Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 11/9-11/11

Tenese Sarwieh

Saraya is thoroughly derailed at this point, I don’t think that’s a future happening. She needed approximately the same story as Punk, “Can I still hang?”, not “This division sucks and I’m here to dominate it”. Even if the latter is true, AEW has extremely defensive fans who do not like stuff like that.

7 hours ago, Jmare007 said:

And even after Blood and Guts they had that main event were he lost the barb wire match to Jericho and had that horrible, rushed, WWE-like post match beating "to keep Eddie over" that  failed miserably.

A shame, that was actually Eddie's last match on Dynamite too, 3 months ago. 

5 hours ago, Embrodak said:

Saraya is thoroughly derailed at this point, I don’t think that’s a future happening. She needed approximately the same story as Punk, “Can I still hang?”, not “This division sucks and I’m here to dominate it”. Even if the latter is true, AEW has extremely defensive fans who do not like stuff like that.

And like, it's Saraya. I know some people are really high on her, but she hasn't wrestled in like 5 fucking years. Portraying her as anything more than someone who's rusty and has something to prove is absurd. 

I've said it before but it begs repeating: women's wrestling landscape moved on and improved without her. To have her come out and say that she built this scene borders on sneaking in a heel turn (or just having her be a heel from the start). You can buy someone like Becky Lynch or even Nikkisawa trying to top dog others. Not her. You have people

27 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

To have her come out and say that she built this scene borders on sneaking in a heel turn (or just having her be a heel from the start). You can buy someone like Becky Lynch or even Nikkisawa trying to top dog others. Not her. You have people

While I agree everything she said was completely misguided and 100% the wrong approach to take, Paige vs. Emma at the first WWE Network NXT show was the true beginning of the WWE Women's Revolution. That's a fact. And Paige was on Total Divas for years and there was a major Hollywood movie made about her life, so don't discount her contributions just because they haven't been recent and have been overshadowed by drama and controversy outside the ring.

Not discounting anything. I said the wrestling landscape, specially the women's wrestling landscape, has moved on and improved without her. She has undeniable importance and her 1st half of the 2010s is good, her debut on the main roster is still a great moment in history. However, from 2015 onward she's had two big injuries which cost her half a decade of in-ring action. She retired at age 25!!

She's just not the person you can have come out and say "I'm the best you guys fucking suck take a look and take notes motherfuckers", and that's no fault of her own. Others have done more to build things when she couldn't because she literally wasn't able to. 

I never even found Saraya to be all that good in the ring, tbh. I remember thinking she wasn't as good as AJ Lee & I really liked the AJ Lee/Kaitlyn feud. I still hope TAFKA Paige has a good showing because I think a lot of fans are going to misremember her ability, not to mention the ring rust & it's going to have that hard-to-watch, impending doom feeling like when Bryan Danielson returned to the ring due to the health issues. I also don't think Britt is very good at all, so not exactly the safest person for her return match to be against. 

On 11/12/2022 at 12:58 AM, Alucard said:

Tony announced JUN AKIYAMA is coming in next week w/ Konosuke Takeshita vs. Eddie Kingston & Ortiz on Rampage! 

Holy shit... that is awesome.

I really hope they use this to book an Akiyama v Kingston singles match at the PPV.

6 hours ago, El-P said:

"Yeah but it will not do anything for the ratings, who cares ?"

Well, Eddie Kingston sure cares. Awesome for him, and really cool from Akiyama too. Fuck the ratings. More of this, as long as we can.

^^^^This^^^^^^

I couldn't care less about the ratings. I want wrestling companies to do well, but they don't interest me as talking point. I'm a wrestling fan, not a wrestling business fan.

2 hours ago, Migs said:

New tradition in which Eddie wrestles Japanese legends on PPV pre-shows would work fine for me.

100%. I want Kingston to get a push and at least a short title run. I genuinely think that could make for some awesome wrestling and I KNOW I'd mark out for it. But I'd also be completely content watching him have bangers with anyone and everyone. Just put him on my TV.