Pro Wrestling Only

WWE TV 4/1-4/7 Biggest week o the year

Ricky Jackson

It's funny to think how Cody tearing his pec affected his push. If he stayed injury free since WM38, would he get the belt at WM39, or would there be a chance he doesn't see the same overness?

Because holy shit, every time there is a setback - pec tear, heartbreaking loss against Roman - he comes back more and more over. It's astounding.

Austin could make sense.  I’m guessing that Rock Roman win night 1 in screwy circumstances.  Following there’s a promo that Cody promises war(“payback is hell daddy”) and that he planned for every eventuality.  For the bloodline he brings a guy to counter each of the bloodline guys including the friends he has made along the way, including Cena, Zayn, Owens etc (Brock? Cornette to counter Paul E would be fun but never happens).  Austin could be the Rocks counter.  B

Yeah, the Austin stuff is basically dependent on Rock and Roman winning in Night 1. Which kinda has to happen so Rock is guaranteed to be present in Night 2.

I think Cody is teflon at this point. Much more than Cena ever was in terms of 100% approval with the WWE audience. A monster pop for Stone GOAT so he can take Rock out of the way and Roman-Cody are finally one on one would be very much worth it.

WWE is red hot right now, I don't see anyone thinking "boy this current Era is not as good as the past" just because Austin shows up, lol.

12 hours ago, Robert S said:

A Rock-Austin face-off now would be like a Hogan-Savage face-off at Mania 21 when Cena got his first title (or at least it would be if Cody would be ten years younger).

The difference here is Austin never wore out his welcome and kept his aura, and Rock has been a huge star outside of wrestling longer than he was in wrestling and is absolutely in a bag he's never been close to in any of his post 2004 appearances. 

I think Hogan/Savage interaction at WM 20 would have had a huge reaction and been an all timer moment even after the horrible final run for Macho, and Hogan nostalgia run having peaked by then. Especially in a tag match that no doubt will have lots of fuckery, the glass shattering after a bunch of interference and a ref bump and Rock doing the wide eye stare and tearing all muscles doing a classic stunner sell would be an awesome moment, c'mon man. 

Not to mention Austin showed with his match (ok... "match") with Owens that he's game for whatever, and it would be kind of the perfect guy to balance out the Rock after Seth and Jey counter Solo and Jimmy.

They are so petty and insecure it's crazy. They are in such dominant position, with idiot-proof money for years, and yet they just can't help themselves. It's so fucking pathetic. 

Also, there was a big MJF chant behind Levesque at one point.

What intrigues me is that he talked about making that choice "early in their career". I don't really think that would apply to Ospreay even if Hunter is talking about him. He's been doing this for over a decade now - and shit, his style basically guarantees he won't be reaching his late 40s in tiptop shape much like Omega before him. No shit he's choosing more money and a lighter schedule.

9 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

What intrigues me is that he talked about making that choice "early in their career". 

Ospreay has never been in WWE. So he's early in his career from the point of a WWE brain. Whatever he did before doesn't matter. He's not talking about Okada (or is he ? :lol:) and certainly not Mercedes.

9 minutes ago, KawadaSmile said:

He's been doing this for over a decade now - and shit, his style basically guarantees he won't be reaching his late 40s in tiptop shape much like Omega before him. No shit he's choosing more money and a lighter schedule.

The funniest part is that in three years, WWE will probably throw a shitload more money if they want Ospreay and by then they'll have no issue whatsoever giving him a lighter schedule if he wants it.

Also, WWE is promoting Logan Paul. DAS GRIND :lol:

3 hours ago, ...TG said:

Regular battle royals (battles royal?) are usually a snooze but tonight's was a lot of fun.

I like the idea of Andre becoming the patron saint of the Meatyweight division

18 hours ago, ...TG said:

Regular battle royals (battles royal?) are usually a snooze but tonight's was a lot of fun.

There's no way that Omos elimination was on purpose, right? Especially because it happened during the commercial break. I feel like they had to change things on the fly. 

7 minutes ago, Coffey said:

There's no way that Omos elimination was on purpose, right? Especially because it happened during the commercial break. I feel like they had to change things on the fly. 

I was thinking the exact same thing. I think he leaned over too far after the double clothesline on the Creeds, it looked like he fell out of the ring!

On 4/4/2024 at 2:19 AM, Big Pete said:

My only recollection of MITB was seething over Christian losing. The guy was one of the most consistent in-ring guys they had who could work with anybody and you had a ready made feud there with Edge and instead they decided to parachute Swagger into the role. My blood is boiling just thinking about it, how did you ever deal with it @C.S.?

Years of therapy.