Timbo Slice

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Coffey said:

I like MJF but there’s very few men in the world that would hold my attention long enough for me to care about an Ironman Match & MJF is not one of them. Even 30 minute Ironman matches in the modern era bore me to tears. It ain’t Steamboat & Rude out there and PWO as a whole has always liked Danielson more than I do.

Absolutely the worst stipulation for someone with his style. Specially with his main event cycling.

Just now, KawadaSmile said:

Wardlow getting fucked over just so Darby could get that title win. I AM DISGUSTED.

Wardlow stopped being over - or interesting at all - the minute he won the title from Max.

Blame Tony Khan all you want for that - and there's definitely plenty of blame to go around - but start-stop booking hasn't diminished Darby or Eddie Kingston in the eyes of the fans.

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Absolutely the worst stipulation for someone with his style. Specially with his main event cycling.

Yeah but do you really think Danielson can’t make it work? Dude got a near perfect match out of Bray fucking Wyatt. I know hating on MJF is the modus operandi of this board, but there is absolutely nothing in his history that indicates that he can’t follow a vet like Danielson to a great result.

MJF had a really good 40 minute match with Punk.

Danielson had a masterclass for 60 minutes against Hangman.

I don't like Iron Man matches as they tend to get too cute with the falls and structure but I'm for sure looking forward seeing if Dragon and Max are able to pull off a great PPV main event.

1 minute ago, C.S. said:

Wardlow stopped being over - or interesting at all - the minute he won the title from Max.

Blame Tony Khan all you want for that - and there's definitely plenty of blame to go around - but start-stop booking hasn't diminished Darby or Eddie Kingston in the eyes of the fans.

Kingston has vet cred, and Darby always was featured in dope tag matches with Sting. Both got way more in terms of booking than Big Ward.

1 minute ago, Embrodak said:

Yeah but do you really think Danielson can’t make it work? Dude got a near perfect match out of Bray fucking Wyatt. I know hating on MJF is the modus operandi of this board, but there is absolutely nothing in his history that indicates that he can’t follow a vet like Danielson to a great result.

I mean, if he does he's truly a miracle worker.

1 minute ago, NintendoLogic said:

Except Darby is better in every way that matters.

Why not have both, tho?

3 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

Kingston has vet cred, and Darby always was featured in dope tag matches with Sting. Both got way more in terms of booking than Big Ward.

Why not have both, tho?

MJF had a MOTY candidate with Darby, a comparably experienced worker, he’s fine.

11 minutes ago, Embrodak said:

Darby is better than Wardlow, but blowing the nuclear over-ness that Wardlow had when he beat MJF is a fucking crime nonetheless. 

Wardlow got over by being Goldberg and killing people. Jade Cargill has shown that kind of act may get over huge initially but has a limited shelf life in this day and age. It was only a matter of time before the bubble burst.

45 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I'm not overly excited about a Bryan-MJF Iron Man match either, but I think everyone acting like MJF is some talentless scrub who can't work have really bought into the gimmick hook, line, and sinker. It's still real to all of you, I guess.

1 hour ago, KawadaSmile said:

The list of people who can get me hyped for an honest to God 60 minute Ironman match is pretty short and MJF is not there. That is all.

I mean I think this is totally fair. Bret and HBK couldn’t even do an iron man match that has stood the test of time, at least going by most “best matches of all time” lists.

I will say that a 60-minute iron man match is, on paper, a conceptually HORRIBLE idea for any AEW PPV as long as they insist on having such long fucking PPVs. Danielson could wrestle a newly resurrected Macho Man and not get it over in light of all the burnout those crowds undergo by any main event match.

The thing that worked in the tag title match finish btw was that the referees were already out there to throw out Satnam and Daivari, so it wasn’t a total contrivance. It’s a shame that AEW didn’t actually go the “sports based presentation” route, there is genuine creativity that flowers forth from having a consistent set of rules and protocols. The crowd was infinitely hotter for that than they were for yet another JAS beat down.

(BTW, Does Aubrey usually wear that much eyeshadow? It was genuinely distractingly much, for me, and I’ve never noticed it on her before.)

2 hours ago, Perfectly Straightedge said:

Swerve is so freakin good! How WWE let him go I will never understand.

I was going to post that exact same thing. That guy has nothing but upside. He should be and hopefully will be a Main Event level player, and hopefully sooner rather than later. His ring skills are consistently solid to sometimes excellent, but more importantly he just has that mythical “It Factor.” Charisma and personality to spare. If TK has half a brain, he will push the hell out of this guy. It absolutely baffles me that WWE had him, and released him.

2 hours ago, MoS said:

Darby and Joe with two TV matches of the year contenders either side of the new year 

Exactly. Those guys have awesome chemistry. Reminds me of Abyss and AJ in TNA. Every time they faced off, it was watchable no matter what the stakes were. Hell, screw the damn Elite, give me those guys in a Best of 7.

4 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I was going to post that exact same thing. That guy has nothing but upside. He should be and hopefully will be a Main Event level player, and hopefully sooner rather than later. His ring skills are consistently solid to sometimes excellent, but more importantly he just has that mythical “It Factor.” Charisma and personality to spare. If TK has half a brain, he will push the hell out of this guy. It absolutely baffles me that WWE had him, and released him.

This all of this!