Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 02/28 - 03/07

SteveJRogers

Can someone please give Montez and Angelo the smoke? It's been on their wish-list for ages. I'd give it to them but I don't know what the smoke is.

Reggie's a good gymnast but I doubt i could stomach him in a proper match.

The women are largely terrible. 

Dominik is largely terrible.

I hate it when celebrities are just there for a laugh. Logan Paul is just there for a laugh. Hopefully he beats the piss out of Dominik during the fip section of their 'Mania match.

Introducing, the biggest stars on the show :

Edge : 48 years old.

Steve Austin : 57 years old.

Vince McMahon : 76 years old.

Not one but TWO "celebrity" matches, including one who had a brain hemorrhage. 

Main event : two guys who have been in God Mode for ever now and who have killed the entire roster. So whoever wins makes pretty much the entire incoming year worthless since the only goal is a match next year (which may not happen) against The Rock : 50 years old.

But hey, they sure gonna get Dashing Cody Rhodes feuding with the Miz, that's some game changing shit incoming. That company can really be happy the unrealistic über-capitalistic context works in their favor...

My interest in that Mania is at best one of morbid curiosity.

...because only this company sees her get babyface cheers against Charlotte last year despite being "evil," sees her get babyface cheers in Saudi Arabia despite being "evil," sees her get babyface reactions every time she appears on-screen on RAW since returning, has sold a ton of merchandise with her likeness (so much so that I'm thinking Bliss' success made Wyatt more expendable), and still inexplicably believes their programming is better served by keeping her off TV until the fans learn to boo her. 

I - and none of us - can deny her success. Just cuz I hated her modern character, I cannot pretend she was not over with the live crowds and receiving a cut of a lot of merchandise being sold - which in her case was apparently a lot. This will really depend on the details of her WWE contract as far as job satisfaction. 

3 hours ago, NintendoLogic said:

Is that about why she wasn't on Raw? If I had to guess, I'd say it was because it was in Columbus and they didn't want her to get a hometown pop.

In fact, since Elimination Chamber, she's the only woman on the active WWE roster that hasn't appeared on-screen in any way, shape or form (match or backstage segment or cameo).

If I didn't know any better, I would think that Vince is upset at Alexa out-popping Bianca in Saudi during Elimination Chamber (Bianca did get booed when she pinned Alexa) and is basically "cooling her down" until he gets what he wants.

Fightful reporting Orton got the wind knocked out of him on the frog splash from Montez, and that RKBro was supposed to win but everyone called an audible when Randy couldn't continue. 

Thankfully they also mentioned there was no heat on Montez and everyone just saw it as a "shit happens" moment.

Watching NXT now, lol'ed at Ciampa in Steiners gear.  Also LA Knight has always been a guilty pleasure. Like I don't need to see him in a main event role, but he's being used well in this role to help the young pups. 

I do want to know however if they have some kind of secret lab full of giant Indian dudes.

1 hour ago, SirEdger said:

For all the crap Nia Jax got over time with her recklessness in the ring, Lash Legend is probably gonna shatter that record.

She didn't seem to do anything wrong, there was no obvious botches or stiff shots, I think this was just one of those things that happens. 

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Watching NXT now, lol'ed at Ciampa in Steiners gear.  Also LA Knight has always been a guilty pleasure. Like I don't need to see him in a main event role, but he's being used well in this role to help the young pups. 

I do want to know however if they have some kind of secret lab full of giant Indian dudes.

LA Knight got the CWC sounding like a '99 RAW, bubba. Shit is insane.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

Love how WWE decides it's a good gimmick for a young babyface (?) team to portray them as losers who can't get women. 

Hey it's a nice subversion of the bar brawling shit kicker character imo

I know there's the whole "respectfully" gimmick kind of going on around PWO but I'm genuinely curious about the "mandate" that supposedly was made for NXT 2.0 as it pertains to the women. 

Nikkita Lyons is going to be a star. And we would be daft if we didn't acknowledge it's because of how she looks & that she oozes sex appeal. Modern sex appeal, too. Not like Vince McMahon 1980's Playboy sex appeal. Also, if you watch NXT, you obviously notice the difference in ring gear, with girls like Gigi Dolin. 

So my question is, what happens if any of these women get called up if they don't have the same kind of mandate on the main rosters? Because I see it as just more setting people up for failure if they get over in NXT one way and then have to worry about it being stripped from them on the main roster, just like when they took Scarlett away from Killer Cross.

12 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I know there's the whole "respectfully" gimmick kind of going on around PWO but I'm genuinely curious about the "mandate" that supposedly was made for NXT 2.0 as it pertains to the women. 

Under 25. Sexy looking. Being good at pro-wrestling not mandatory.

12 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Nikkita Lyons is going to be a star.

I've heard that one before. And in 99% of cases in the last 10 years, it never actually happened because WWE wastes everything they touch. Maybe now that it's NXT 2.0 it's gonna work out well though (Why don't we have a kappa emote on this board ?).