Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/29 - 09/03 Roman's Reign is in jeopardy

KawadaSmile

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First PPV in a stadium in Great Britain in 30 years, a Scottish guy in Cardiff, Wales, challenging for the title in front of legit 70.000 people.

Yeah Roman's winning.

(they should give Drew the win of course, can you picture the pop that would get ? First real Trip era PPV, in a huge setting, in the UK, way to make a statement and a legendary moment)

I’m not going to lie, I am feeling very conflicted. Both @KawadaSmile and @Timbo Slice started weekly WWE threads and I don’t know which one to post in. KS has put in the most time posting about WWE here at PWO, so he has the slight edge, but TS is a savvy veteran and I don’t want to hurt his feelings by favouring Good Bubba KS.

3 minutes ago, TheDuke said:

Is Wade Barrett too broken down to be cleared to wrestle again? You would think they would want somebody from Wales to wrestle in Wales. Or is it probably going to be mostly English and Scottish fans there?

I also would have figured that they would wait until after the show in the UK to fire most of their talent that worked there and lived there, and have some of them on the show too…but I guess not?

If you'd have asked me a month or two ago if Reigns had any chance of losing, I'd have said zero, but...

It does seem like Triple H has taken some legit steps towards establishing a new post-Vince era and having McIntyre win in front of his "hometown" would certainly be a huge moment and continue "the buzz" that WWE is enjoying right now. 

And you can always put the title back on Reigns on SmackDown or at whatever the next Premium Live Event is. If I'm not mistaken, they did some ultimately irrelevant "hot potato" things with the NXT Championship a couple times over the years, right? 

So, while I'm still 80% believing that Reigns leaves the show with the title, I'm not as confident as I would be if Vince were still running things. 

Having Drew win would be a great moment, but so was Lex Luger beating Hogan before he dropped the title right back and made it all pointless. I wouldn't expect current era WWE to make WCW level mistakes but it still wouldn't be a good look.