Jay Briscoe passes away in car accident. Age 38

KawadaSmile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seat belts becoming a weird culture war thing is a huge human tragedy.

Honestly, fuck WBD if they put a kibosh on a proper tribute show. The man is fucking dead, his daughters are in the hospital, I have to imagine it would have meant something for them and for all of his friends in the locker room to get to celebrate him on the national stage he never got to perform on in life. Especially considering what we now know in the wake of the Me Too movement, god only knows how many predatory reprobates appear on that channel on a regular basis. They make a shit ton of money airing Seinfeld reruns, when he was dating a fucking high school student during a large portion of the making of that show, ffs.

1 hour ago, Embrodak said:

Seat belts becoming a weird culture war thing is a huge human tragedy.

Yeah, I'm baffled honestly. I had no idea there was even discussions about *this*. Maybe it's different in those parts of Europe, I dunno, but like, it would not even cross my mind not to put on a seatbelt and I don't think I ever heard any debate anywhere about this. 

And yeah, fuck WBD.

3 hours ago, sek69 said:

Reading Jay's wife describing her daughters' injuries and all I can think of is that the the person who hit them must have been going fast as hell to cause that level of damage.

Not to be the kind of person who makes assumptions on these kind of things but this has been going across my mind since I heard the news. I understand they were both driving large cars but Christ, the other driver must have been travelling at some speed, especially if they lost control of the vehicle. It seems that the fundraiser has hit over 200K and shows no signs of stopping so I truly hope that’s of some real assistance to his family in the circumstances.

4 hours ago, sek69 said:

Reading Jay's wife describing her daughters' injuries and all I can think of is that the the person who hit them must have been going fast as hell to cause that level of damage.

Looking at the intersection where it supposedly happened, it looks pretty country. Wouldn’t surprise me if the combined speed was like 120 mph or more.

Yeah it was a touching tribute. Hearing how happy Jay and Mark were to get to work a match with their dad and how it was hot enough to break through the eye rolls of the smart NYC fans was nice.

Got choked up a bit when Last pointed out that if the Briscoes hadn’t been kept off television, there’s no guarantee they would have even been in town at that time and place. Laughed at Corny telling the world to leak to him who the WBD executive who nixed Jay being on TV, even for a tribute, so he can use his platform to do targeted harassment, get sued, and tell them to their face that they can go fuck themselves.

I'm pretty desensitized to corporate stuff, but the article with the exec talking about how they were trying to please the same sort of people who like pro wrestling with the slapfight show and just really, you know, give them what they want deep down, happening at the same time as this, is pretty annoying.

“This is an experiment. The goal is, we are making shows for our fans, that’s who we work for. Fans of wrestling have a lot of overlap with the fans of this and it’s huge on social media so the idea really is, if we can take something that’s huge on social, bring it to a linear audience giving the fans what they want.”

“This may surprise you to know that I did not know much about wrestling before I took this job. I know, I seem like a wrestling fan, but I’m not. But I did have to learn a lot about the audience. A lot of families that watch [wrestling], I was very surprised to learn this. I have huge respect for this audience. AEW wrestling airs on two of our networks, TNT and TBS — on both nights it kills. Finding something that speaks to that audience, that would be gold."