AEW TV - 9/7-9/9 - Who Throws A Chair, Honestly

Timbo Slice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The last reporting I've seen is that basically everybody involved in the Punk blowup will be suspended at the very least, with Punk and Ace Steel potentially being fired outright. So, my guess is that the show will open with CM Punk's theme music, but MJF will come out instead to jumpstart the next interim AEW World Title program with Jericho or (ideally) Moxley.

The Punk/Steel leaving part is conflating and assuming, so I wouldn’t put too much into that with Punk.

What I have not seen reported yet but is absolutely part of the calculus: Warner reps perhaps being insistent on Punk sticking around to get AEW the best TV deal. You wonder if Tony has been holding off on doing anything big so close to signing it. There’s a lot to Warner thinking the investment is better with Punk than without. 

Don't watch that series but hats off.

MJF is lame to me, but he has this golden opportunity to become, at worst, the #2 guy in the promotion, behind Mox. He has to choose well his words, because he threatened to leave for the competition while the one poking holes at management was his idol-turned-rival. He was more over than Punk in Chicago, to twist that into a generic "lol boss begged me to come back" heel act would feel like a missed opportunity. 

Also, give Ricky Starks more things to do, please.

As Meltzer reported, the rumour going around now is that Punk was seriously injured during the match with Moxley, not the fight…and that the injury is serious enough that he would have had to vacate the title again regardless. They’re saying torn pec muscle, maybe?

Easiest fix for that is just have Moxley as the former champ fight MJF who is now the #1 contender. Do it at that big show in New York, and there you go. New champ, move on.

Supposedly TK will be addressing the fight and the suspensions on the show tonight and I am morbidly curious about how that is going to go.

Yeah, I really hope this is a golden opportunity to pivot towards the guys they have that are catching a bit of fire. Starks really has no complaints considering Hobbs beat him clean but I’ll put that aside if it means them heating up that feud for a rematch.

Also, with the way these titles have ping-ponged around, get the strap on MJF and have him and Stoke run the show against a succession of baby faces and get back to some consistency.

11 minutes ago, Stiva said:

Yeah, I really hope this is a golden opportunity to pivot towards the guys they have that are catching a bit of fire. Starks really has no complaints considering Hobbs beat him clean but I’ll put that aside if it means them heating up that feud for a rematch.

Also, with the way these titles have ping-ponged around, get the strap on MJF and have him and Stoke run the show against a succession of baby faces and get back to some consistency.

Are we sure Starks is there to stay, though?  He could easily head to the Fed.

Also the report of Jericho being one of the leaders of the AEW team meeting today makes me wonder if he didn't have some kind of (perhaps literal) "come to Jesus" moment with his health scare? He's physically improved greatly and seems to have really leapt into the "veteran leader" role.