Timbo Slice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

I wouldn’t be against Darby, I just don’t know if he’s ready for it. Him vs MJF has a back story, but I’d really like to see Danielson vs MJF, both for the promos and the matches. 

I think Danielson is also the best way to get the desired reaction for MJF.  Takes zero effort to get the crowd behind him.

7 minutes ago, southofheavy said:

And yes, that means beating Danielson and Mox in succession, but I think the fanbase will buy it and it's putting the belt on one of two pillars that's actually capable of carrying it. 

I'm cool with that idea as long as Darby gets legit momentum during the tourney and get the type of reaction The Acclaimed got on All Out. Specially because it would set up a "pilars" title match against MJF.

3 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

If they continue on with MJF and Stokley’s group, I wouldn’t mind them sending Morrissey after Wardlow. They haven’t really addressed that so I don’t know if it was a one time thing, maybe MJF hiring them, or if that’s MJF’s new stable. 

I think having MJF with Stoke has to be the plan.

One small thing I have liked about these tournaments is having "Dynamite" and "Rampage" brackets. Just to try to make the shows seem on equal footing (even though the Rampage bracket is usually the weaker one) and giving things room by putting half the tourney on Rampage.

Mox's promo, much like his interim title run and everything else he's done, was an amazing effort to put the title and company over as much as humanly possible by sheer force of will. To the point where it feels like he HAS to win the belt back. Hopefully doing the bit with MJF here was planting that seed.

Page coming out here to wrestle a match, after all this, is just so fucking ridiculous. I've been able to pretend that the show must go on since everyone involved is gone for a while, but having Page out here is surreal.

1 hour ago, C.S. said:

No reason given for vacancies is a lol.

Yes, "everyone knows" - but do they really?

IDK, this isn’t pre-2010 any more, where being a smark, knowing all the insider gossip was almost by choice.

Back then it was easy to criticize worked shoot booking because only few watching or in the stands knew, or cared about such things.

Now, you can barely avoid it with all sorts of apps on your phone where you can get breaking news.

Just now, SteveJRogers said:

Now, you can barely avoid it with all sorts of apps on your phone where you can get breaking news.

Maybe I'm not using the right apps or widgets, but I didn't see any wrestling news pop up.

Of course, every wrestling site has a million articles, but that requires going to them - which only a fraction of the audience is going to do. 

Just now, Blehschmidt said:

Even though he pretty much started this whole thing months ago, he apparently gets off because he'd left the building before the brawl started. 

I suppose doing this job will be his punishment.

Punishment feels very much like an overstatement, to be honest. He is having a competitive match just like any other.