Pro Wrestling Only

AEW TV 1/4 and 1/6 - The One Where Danielson Wrestles Nese

Timbo Slice

4 minutes ago, Matt D said:

All I'll say is that it's really obvious that you don't actually watch the shows.

I can’t speak for NXT Level Up, but Dark and Elevation are both way botchier than anything else I’ve ever seen presented by a national wrestling company with a television presence, on average.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ok, let's do this. I'll bold the talents I consider developmental. Here are the wrestlers in matches for the last month or so of Elevation. If it's just them listed, assume they're up against enhancement talent.

12/26:

• Rose/Shafir
  • Julia Hart
  • Bunny
  • Takeshita vs Kazarian
  • Soho/Willow
  • Athena vs Hogan
  • Dralistico vs Blake Christian

12/19:

• Shafir
  • Emi/Bunny
  • Hardy/Page/Kassidy/Takeshita/Top Flight vs Kiss/Slim J/VSK/Avalon/Bononi/Nemeth (I don't consider Kassidy or Top Flight guys getting their reps in at this point. Bononi, I do.)
  • Kingston/Ortiz
  • Athena
  • Claudio/Yuta vs Drake/Henry (I don't consider Yuta that way)

12/12:

• Emi
  • Menard/Parker
  • Willow
  • Taylor/Barreta vs Zack Clayton/Some Other Guy
  • Ari Davari/Nese/Woods vs Cutler/Luther/Serpentico

12/5

• Comoroto vs Shinno
  • Rose/Shafir
  • Hogan
  • Top Flight
  • Emi
  • Lee Moriarty (do not consider him)
  • Cage/Kaun/Toa Liona
  • Sapian vs Reynolds
  • Takeshita vs Solo

11/28:

• Bunny
  • Cutler
  • Rose/Shafir
  • Takeshita vs Davari
  • Moriarty
  • Lethal/Satnam
  • Best Friends/Rocky Romero
  • Athena
  • Hardy/Private Party vs Chaos Project/Some Guy
  • Kingston/Ortiz vs Solo/Comoroto

I could go on but you get the idea. It's a way to warm the crowd up, to give them some of the other stars in matches where they don't have to worry about win/loss records. To give some local wrestlers work and potential tryouts. To build winning streaks for TV. To hype some upcoming programs and heat up people for a match the following week on TV if need be, to keep wrestlers wrestling and warmed up so they don't get hurt due to inaction. And yes, to give maybe 15-20% of the show to talent who need reps.

It's Superstars/Wrestling Challenge, not Developmental. It's really WCW Worldwide.

I don't think Dark is wildly dissimilar.

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

I can’t speak for NXT Level Up, but Dark and Elevation are both way botchier than anything else I’ve ever seen presented by a national wrestling company with a television presence, on average.

Luckily they aren't on television and are in absolutely no way required viewing of any kind to enjoy the promotion. AEW doesn't run house shows. The talent on Dark aren't going to get their reps, particularly when it comes to working within TV time limits and hard cams. And a lot of the talents that pop up on Dark have little to no actual television experience. Same goes for Level Up, but there's nothing forcing anyone to watch them. They're tertiary web shows. You can completely ignore their existence.

28 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

I mean, she's far too nice to be playing the "mean girl" role, plus it seems like she's barely doing anything at all

I was trying to put my finger on what was going wrong with her, and you  nailed it. She comes off less heelish and more "well my BFF is kind of an asshole now but I'm still gonna stand by her".

Those two Tag Title matches this week were so great. The Acclaimed are now just a straight up good team but Jarrett can be placed in the Sting bracket of “Perfectly used” and even Lethal, while the lesser part of everything, played his role in executing everything perfectly. Who else can Jeff Jarrett have Memphis tags with? Get Dustin a good partner and we’re off to the races 

This first 2023 week of AEW has been nothing short of amazing. And this week's Dynamite on paper is just a complete killer show. Hopefully no one dies in that escalara de la muerte match, Omega just having confirmed his status of GOAT beyond the GOATs and true divinity of pro-wrestling at WK.

1 hour ago, NintendoLogic said:

He should have come out to My World and hit Ospreay with a guitar.

That’s what I’m talking about, brother.

Anyway, Tony Khan has to have the shit-eating grin of the guy from the Extenz commercial constantly right now. Just a never ending rendition of Singin in the Rain in the offices of the Jaguars.