Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 9/25 - 10/1 Tua is the tribal chief of the NFL

NintendoLogic

49 minutes ago, MLB said:

Body breaking down = cash in now with WWE.

Ricochet/Ospreay is kinda like Styles/Nakamura, WWE wants it on their big stage. 

WWE didn’t want Nakamura and Styles at Wrestlemania, it was AJ’s idea and he had to talk them into it. And then it blew up in his face when Nakamura under-delivered and gave a forgettable performance on the big stage. Kind of like he has with every single other big match and angle ever since he showed up there.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

WWE didn’t want Nakamura and Styles at Wrestlemania, it was AJ’s idea and he had to talk them into it. And then it blew up in his face when Nakamura under-delivered and gave a forgettable performance on the big stage. Kind of like he has with every single other big match and angle ever since he showed up there.

That's tied with Lesnar-Ambrose for the most disappointing WrestleMania match of the modern era.

13 minutes ago, The Thread Killer said:

I didn't know AJ pushed for that, interesting.

Clearly, Ricochet is important to WWE and HHH seems willing to die on that hill. Ricochet is somebody Ospreay has already worked with and established chemistry. For casual fans like Maria Menounos, that will likely be their first exposure to Ospreay and it will fully showcase his skills and make a mark. 

A lot of potential blockbuster matches for Will in WWE, too many to list.

Just now, C.S. said:

That's tied with Lesnar-Ambrose for the most disappointing WrestleMania match of the modern era.

I agree that the Lesnar/Ambrose match sucked, but I find the story behind it especially hilarious. Moxley basically went to Lesnar and suggested doing a bunch of the ridiculous crap that he would later become famous for doing every single week on Dynamite…stupid Indy garbage, weapons, blood, and other typical Moxley crap. And Lesnar just shook his head and said “Nope. We’re not doing any of that.” Then Lesnar basically squashes him, and Moxley is so upset about it he goes and bitches about it on Austin’s podcast. And then gets a receipt from Heyman in that Inside the Ropes interview. All that was way more entertaining to me than the match ever could have been.

1 hour ago, The Thread Killer said:

I agree that the Lesnar/Ambrose match sucked, but I find the story behind it especially hilarious. Moxley basically went to Lesnar and suggested doing a bunch of the ridiculous crap that he would later become famous for doing every single week on Dynamite…stupid Indy garbage, weapons, blood, and other typical Moxley crap. And Lesnar just shook his head and said “Nope. We’re not doing any of that.” Then Lesnar basically squashes him, and Moxley is so upset about it he goes and bitches about it on Austin’s podcast. And then gets a receipt from Heyman in that Inside the Ropes interview. All that was way more entertaining to me than the match ever could have been.

While I'm not sure a Moxley version of that match would have been any better, at least it would have been something new and different for Lesnar, who was one of the stalest acts with the most formulaic matches at that point. Ultimately, I side with Moxley - just barely, but I do - because we saw Lesnar's version of that match, and it was the drizzling shits.

6 hours ago, strobogo said:

Not that Punk has a lot of credibility left, but he would be a legendary sell out fraud to go back to WWE.

I mean, the man with Das Ethic going to work for Das Rapist and sport-wash the Saudi regime after parading around with "support trans-right" and "abortion right is human right" signs would be something. Hey, maybe he will be THE one to say "nope, I'm not doing this shit", because apparently no one else has any sense of self or ethic at all, not Cena, not Sami, not Reigns (and don't get me wrong, I don't think anyone currently in AEW, nor anywhere else would do otherwise either, that's how much I think about pro-wrestlers and entertainers in general, sadly). 

If Punk shows up back in AEW though, it's yet another proof WWE are complete idiots to want to crush their competition (which is not competition, you see, not at all, and they don't even care about it, despite even teasing the fucking Taker on NXT :lol:), because as n°1 company in the business, they profit a whole lot more from it than anyone else. They got Cody, they got Jade (although that remains to be seen what happens with her, people are overstating her importance even before she shows up, but someone like her thrown in the Machine has all the potential in the world to be a big star, and that's all she cares about, she'll drop them like a bad habit as soon as Hollywood comes knocking), they may get Punk and none happens if AEW does not happens. Also, Ive checked the LA Knight thingy. It's hilarious, the guy is now the N°1 merchandise seller or something. Well, he was doing the exact same shit in TNA like 7 years ago or something. The EXACT same catchphrase and cadence. And WWE almost blew it because they did not want him to get over. They lucked into another guy that has zero to do with their "developmental". 

I just want to see Punk, don’t really care which company it’s in. Punk vs Seth, Punk vs Cody, Punk vs Reigns, Punk vs KO, Punk vs Sami, lots of good bouts for him to do. If he wants to do the “build young talent up” thing, Punk as a foil for Bron Brekker’s first main roster feud would be fucking killer. Punk vs Ilja, Punk vs Hayes, Punk vs Theory, Punk vs Dirty Dom. Plenitude of possibilities for a 1-2 year final run.

13 hours ago, strobogo said:

Not that Punk has a lot of credibility left, but he would be a legendary sell out fraud to go back to WWE.

I agree but WWE were even able to mend fences with The Ultimate Warrior, of all people, at the end there, so I wouldn't count it out. Maybe they could get A.J. Lee to come with him so Rhea could rag doll her a bit too. That could be fun.

It's crazy to me that AEW had guys like FTR, Bryan Danielson & Samoa Joe around in the locker room, that Punk gets along with & is good friends with, and he still couldn't stay out of his own way. If he couldn't make it work in AEW, he's not going to be able to make it work in WWE again either. The pipe bomb was never some shoot shit on the microphone, it was always how long until his temper blows up & he burns another bridge.