry darling, all you had to do was ask. If you want to get in the ring with the universal heartthrob daddy, then I'll be more than happy to accommodate you. 

Commercial Break 

'Crippler' Ray Stevens vs. Clyde Putnam 

rstevens.jpg.49e2e7c909eb0b392ead177e33ff95aa.jpg

Stevens hits the piledriver and it's all over. 

WHAM! Stevens is nailed from behind by RIP OLIVER! Oliver pounds, punches and stomps away on Stevens. Oliver hoists Stevens up and piledrives him down! Oliver goes to ringside.

oliver.jpg.d2e9250547ed055503dda41da84cb1e2.jpg

Oliver: The real crippler is back in town! 

Commercial Break 

Cannonball Griz w/Norvell Austin vs. Ray Glader 

cannonball.jpg.2c6757c6944d38cd954a77f000697124.jpg

Griz messes his opponent up, then picks him up and powerslams him over for the win! 

Nelson: Norvell, Scott Putski has a score to settle with your man Griz. Not only that, but after what the Midnight Express did to Venomous at Title night, they have a score to settle as well. 

Norvell: Listen to you Nelson. Talking about scores to settle. Do you think Griz is intimidated one bit by that weakling Putski. NO! He's not! And as far as I'm concerned, the Midnight Express are the uncrowned National tag champs! 

Commercial Break

Nelson: Fans, with me now is Greg Gagne, the Fortunate Ones, Crusher Blackwell and Mike George. Well, I'm sure you have something to say. 

Gagne: Watch your tone Nelson, I mean it. Mike and I are furious over what happened at Title Night. The way we see it, is Billy Jack Ass Strong is responsible. So, in a moment, Mike George is going to wipe the mat with that punk. What I do find joy in, is last week's beating Gagne's Gang laid on El Canek, Mando Guererro and that wannabe hero Johnny Rich. You don't mess with Gagne's Gang! That's a message for Hector and Chavo, because they're going to suffer the same fate later tonight by the Fortunate Ones. We're done Nelson! 

Gagne's walks away as Blackwell bumps Nelson. 

Billy Jack Strong vs. 'Marvelous' Mike George w/Greg Gagne

billy.jpg.0c6386f5a8b4fc47568d78e9a72f1fdc.jpgmgeorge.jpg.5696db0f61fa72e2bbd4870746fab00e.jpg

The Ref makes sure Gagne's Gang is gone before signaling the bell. Gagne distracts Strong as George nails Strong from behind with a forearm blast. George works Strong over, swings him to the ropes and puts him down with a high knee 1..2..Kick Out. George vertical suplexes Strong, hops on the middle ropes and comes down with a double forearm drop 1..2..Kick Out. George swings Strong to the ropes and goes for a back drop but Strong kicks him. George stumbles up as Strong clotheslines him down 1..2..Kick Out. Strong picks George up and slams him down, then follows with a standing leg drop 1..2..Kick Out. Strong hoists George up on the turnbuckles. Strong hops up and goes for a superplex. While he's in motion, Gagne reaches in and trips Strong. George falls on top as Gagne holds Strong's boot 1..2..3! BOOOOOO! 

Commercial Break 

Brenda Britton is standing in front of a banner with a champagne bottle.

Britton: Hi everybody as you know Champagne Slam comes to you on April 15th from Market Square Arena. You already heard Gerry's blockbuster announcement that the main event will be Bad News Brown defending the AWA world title against Carlos Colon. After what we witnessed in Puerto Rico, their rematch will be off the charts! Here to announce more matches, our C.O.O. and all around great guy, Gerry Morrow. 

Morrow walks out in his white suit, sunglasses and white fedora hat.

Morrow: As always Brenda, you are a delight. I'm a firm believer in settling issues and I hope to do so at Champagne Slam. Along with that epic main event, I have put together de following matches. 

Nikita Koloff vs. Chris Adams

Nick Busick returns to face Kokina

Ray Stevens vs. Rip Oliver in de battle of da Cripplers

Cannonball Griz versus Scott Putski 

And because I like stakes, it will be Austin Idol vs. Larry Zbyszko in a title vs. title match

And don't forget, de Ultimate Warrior will make his most anticipated AWA in ring debut. I will very carefully handpick a most qualified opponent.

More matches to be announced.

Morrow: Oh that's not all Brenda. As you know de AWA does business with other promotions. Our friends in de NWA are holding de annual Crockett Cup Tournament. Of course last year's winners were Jumbo Tsuruta and Tatsumi Fujinami, our AWA representatives. They did us proud and will once again be representing de AWA at dis year's event. Recently they had 2 classic matches against each other and both men scored a victory. They have nothing but respect for each other and are ready to team up again. I do have a bonus. In a couple weeks, right here in de Hammond Center, I am going to put on a Toast to our Tag Teams Tournament. De winners of de tournament will have a spot in de Crockett Cup, along with a 2 week vacation to any destination in de world. 

Britton: Wow Gerry, you really know how to make big announcements. You're the coolest c.o.o. in the world! Until next time, tooooodles. 

Commercial Break 

Kokina vs. Arnie Goldstein 

kokina.jpg.f9f06b888f30e4c1a37fbeaab73456ba.jpg

The fans are surprised when Professor Bill Ash doesn't come out with Kokina. However, they go into a stunned silence when Abbuda Iaukea comes out with Kokina! Abbuda backs up and motions for Kokina to enter the ring. 

Kokina storms the ring and destroys Goldstein and puts him out of his misery with the Samoan Drop! 

Nelson: I don't believe this! Abbuda Iaukea! 

Abbuda: Believe it! I have purchased the contract of the monster Kokina. The Professor is a very smart man and knew what Kokina is capable of. I will now take Kokina all the way and it starts with you Nick Busick! I will give you a way out. Save yourself and don't come back. That advice could save your life! 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, please welcome back Nikita Koloff! 

nikita.jpg.55941a8912bb6329a5654e2ff9df290f.jpg

Huge pop as Nikita comes out wearing a face guard. 

Nelson: Nikita, it's obvious you're still reeling from that superkick into a chair from Chris Adams. 

Nikita: This is nothing! (Nikita rips the guard off his face!) I don't need this anymore! Chris Adams! You made a terrible mistake and at Champagne Slam I will take your head off with the Russian Sickle! 

Nikita does his trap pose with his tongue hanging out. 

Commercial Break 

AWA World Tag Team Champs 'Dynamite' DJ Peterson and 'Mr. Magnificent' Kevin Kelly w/The Vin Man

vs

Calvin Jones and Harold Bannister 

dj.jpg.d21b85baa6a0067301952f842af11acd.jpgkelly.jpg.2989948565b26937ea89b8960bba2ce7.jpgvin.jpg.b8e1273e6aadc39b3657fe9bf23f5f70.jpg

Vinnie is on cloud nine as he holds up the world titles with overwhelming pride. You can tell DJ and Kelly are still very reluctant to work together. However, they seem to put aside their animosity and get through the match. DJ hits a flying shoulder tackle from the top rope but Kelly had tagged himself in while DJ was on the turnbuckles. As DJ was making the cover, the Ref told him he wasn't the legal man. Kelly rushed in and hit the full nelson slam on the already fallen opponent 1..2..3! 

Nelson: I can't believe it but with me now are the new AWA world tag team champs. Vinnie, I know you're verry happy. 

Vinnie: I'm beyond happy Larbo! I'm elated beyond belief! DJ, Kevin, I know you guys have hated each other's guts. DJ, you and I also have had many moments. BUT! Look at these (holds up the titles) How long have you guys worked in the AWA? How often have you been overlooked? How many titles have either of you won? You guys did it! After all this time, your both champions! We did it! Kev, this is what we've always dreamed of. You two channel your anger you have with each other and take it out on your opponents. Together and united, we can make something special here. What do you guys say? 

Kelly: Vin Man, you're right. DJ, this is our time to shine. I'm willing to put our past behind us and start fresh. 

Kelly extends his hand. 

DJ: (ponders) You know something? I guess I can't argue with that. A wrestler's goal is to be a champion and we both finally achieved that. Ok, I'm in. 

DJ shakes Kelly's hand as Vinnie jumps in and hugs both of them. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Ok, with me now is the Dream Machine. 

Dream: Right now, I want to invite Johnny Rich out here. Come on Johnny Boy, get out here babay! 

The fans cheer as Rich comes out, still looking a little busted up from last week's beating by Gagne's Gang. 

Dream: You don't look so good Johnny Boy, which brings me to my point. You need friends because you've seen and felt what happens when you don't. Come with me and let's rock this place like your cousin Tommy did.

Rich: Dream, you watched me get jumped by Cannonball Griz and the Midnight Express. Then you watched as Blackwell and the Fortunate Ones did a number on me. The numbers game is a huge factor here and perhaps you have a good point. But you know what? I don't need a friend like you! 

The fans go wild as Rich clotheslines Dream down! Rich picks up Dream and slams him down on the concrete! Rich picks up Dream and slams him into the steel post! Rich snatches the mic. 

Rich: You're right Dream, time to rock this place! 

Rich drops the mic on Dream's chest. 

Commercial Break 

The Guerreros (Hector and Chavo) vs. The Fortunate Ones w/Greg Gagne

The Fortunate Ones and Gagne are in the ring heckling the Guerreros as they come up the aisle. 

WHAM! From behind the Guerreros are attacked by Crusher Blackwell and Mike George! The Fortunate Ones and Gagne run out and join in. Wait a minute! El Canek, Billy Jack Strong and Johnny Rich storm out and it's an all out brawl! Fists and bodies are flying everywhere into the commercial break. 

Commercial Break 

Nelson: Fans, what a chaotic scene that was! My goodness! Just a reminder, this weekend in Rochester, Corporal Kirchner and Richard Charland will fight in a bootcamp match, also on the card, Al Perez battles Chicky Starr plus much more exciting action. Wait a minute, I've just been told that at Champagne Slam, two matches have just been added. DJ Peterson and Kevin Kelly will defend the tag titles against The Bruise Brothers. Also, there will be a 10 man tag match as Crusher Blackwell, Mike George, the Fortunate Ones and Dream Machine will take on El Canek, the Guerreros, Billy Jack Strong and Johnny Rich with a special stipulation to be added by Gerry Morrow. This keeps getting better, we'll see you next week.