Pro Wrestling Only

ROH scaling back

MikeCampbell

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The 3H's

I think he just has internet access, he might believe Fight Network is a channel that he isn't able to recieve in his area. He probably doesn't know its only available in Canada.

Ok the first post really read like an Eric Stevens angle kind of "get Well Matilda" cards that would lead to Matilda coming back rabidly Cujo style and biting Billington right where he shoots up.

Than GregH gets involved and fuck if I know what's going on. But the idea of Gregh putting together a fundraiser for Matilda's veternary clinc cracks me up.

"Invisible is being 26 and paralyzed. Forced to live in a nursing home an hour from your home because no other facility will take you because you're too young. I just descoved AotF and it feels like home. I follow the blog but cannot watch ROH because this facility doesn't have PPV or the Fight Channel, and I can't afford the DVDs. Your blogs make feel like I walk again as part of The Age of the Fall. I am The Fallen and the Forgotten.

Eric"

For fuck's sake. If this IS real, can we just donate enough money to get Dr. Kervorkian to pay this whiny bitch a visit?

He reminds me of this kid I sat next to at Final Battle, who was way into the Age of the Fall v. Briscoes match.

Apparently the rape of Allison Danger is being edited off the DVD, and Gabe is in defense mode. They should just accept the fact that ROH fans won't boo Sweeney or turn him face

Guest DietSoda

"Well, I was a little hasty in pulling "The Larry Sweeney Show Starring Larry Sweeney" from the 6th Anniversary Show DVD (mostly due to my lovely & beautiful wife yelling at me over it). After putting together the DVD last night, I felt that this segment needed to go on so you could judge it for yourself.

I stand by my apology and once again apologize if you were offended. Our goal in ROH is not to be controversial or offensive like some promotions. Our goal is to give you an enjoyable wrestling product. I still maintain that you will not see anything like this from ROH again.

Hopefully we'll have this DVD out in the next few weeks. Myself and our production staff are all very proud of it with Shiozaki vs. Aries, Strong vs. Stevens vs. Necro and Nigel vs. Bryan all being stand out matches. Thank you."

http://www.rohwrestling.com/MessageBoard/t...?TOPIC_ID=40001

"Invisible is being 26 and paralyzed. Forced to live in a nursing home an hour from your home because no other facility will take you because you're too young. I just descoved AotF and it feels like home. I follow the blog but cannot watch ROH because this facility doesn't have PPV or the Fight Channel, and I can't afford the DVDs. Your blogs make feel like I walk again as part of The Age of the Fall. I am The Fallen and the Forgotten.

Eric"

For fuck's sake. If this IS real, can we just donate enough money to get Dr. Kervorkian to pay this whiny bitch a visit?

So does this mean that you don't know any disabled people who might have a bad day and post something rather sad on their blog/website? Being in Eric's position would probably lead a lot of "normal" people to a much sadder state of mind. The Hitman Hart: Wrestling With Shadows documentary has at least one person who claims that Bret Hart pretty much inspired her to finally do something with her life and go to college. Those are the fans that wrestling promotions probably covet. Heck, people probably make similar claims that Eric does when talking about their favourite music.

Wrestling fans, or any superfans of other forms of entertainment, are prone to being drama queens. This guy Eric is obviously in a position that none of us would envy. He doesn't deserve our contempt just because he's having a bad day or at worst being a bit of a drama queen. This thread veers off into drama queen city every now and then too.

Sorry Ryan, but feeling so sorry for yourself AND taking inspiration in life from a lame, emo pro wrestling angle is just too much of a combination for me to bear. It's not like he said, "hey, I'm disabled and watching some wrestling makes me feel better." I could accept that. He was all "waaaaaaaaaaah I'm disabled and I feel invisible and I can relate to those fake fighters' message soooo much." Then again, I guess I was wrong for pointing that out, as calling wrestling fans emotionally-stunted and unfit to deal with life is like calling the Pope Catholic.

--ROH is giving away tickets for the house show in conjunction with the movie tapings for "The Wrestler" on 3/14 and 3/15 in Dover, NJ at The Baker Theater. You can send to [email protected] and mention if you'd like to attend on 3/14 or 3/15 or both shows and they'll send out tickets for a certain number of winners picked at random. Please only send in if you can attend the shows.

That's never a good sign, right? Then again, they're holding this show in the middle of nowhere in north Jersey, about 2 hours from Philadelphia and not really close to New York City either, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

--ROH is giving away tickets for the house show in conjunction with the movie tapings for "The Wrestler" on 3/14 and 3/15 in Dover, NJ at The Baker Theater. You can send to [email protected] and mention if you'd like to attend on 3/14 or 3/15 or both shows and they'll send out tickets for a certain number of winners picked at random. Please only send in if you can attend the shows.

That's never a good sign, right? Then again, they're holding this show in the middle of nowhere in north Jersey, about 2 hours from Philadelphia and not really close to New York City either, so I guess it shouldn't be a surprise.

Too bad I already have plans next weekend. I live a little over an hour from Dover, that's pretty tempting and as close as RoH comes to here. Dover is accessible to NYC via the NJ train system at least.

http://www.wrestlingobserver.com/wo/news/h...t.asp?aID=22278

Ring Of Honor will be heading to The Baker Theatre next weekend in Dover, NJ, in conjunction with the new Darren Aronofsky-directed film, "The Wrestler," starring Mickey Rourke. Cary said that the choice of the venue was mainly chosen by the film's crew, and the most-pivotal ending scene of the movie will be shot there, where Rourke's character will be facing his old nemesis in his final match. Again, Cary strongly believes that the fans who will be in attendance will be pleased.

• 3 weeks later...

I went to my first ROH show tonight in Orlando. I was very impressed actually. Although the building was shitty, very much a fire hazzard and in a horrible part of town. I saw Gabe walking all around the crowd before the show started. He was even using a camera during a angle with the YRR and Bushwacker Luke.

I also met that Cary silkin guy or whatever his name is that heads ROH. He was a cool guy and shaked everyone's hand after the show. As for the "scaling back" part, I don't think any chairs were used but I've never seen so many chops as I saw tonight. Every single match had one guy doing numerous chops. Kobashi would be proud.

And I know Nigel isn't liked around these parts but I must say, The guy is a awesome heel live.

I went to my first ROH show tonight in Orlando. I was very impressed actually. Although the building was shitty, very much a fire hazzard and in a horrible part of town. I saw Gabe walking all around the crowd before the show started. He was even using a camera during a angle with the YRR and Bushwacker Luke.

I also met that Cary silkin guy or whatever his name is that heads ROH. He was a cool guy and shaked everyone's hand after the show. As for the "scaling back" part, I don't think any chairs were used but I've never seen so many chops as I saw tonight. Every single match had one guy doing numerous chops. Kobashi would be proud.

And I know Nigel isn't liked around these parts but I must say, The guy is a awesome heel live.

I think Nigel is a fine champ. The guy looks like he's off roids too so that's pretty cool in this day and age. And look at all the legit heat he gets with smart marks! :lol: Best worker ever!!

I really think people are starting to get a little too rough on ROH. Yeah, that's weird coming from someone like me who was one of the first to get on ROH's case. There's constructive criticism and than there's just blind stupid hate and I think there are a few people who have crossed that line.

Maybe it's time to sit back and enjoy the good while hopefully ignoring the bad? Just like a lot of us do with the WWE.

Tim, how were the dueling chants last nights? That's always been a pet peeve of mine. I noticed they weren't too bad at all in the Nigel vs Aeries title match.