Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV - April 6/8 2022

MoS

12 minutes ago, MoS said:

to be fair, that is a very pretty bee. Sorry about the boring part - I will say that whether it is the attitude era or the Cena era or the....Elite? Internet? era? a face clearing house and beating up everyone who is getting in their way of the hated heel in sight for whatever reason, is always badass babyface shtick.

Thank you. Maybe I overreacted to the Wardlow segment. I haven't been feeling this show tonight, and I think that's all me and nothing to do with the show itself.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Thank you. Maybe I overreacted to the Wardlow segment. I haven't been feeling this show tonight, and I think that's all me and nothing to do with the show itself.

Hopefully this main event wins you over. FTR are top guys

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Tuned in for the main event. Young Bucks are balding.

I know that's been a long standing joke, but either they have the slowest moving male pattern baldness ever or they might be just dudes with big ass foreheads. I haven't noticed any changes in their hairline but everyone makes the same Balding Bucks jokes. 

3 minutes ago, sek69 said:

I know that's been a long standing joke, but either they have the slowest moving male pattern baldness ever or they might be just dudes with big ass foreheads. I haven't noticed any changes in their hairline but everyone makes the same Balding Bucks jokes. 

They are balding in their crowns, even if their hairline hasn't receded yet.

This is a good match, bubbas. FTR Bald really is a better worker than FTR Mullet, tho.

Those were two phenomenal hours of professional wrestling.

Cole vs. Christian blew away any reasonable expectations and would be the best TV match in most calendar months.

Joe looked like a goddamn force of nature and feels like a natural in the promotion.  Caster is still basically useless to me but he took a good pounding tonight.

Then FTR & the Bucks blew away Cole & Christian while all of a sudden making FTR look like the best babyface team in the world.

What a freaking night!

3 hours ago, strobogo said:

I don't think Wardlow was ever a despicable heel, certainly not in a good year if he ever was, and certainly not a as recently as a month ago. Face banned from the building coming in to wreck house is a hot angle pretty much always in every area in every decade. 

And " Bodyguard of asshole turning face while crowd chants his name and then he starts destroying motherfuckers" is Old School wrestling booking 101. 

4 hours ago, Lukeless said:

I'm so done with Sammy Guevara.  He had an entire week and the best he could come up with was "American walk team."  The sign gimmick itself is no longer cool in any way too.  

Apparently, the live crowd booed the fuck out of him during that segment. It didn't come across on TV, but there are multiple reports from people attending live that said he was roundly booed.