Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 08/29 - 09/03 Roman's Reign is in jeopardy

KawadaSmile

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, NintendoLogic said:

As for Drew, let him have his Lex Luger moment and win the title in Cardiff before dropping it back in a week or two. Roman has been rolling over everyone for long enough. It's time for a babyface hope spot.

So Drew wins by count out but Romain keeps the belt and balloons fall from the ceiling? I guess Roman would be taking after his late cousin Yoko. Maybe next year they could wheel Lex out for the 30th anniversary of his big win.

They definitely booked themselves into a corner. By the way this show has been  built, Drew should win 100%, but the way WWE in general is being booked clearly the long term plans are still with Roman as champ. There's pretty much no way Drew doesn't come off as a goober if he doesn't win or has a short reign, 

15 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

Is this the first time WWE seems to have a stronger card on paper than AEW?

Probably, although I think there's been times it was close. 

It's just cool having two major promotions with excitement and hot crowds again. This is how it always used to be until the Monopoly Era, but it feels like a breath of fresh air. 

Hey, Butch is Pete Dunne again! 
SD was fun. Sami and the slow burn of his angle with the Bloodline where I predict Sami and Owens will take the tag belts off the Usos continues to rule. 
Here's the thing, I know a lot of people are predicting Drew wins tomorrow, or there'll be a fuck finish involving Kross and Roman retains. And I'll be fine with the fuck finish. I like Drew just fine. But he falls into the category of " Guys who I know are great, but I don't care about them." Now, my nephew and his pals love him especially when he's waving around a sword, I know it's a " me" thing. 
I think the path needs to stay on the road to Cody Rhodes dethroning Reigns at Mania. If there's a Luger blip then so be it, but Rhodes returning at the Rumble, winning, and the beating Reigns at Mania ? That just seems like the logical booking.

If Clash at the Castle didn’t….clash with the Newcastle game, I’d be watching my first live WWE PPV for who knows who long? The rumble where Edge returned maybe? Either way, the buzz coming back to WWE is good stuff and I’m intrigued to see them put on a strong stadium show with a really hot crowd.