AEW TV - 9/7-9/9 - Who Throws A Chair, Honestly

Timbo Slice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Speaking of J.R., where the hell was he tonight?

With Pat McAfee stepping back from Smackdown duties, it wouldn't surprise me to see J.R. ask for his release from the shitshow AEW has turned into and jump into a ready-made position in WWE.

If that's the case, hopefully Tony has the good sense to call up Mauro and back up the Brinks truck to bring him in. Best commentator in the business today, easily.

Mauro calling Dynamite and a Mauro-Christian commentary team on Rampage would be matches made in Heaven.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Enthusiast said:

God it would be glorious to get JR off my TV a year early.

Only if Mauro replaces him. 

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

Wheeler is dead in the water imo

He and Garcia are...fine.

But I don't see the big deal about either of them.

1 minute ago, Coffey said:

Wheeler is dead in the water imo

He needs the JAS feud to end once and for all so they can all move to something else. Too bad HOB is practically over without Malakai because that could've been a cool feud with a lot of good matches were Yuta could keep some momentum. As of right now, it feels Tony is rehashing with García what he already did with Wheeler.

I feel like the obvious play now is for Garcia to SWERVE~ and join back with Jericho next week but at this point that also feels like the most boring option. Please no.

I could get behind Garcia joining BCC officially and Yuta having his nose out of joint about it and they're the bickering little brothers competing to give Regal the biggest violence erection.

24 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

A few weeks off before popping up in a championship tournament where he makes the finals and is involved in a storyline with the Bucks and Dark Order where he is a prized partner recruit, then being put in another championship tournament where he goes toe to toe for the 3rd time with one of the best wrestlers in the world. Wrestlers should be lining up for that ‘punishment’. 

I mean what he did was a little shitty, but not the biggest deal in the world. 2 or 3 weeks in the cooler, then in a crowded tourney for the pointless and ice cold trios titles seems about right, idk.

55 minutes ago, C.S. said:

What in the hell is this shit?

There's barely ten minutes left for Wheeler vs. Garcia.

Never mind - it's part of Garcia's entrance. Won't add that much needed flavor to his character or personality though. 

Westside Gunn is a big deal in Buffalo. It's local flavor.

49 minutes ago, Blehschmidt said:
1 hour ago, C.S. said:

J.R. threw BBQ sauce all over the Bucks, which is why Ace Steele bit one of them.

I knew something caused business to pick up.

He ended up spitting them out after one bite though. Turns out the Bucks are actually tougher than a two dollar steak.

Garcia has a lot more upside than Wheeler, who is still pretty bland. Garcia's not very good on the mic, kinda sounds like a baby, but he has good character work. He reminds me of Kurt Angle in the sense that he seems really serious at first but he has the goofy heel stuff going for him. He's much better as a heel at this point but he can go in the ring.

29 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

I mean what he did was a little shitty, but not the biggest deal in the world. 2 or 3 weeks in the cooler, then in a crowded tourney for the pointless and ice cold trios titles seems about right, idk.

While Kenny, the Bucks, and Punk who got caught up in the mess that he started are suspended and stripped of their titles, and possibly fired depending on how the investigation into it goes. No one is cutting promos on Ortiz about Santana, because that would be a shitty thing to do. It’s not just the promo that Page did, it’s the timing. Right before he’s supposed to lose the title to Punk he goes out and does that crap live on tv. It’s a bitch move, and I’d argue really not about Cabana at all. If he gave fuck all about Cabana did he bring it up with anyone in charge before he went out and did that? I liked Adam Page when he was presented seriously and was happy to see him win the championship. But I’ve lost all respect for him. 

7 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

While Kenny, the Bucks, and Punk who got caught up in the mess that he started are suspended and stripped of their titles, and possibly fired depending on how the investigation into it goes. No one is cutting promos on Ortiz about Santana, because that would be a shitty thing to do. It’s not just the promo that Page did, it’s the timing. Right before he’s supposed to lose the title to Punk he goes out and does that crap live on tv. It’s a bitch move, and I’d argue really not about Cabana at all. If he gave fuck all about Cabana did he bring it up with anyone in charge before he went out and did that? I liked Adam Page when he was presented seriously and was happy to see him win the championship. But I’ve lost all respect for him. 

I mean I don’t care about the guy at all at this point, he was a bad champion, very often dresses like shit in a manner not keeping with his character, went into business for himself when it wasn’t called for, and agrees to do too much silly and melodramatic stuff. But I do think an extremely cryptic reference to backstage nonsense that wasn’t all that diegetically different to Eddie Kingston’s promo is a minor offense in and of itself.

15 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

I mean I don’t care about the guy at all at this point, he was a bad champion, very often dresses like shit in a manner not keeping with his character, went into business for himself when it wasn’t called for, and agrees to do too much silly and melodramatic stuff. But I do think an extremely cryptic reference to backstage nonsense that wasn’t all that diegetically different to Eddie Kingston’s promo is a minor offense in and of itself.

When you look at all the damage it’s caused and who all has been swept up in it, it’s proven to be more than a minor offense. I’ve fallen out with friends and family, and if you’re close with someone that wound stays raw and it doesn’t take much to rip it open again. I can’t imagine having to deal with that constantly at work, even outside of having to deal with it in my personal life. 

38 minutes ago, Flyin' Brian said:

When you look at all the damage it’s caused and who all has been swept up in it, it’s proven to be more than a minor offense. I’ve fallen out with friends and family, and if you’re close with someone that wound stays raw and it doesn’t take much to rip it open again. I can’t imagine having to deal with that constantly at work, even outside of having to deal with it in my personal life. 

I get it's probably not your intent, but this seems like you're saying it's somehow Page's fault that Punk is an asshole? Even if you think Page shouldn't have said what he did, Punk losing his shit over what could be at best be called a cryptic comment that 99% of the people watching didn't get the meaning of seems to be the bigger issue here. 

I think it’s becoming more and more apparent that him getting hurt again so soon after dealing with the foot injury is the big driver here, and that it allowed all the other transgressions to bubble to the surface. He’s pissed because none of this is working out the way he wanted to and he’s taking it out on others. But the other people involved aren’t exactly dousing the flames, either. 

7 hours ago, sek69 said:

I get it's probably not your intent, but this seems like you're saying it's somehow Page's fault that Punk is an asshole? Even if you think Page shouldn't have said what he did, Punk losing his shit over what could be at best be called a cryptic comment that 99% of the people watching didn't get the meaning of seems to be the bigger issue here. 

“How could you make me do this to you?!?!”  Pretty standard gaslighting.  Punk even said something like “what did I do to deserve this?” during the scrum, in the middle of a 30 minute rant that was completely unprompted.  Zero self-control and just belligerent.  Punk came in there intent on burning it down.  That’s what he did and now he can hopefully go retire again.

MJF just going back to exactly what he was doing before he left was disappointing. At best, he's just doing something very similar to what Jericho and JAS has been doing, using WWE/sports entertainment stuff for cheap heat. Felt like all the drama surrounding him was a complete waste of time for anyone to follow or get interested in. Pretty much the least interesting direction to take with that. 

Again though, this is where professional courtesy and common sense come in. If you're going to take shots at someone in a promo, there's no good reason to not clear it with them beforehand. Especially if you know the target has a thin skin and a tendency to hold grudges. Then again, that only holds if the goal of the promo is to do business rather than settle petty political scores.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

I think people’s preconceived notions of Punk are coloring their perceptions of this specific situation. Is Punk an asshole? Probably. I don’t know him personally. But my point is say someone started cutting promos on Ortiz about Santana, and Ortiz got pissed off about it. Who’s at fault, the person cutting the promos about a personal matter that has nothing at all to do with anything that should be going on on screen in AEW or Ortiz for getting pissed off about it. Especially if part of the reason he’s pissed off about it is that the person that cut the promo is getting a pass, partially because he’s friends with the executive VP’s? Punk is still a human being, and I’d say deserves to be treated with respect as long as that’s how he treated people. I heard nothing about him being a problem backstage until Page did what he did. Everything else has been complaints about past behavior and reputation, Cabana getting sent to ROH which was 100% on Tony Khan, and the fallout from what Page did. If people didn’t like Punk before of course this is all his fault, but what did he really do before Page cut his promo except come to AEW? I can’t defend or agree with his behavior afterwards but I do understand it.