Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 01/31 - 02/06 Roman gunning for that 600 day reign

KawadaSmile

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Flyin' Brian said:

Watching Raw on my phone, I think the smaller screen helps with all the cuts. Mysterio and Styles was a good match, probably one of the best I’ve seen on Raw in a while. 

Yes, it was so effortlessly good

11 hours ago, Reel said:

I thought KO/Theory and Rey/AJ were both pretty good TV matches. Chad Gable continues to be the best TV character in all of wrestling, and the closing segment, with Ronda's clunkiness and all, was fun. A very good Raw.

I agree. Very refreshing to see they managed to fill in three hours with decent television. Barely felt like it, which is a huge achievement for a show like Raw.

It's especially funny because his rep always that of all the McMahons, he was the one who would get along with the wrestlers the best, yet by all accounts, this time he was basically written out of all possible future storylines cuz the wrestlers got really pissed at his shit and complained about him a lot. Hopefully now everyone sees he is the worst McMahon by some distance 

I would be pissed off too if I had legit top tier MMA/amateur wrestling/martial arts experience and had to show ass to the son of the owner who has a curious case of shitty offence that consists almost entirely of potatoes.

Shane got one over even ROMAN, with zero comeuppance. Fuck that guy. No miracle match with AJ can fix that dude.

13 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

No miracle match with AJ can fix that dude.

Plus, it was no miracle or proof that Shane-O was any good. AJ Styles is simply that great at pro-wrestling. I'm almost at the end of his TNA stint, and I'm pretty much convinced he's a top 10 pro-wrestler ever, at worst.

59 minutes ago, El-P said:

Plus, it was no miracle or proof that Shane-O was any good. AJ Styles is simply that great at pro-wrestling. I'm almost at the end of his TNA stint, and I'm pretty much convinced he's a top 10 pro-wrestler ever, at worst.

I mean, it's one thing to have a great match with Angle but use plunder, but having an actual great match without smoke and mirrors, to me, is a miracle. Shane is very limited, specially due to his ego, so it is a bit of a miracle to me. AJ rocks.

Sarray's magical girl gimmick fucking RULES. 

It seems so odd that Shane would try as 52 year who looks in his 50s to do this.  At least you figure if he was going to attempt this he would try to get on the gas and color his hair.  That said I wonder if this is a bigger sign that Vince is trying to sell the company and Shane figures well if you're going to do that I might as well get a world title reign on the way out (maybe because Vince and Steph both got one).  I don't understand this.

Whether its a true release or he's just simply been erased from the Mania plans, I'm the same level of shock. We can rag on Shane all day and all night, but I always figured he was somewhat untouchable in terms of having the open door to come in and do a one-off at a big show, especially considering just how thin the roster is. 

I also think its funny that Shane is taking the heat for this "all time terrible Rumble" when, to be fair, the issues that caused this Rumble to underwhelm have been criticisms that were widely shared weeks, if not months, before Saturday. There were obviously issues at the Rumble, but again, many were sadly predicted by the cynics here and elsewhere well before the show. 

For example, Big E not being treating like a real main eventer ever again? Yeah. Seems that will be the case moving forward no matter how much we hoped Day 1 wouldn't be it for him. Bobby Lashley being used as a pawn in the Lesnar/Roman feud and thus coming out of the Lesnar match weaker than he went in? Again, the cynics called it and were right.

Even in years past when people would put over Shane it was cause of shit like his match with Kurt Angle where he was taking dumbass bumps through glass. Or being he would do a shitty Van Terminator with a garbage can. Dude has always been the drizzling shits. I'll never forget the awful television that was the Mean Street Posse & them jabrones trying to convince us that Shane McMahon was tough.

What are the biggest pops/heat for WWE of the last five-six years? Shane returning on Raw has to be up there, and it was up there as much for him and who he was as for the fact it was just an absolute surprise that no one expected. Not one of those debuts where a bunch of the crowd have signs for the person because they at least expect the possibility of it.