NXT TakeOver 36 Triple H's last stand

KawadaSmile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Coffey said:

That being said, Joe ain't got it anymore either, sadly. I wanted him to but he just doesn't.

14 minutes ago, Childs said:

He still knows what to do, but the body has no snap left.

Joe hasn't wrestled in, what, two years? Of course he looked a bit rusty and shaky. He was still good enough to "karrion" Kross to a decent match. He'll be fine.

Just watched Ilja/WALTER again, and god damn. Ilja is the greatest babyface and WALTER is WALTER, so there was very little chance it could not be awesome, but even considering that holy shit this match.

Like if you just told me the finish with no context I would have said there was no fucking chance I would be able to buy WALTER of all people tapping out, but it just goes to show how being a great babyface is so important in wrestling.

9 hours ago, Coffey said:

Kross is the drizzling shits.

That being said, Joe ain't got it anymore either, sadly. I wanted him to but he just doesn't.

Karrion Kross is Mike Bennett with an emo gimmick.

That's really unfair. Mike Bennett was at least decent as part of the Kingdom and there was some good stuff with the Briscoes. 

Ilja/Walter was amazing, again. KOR/Cole was not amazing, again. I don't know how the agent system works in WWE, but you compare those two matches and one feels like the wrestlers completely doing their own thing from start to finish, with every detail coming from their awareness of their characters and the story and their abilities. The other feels like HHH and HBK  playing with toys or a video game of a match they wish  they could still do with minimal input from the wrestlers where everything is laid out beat for beat, facial expression for facial expression, from start to finish. 

Whether that's the case or not, I don't know. But that's certainly what it feels like when you see those two matches back to back.

WALTER vs. Ilja Dragunov I loved it, but I do think the crowd hurt the end a bit, as they did not buy Walter was in trouble. Hurt the heat at the end, I think people were just waiting for Walter to kill llja and that stopped the crowd thinking Walter was going to tap at any stage of the match.