Jay Briscoe passes away in car accident. Age 38

KawadaSmile

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This doesn't mean anything compared to what has happened, but also props to him for one of the most sincere, genuine apologies I have ever seen - 

https://www.cagesideseats.com/2022/3/16/22981057/jay-briscoe-apologizes-homophobic-tweet-gay-marriage-changed-religious-beliefs-love-everybody

There's no blaming others for their reaction, no "I am sorry you feel that way", no attempt to excuse their words, just a genuine apology and explanation of how their views have changed, and perhaps most importantly, actions to show that the apology was not empty words, including putting his money where his mouth was. I mean, how often in wrestling history have we had such unconditional apologies? How many times has WWE put out a statement essentially doubling down and throwing a hissy fit after getting criticism? 

Jay was a flawed human - like all of us are - but he made a genuine attempt to become a better person, and to make the world better with his actions. I hope everyone who follows pro wrestling and beyond remembers this. Hopefully WBD doesn't try to protest the tributes to him for tomorrow's Dynamite like I am sure TK and the AEW wrestlers are planning on giving him. 

1 hour ago, MoS said:

Jay was a flawed human - like all of us are - but he made a genuine attempt to become a better person, and to make the world better with his actions. I hope everyone who follows pro wrestling and beyond remembers this.

The amazing outpour of love from the pro-wrestling community is a pretty telling story of how much this guy was universally loved. It's really heartbreaking.

I have on so many occasions not worn a seatbelt while driving. I'm just so upset. All Jay was doing was driving his daughters to their practice. This is genuinely heart-breaking, all I can think is just what if the other person had not swerved into his path. Like, she died too, so we can't really blame her or get angry at her for swerving into his path, but just. Such a tragedy. So heartbreaking. Just awful, terrible stuff, man. 

Really really hope his daughters make a full recovery. 

The sheer volume and heartfelt response to Jay Briscoe passing has been really amazing. It sounds like practically everybody loved the guy, and almost every tribute mentions how much he loved his family. It’s a testament to him. I’m sad to say that I have become almost desensitized to Pro Wrestling deaths over the years but this one feels different to me. Maybe because I have always been such a huge fan. Just so sad about this.

1 hour ago, TheDuke said:

Anybody know what the weather was like and the road conditions? It is winter time. If the road was slippery it may have caused the other vehicle to lose control.

I live in the northeast and it’s been clear. Given the time of day I wouldn’t discount Sun glare though.

Such a tragedy. I saw Jay vs. Samoa Joe in a cage at my first ROH show in 2004 in a great match.  It was the Rexplex show where Jay gigged himself way too deep. I've never seen a bloodier wrestler in a match. The blood was falling off of him in big clots.  Jay, to his credit I suppose,  finished the match and that night I became a huge fan. RIP

Samoa_Joe_vs_Jay_Briscoe_Steel_Cage_ROH.jpg

18 hours ago, Shrike02 said:

Many years ago my uncle died in similar circumstances: a fatal car crash caused by another driver, he was not wearing a seatbelt.

Cars are dangerous machines. Human error occurs.

Wear your seatbelt. It can save your life. There is no good reason not to wear it.

Not to pile on but this x10000.

Seat belts improve your chances of being less hurt/living.  Wear them.

Pollo is an absolute badass, too. She’s worked the Indy I broadcast for a few times and was the best. Highly respected, and if she’s saying that, that’s a big deal. Just wish it was said more when he was alive, and WBD doing what they did last night to not allow any type of remembrance is seeming worse by the minute.