Jay Briscoe passes away in car accident. Age 38

KawadaSmile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My brain auto-corrected the title to "Jerry Briscoe" because, well honestly he would be the one you'd expect hear he passed away.   Beyond tragic news, and even more so after the year they had in wrestling and they were finally getting their flowers from the greater wrestling fandom. 

From most accounts, the Pugh family seems like the extended close knit bunch they were portrayed on TV. I hope that's the case because IIRC Mark just had a kid not too long ago and the poor guy's going to be emotionally overwhelmed for a while. 

Heartbreaking.

My daughter and I are what I guess was his last match, at House of Glory a month or so ago. Their family saw my 4 year old and invited them into their family area to play with the other kids during the show. Just a lot of warmth and kindness. I'm so sad for them.

• paul sosnowski changed the title to Jay Briscoe passes away in car accident. Age 38
22 minutes ago, Migs said:

Heartbreaking.

My daughter and I are what I guess was his last match, at House of Glory a month or so ago. Their family saw my 4 year old and invited them into their family area to play with the other kids during the show. Just a lot of warmth and kindness. I'm so sad for them.

The family really felt like a fun, if not gruff, close knit redneck family that would give you the shirts off their back.

Jesus. RIP to him. One of the best workers of the century, arguably the GOAT tag team. He had some banger singles matches as well, one with his brother stands out. 

Really hoping that the children are okay. Life is cruel. What awful news to wake up to.

I'm just gutted by the news ever since I learned of it as Vic Joseph was breaking the news during NXT. Jay Briscoe was the heart & soul of Ring of Honor; he was in the very first match of their very first event. Not only a fantastic tag team wrestler (The Briscoes are definitely HOF worthy) but as we've seen early on and in later years, a great singles wrestler as well. He always represented ROH with pride and as we've seen in the multiple tributes so far, he was universally respected as a great friend and family man.

This one hits as hard as Brodie Lee's passing.

9 hours ago, sek69 said:

My brain auto-corrected the title to "Jerry Briscoe" because, well honestly he would be the one you'd expect hear he passed away. 

The same. I had this brief moment of "Is that Gerry he means ?", because it made no sense otherwise.

Life is absurd.