Timbo Slice

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Blehschmidt said:

A case of sarcasm not being detectable on the internet. Even if he'd lost in 3 seconds, I don't feel that losing a staged wrestling match is "punishment" for anything.

My bad bubba.

But still, it seems like what Embrodak mentioned seems more like it - either being in the doghouse or creative having fuck all for him.

5 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Maybe I'm not using the right apps or widgets, but I didn't see any wrestling news pop up. 

Perhaps.  I was referring to social media/network apps, where even if you weren’t planning on hitting up a news site (wrestling or otherwise) chances are friends/accounts you follow would have at least shared or been all “WOW.  DID [insert whatever here, again not just pro wrestling news] JUST HAPPEN!?!?” which would pique interest in looking up what is being discussed.

1 minute ago, SteveJRogers said:

Perhaps.  I was referring to social media/network apps, where even if you weren’t planning on hitting up a news site (wrestling or otherwise) chances are friends/accounts you follow would have at least shared or been all “WOW.  DID [insert whatever here, again not just pro wrestling news] JUST HAPPEN!?!?” which would pique interest in looking up what is being discussed.

Oh yeah, that has definitely happened.

But still... Someone could easily avoid Facebook or Twitter for 2-3 days and go into Dynamite confused that two titles have suddenly been vacated without explanation. It feels like a sloppy cop-out.

18 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

I think Page kinda got punished for the thing he actually did wrong by being relegated to purgatory until a few weeks before the Trios tournament.

A few weeks off before popping up in a championship tournament where he makes the finals and is involved in a storyline with the Bucks and Dark Order where he is a prized partner recruit, then being put in another championship tournament where he goes toe to toe for the 3rd time with one of the best wrestlers in the world. Wrestlers should be lining up for that ‘punishment’. 

20 minutes ago, C.S. said:

Is it just me or does this match suck compared to their others?

No spark whatsoever.

If it's just my mood, and it may be, please tell me.

It didn't have the huge heat their previous matchups had because Hangman is way colder, Dragon hasn't been heeling it up AND a portion of the crowd was booing Page.

Having said that, the match was a great slow burner. Only thing is that the flying knee is nothing more than a set up move at this point and it's gonna take some time to get used it no longer being a killing finisher.