Pro Wrestling Only

WWE Cell in a Hell 2022

KawadaSmile

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking all day about how this show needed a big story. Was hoping it would be Sasha and Naomi returning, or at least Cesaro. I'd even take Bray. Something. 

So, I guess we got one?

I know its apples and oranges, but somebody in Vince's camp has to get into his ear about how there was zero buzz for Backlash and there was zero buzz for this show and, a week ago, wrestling fans across the country were very much excited and amped for multiple matches and storylines going into an AEW pay-per-view. This show's most anticipated match is either a rematch from the past 2 pay-per-views (Rollins/Rhodes) or the Women's Triple Threat match - mostly because Asuka has been out for so long and she's so damn good that her inclusion feels like the freshest breath of air in a long time (including Rousey's return). The rest of the card looks like it will be just fine, but "just fine" is why RAW hit another record low rating this week. 

Man, could you imagine if WWE actually returned to a real pay-per-view model? I'd love to see the number of actual live viewers for some of their premium events. I think it'd be a very interesting stat to compare to AEW's pay-per-view #s. (Yes, I know, this is a B-level show and AEW doesn't run monthly PPVs so the comparison wouldn't be fair, but, hey, its not like WWE doesn't have the talent, airtime, production resources, or media presence to make their monthly PPVs feel special - they did it for years and years in the late 90s and early 00s and even semi-recently had some good stretches.)

I was wondering if Cody would go all blood & guts, which would have been hilarious for obvious reasons, or if he would have taken a stupid bump (after all the ridiculous things he did the last 6 months of his AEW stint, including getting himself on fire), but with such an injury, if he's able to work the match at all it will be an accomplishement.

I'm watching this because honestly, I never miss a WWE "premium live event" or whatever they're calling the PPVs now.

I heard about the Cody injury earlier today and that's the match I was looking forward too the most. However, the women's three-way should be pretty good. The six-person mixed tag should hopefully be fun but the Edge/AJ matches have not been exactly what I was hoping for. I think a sleeper on the show will be (Austin) Theory vs. Mustafa Ali. If they get time, that should be really fun!

For those who are interested, full card is:
* Hell in a Cell: Cody Rhodes vs. Seth Rollins
* Judgement Day (Edge, Damian Priest & Rhea Ripley) vs. AJ Styles, Finn Balor & Liv Morgan
* Handicap Match: Lashley vs. MVP & Omos
* Raw Women's Title: Bianca Belair vs. Becky Lynch vs. Asuka
* Kevin Owens vs. Ezekiel
* US Title: Theory vs. Mustafa Ali
* Happy Corbin vs. Madcap Moss (I think this is a No Holds Barred match?)

Are we sure this Cody injury isn't a storyline so he can save face when Seth wins?

This era of WWE is very cautious about having injured wrestlers work matches.

At least we'll get the DDP taped ribs gimmick tonight, probably.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Are we sure this Cody injury isn't a storyline so he can save face when Seth wins?

Is everything a work nowadays? I swear in the past 2 months any news story that ends up being legit is followed  by another story that someone gotta ask if it's a work :lol:

1 minute ago, Jmare007 said:

Is everything a work nowadays? I swear in the past 2 months any news story that ends up being legit is followed  by another story that someone gotta ask if it's a work :lol:

An obnoxious trend, I grant you, but I'm only wondering because WWE usually never lets someone who is injured wrestle anymore. The company has become super cautious about that over the past decade or so.