MoS

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Well now I know why Cody had shit on his back. That made no sense. Andrade didn't go through the flaming table but he took the brunt of it? Boo.

I legit thought it was a reversal, and I was so confused when it was Cody who went for the pin

But if you need to protect your back for the spot - why not wear a t-shirt? It's a street fight! Perfect excuse to dress like your Dad and wear knee pads over jeans!

Has anyone swung from being where Cody was in 201-2019 to losing the plot so completely less than 2 years later?

14 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Speaking of Billy Gunn, why is he allowed to use the name? He didn't use it in TNA, right? Does WWE just not care anymore?

According to the USPTO trademark database, WWE abandoned the Billy Gunn trademark in 2006 and he claimed it for himself in 2016. There was some legal wrangling between the two last year, which is why he was billed as just "Billy" for a while. It was obviously eventually resolved in his favor.

Cody is so lame, but I enjoyed most of the show.  This run by Bryan has been spectacular and it’s only going to get better the next couple of weeks with the Meat Man and Hanger matches.  I love all weird Sting content and his face paint for this one was great.

3 up

- Danielson continues his week to week dominance in terms of wrestling and promos.  Gave enough to Angels while still making clear about the hierarchy

- Sting/Darby vs. Gunn Club was a match worth making, if just because both teams are undefeated and that's a solid 9 pm Dynamite storyline to run.  Add in Georgia for Sting and the match being fun and it's a win.

- The back half of Statlander vs. Soho.  Took them a few minutes to get the crowd but then they did and had a pretty good match.

3 down

- MJF on commentary and subsequent promo

- The layout of Punk and Wardlow face to face one and a half segments prior to Wardlow wrestling.  Just needed better spacing.

- Soho winning.  She is slow in the ring.  Like no natural speed at all.  If she faces Nyla, that could be a real mess.

Still enjoyed the show greatly.  Most weeks I don't have more than one thing for a three down list, so that speaks to the consistent quality of Dynamite.

I'm glad I did not spoil myself. What the fuck was Cody thinking ? :lol: He clearly took most if not all the fire table bump (although some flames did end up on Andrade's chest). Funny, when I saw this odd stuff on his back, first thing I thought about was "Hum.... fire incoming ?" then I totally forgot about it, especially since the feed went out on the version I watched. And then when Brandi showed up going straight Dudleys Boys circa 98, I was "Yep". Say want you want about Brandi, but the grin at the end just a few seconds after Cody bumped into fire makes me think she must be a fun girl to be around. And that's all I'll say... Hey, Cody going Terry Funk is something I can never not love, especially when the wife is basically setting him on fire. Somewhere Beulah McGillicutty had to be all "You go girl !".

Darby & Sting vs the Gunn Club had *no right* to be as good as it was. Colton's Shawn Micheals circa 92/93 tights make me feel all nostalgic and such. Sting has had more good matches since he joined AEW than he had in his entire TNA tenure. Guy is 62. Darby is just one of the most compelling guy to watch in the world.

Thought Soho vs Statlander was quite good, that's three really good women's matches in a row. I agree about Soho lacking explosivity though. She has a great look and is cool and all, but in-ring I'm not sold. Statlander is improving though and she always does one or two really impressive spots a match.

Orange vs Cole is gonna be my next favorite feud that'll piss people off I guess.

The most hilarious moment of the show though was the blopper of Arn basically falling on his ass on the side of the ramp and Jose visibly helping him getting up in the background of Andrade & Cody fighting. I don't know why they think Andrade needs a no-name valet, to me he's adding nothing.

I'm catching up on this show and I'm watching an Atlanta crowd chant "Tony" for Schiavone and that's enough to get me emotional, and here's Danielson doing his epic 2006 ROH act except with 15 years of seasoning, and I'm just still amazed this exists. Bryan right now is in 91 Jumbo territory which if you know me is the highest possible tier and not one I knew would be entered again.