Dave Meltzer stuff

Loss

• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Exactly what motivation does anyone have to pretend to have enjoyed a match? Please quit it with the bad faith bullshit, it's poisonous to actual discussion.

This has been done a million times before on here. I like when Henry and Show do good work but the Raw match is horrid. Saying otherwise is essentially saying they can't have a bad match ever. Again how terrible of a match do they need to have before the whole shoehorned cerebral and deliberate thing is dropped? If they were that smart of workers they would have found ways to not further kill off the crowd.

How many times do you have to be politely asked to stop generalizing the entire board? And how many times do you plan to ignore the request? STOP with the "on here" crap.

Every time someone makes a post that you disagree with, you make it an indictment of PWO as a whole. It's dishonest and rude. STOP.

Exactly what motivation does anyone have to pretend to have enjoyed a match? Please quit it with the bad faith bullshit, it's poisonous to actual discussion.

This has been done a million times before on here. I like when Henry and Show do good work but the Raw match is horrid. Saying otherwise is essentially saying they can't have a bad match ever. Again how terrible of a match do they need to have before the whole shoehorned cerebral and deliberate thing is dropped? If they were that smart of workers they would have found ways to not further kill off the crowd.

How many times do you have to be politely asked to stop generalizing the entire board? And how many times do you plan to ignore the request? STOP with the "on here" crap.

Every time someone makes a post that you disagree with, you make it an indictment of PWO as a whole. It's dishonest and rude. STOP.

Wasn't generalising about the board at all just the whole Show, Henry etc thing has been discussed even in this thread alone numerous times before. Just a statement of fact. I've no idea how you are reading it as me making a generalisation.

I love Henry and have always dug Show and yes while their RAW match had some flaws by the end I thought it was overall good.

I didn't just pretend to write that either.

Before this gets harped on endlessly pretend is not my word.

"Pretending" to like Mark Henry is still a thing? What is this, 2006?

Their Raw match was fine. Nothing special, but it was a fun, smaller version of their match. I liked Show really railing on Henry at the start like he threatened to do in his promo.

Not sure what "their matches kill feuds" means when their last feud (2011) was really good and the matches delivered above and beyond. They had the great MITB match and Vengeance broken ring match. I thought Survivor Series was really good too. Their Chairs match was just kind of short, but Chairs matches are generally handicapped. This was just the first Raw match with a bullshit finish to set up the feud for later, since they're presumably going to be in the SS match. Not sure what was supposed to be so terrible about it.

I think Henry is awesome. Not "awesome if we devalue the term", not "awesome in reaction to people thinking he sucks". Just awesome. I love this man. I thought Henry/Punk from Raw was a genuine MOTYC and I put it in my end-of-year Top 10 article. I've enjoyed all of the Henry/Show matches. I don't care if anyone disagrees, but assigning motives and getting into "you're just pretending to" and "standards must have dropped" territory is a really arrogant, douchey way of saying "The way I like wrestling is the right and only way", and if anyone likes other stuff, they're not only wrong about what wrestling they should like, but they're willfully lying about it for some unclear ulterior motive. Fuck off with that shit.

Wrestling being as subjective as it is you have to see how this comes across as trolling? People are going to like what they are going to like, just because you don't agree that doesn't mean they're pretending.

Ok too late on the pretend thing.

I like Mark Henry when he actually delivers. I am more in agreement about Mark Henry than you may seem to realise. I don't require a big defence of Henry's work. Just the Raw match was a terrible Mark Henry match. That's it.

Wrestling being as subjective as it is you have to see how this comes across as trolling? People are going to like what they are going to like, just because you don't agree that doesn't mean they're pretending.

Yet again I didn't say pretend or pretending.

Ok too late on the harping thing.

I like Mark Henry when he actually delivers. Just the Raw match was a terrible Mark Henry match. That's it.

That's fine, take no issue at all with what you just said. However, other people will feel differently, and that's okay too.

The Mark Henry/Big Show thing exists for a reason when you have people pretending their Raw match was any good or engaging you setting yourself up for derision I am sorry. How bad, feeble and sluggish does their matches have to be before people stop applying a cerebral "slow and deliberate" narrative to their matches? Their matches kill interest in their feud(s).

Rovert, I didn't say that I liked the match at all. I thought they had a bad match considering how they've been working the feud. I just thought that Mark was good in his role and Show was bad at his.

For me, my tastes in wrestling is probably similar to your taste. I thought the Rusev and Sheamus match wasn't good but people here loved it. I just accept it as different strokes for different folks.

I like Mark Henry when he actually delivers. Just the Raw match was a terrible Mark Henry match. That's it.

That's fine, take no issue at all with what you just said. However, other people will feel differently, and that's okay too.

Cool. I just think the wait until Show or Henry are just referred to as old and broken down rather than cerebral masters of graps game is going to curious and long one in some (not generalising about all of PWO here) quarters.

I am more than open to completely changing my opinion of them if they offer a heated and spirited physical confrontation. Or if either has another "Indian Summer" career wise but at the moment nah.

uh

The Mark Henry/Big Show thing exists for a reason when you have people pretending their Raw match was any good or engaging you setting yourself up for derision I am sorry.

I stand corrected. But you are just isolating a word here rather than looking at what I actually wrote/crux of my point. If my point was just people are pretending I would have just said people are pretending and let that be that. If that was just point I would have remembered even using the word. If you want to harp on one word reaching would be a better one. As liking the Henry/Show match requires all the bad points about the match and labelling them as good. They weren't smartly working around their limitations they were trying and failing to have a good match that the crowd could care about.

uh not to get personal here but have we all forgotten rovert is like a legit professional troll? I know not too many people here follow the WON board (or at least the pro wrestling section), but even when he has good points every discussion he's involved in turns into the semantics of every single word of every post until everyone runs away screaming.

Cool. I just think the wait until Show or Henry are just referred to as old and broken down rather than cerebral masters of graps game is going to curious and long one in some (not generalising about all of PWO here) quarters.

I am more than open to completely changing my opinion of them if they offer a heated and spirited physical confrontation. Or if either has another "Indian Summer" career wise but at the moment nah.

uh

The Mark Henry/Big Show thing exists for a reason when you have people pretending their Raw match was any good or engaging you setting yourself up for derision I am sorry.

I stand corrected. But you are just isolating a word here rather than looking at what I actually wrote/crux of my point. If my point was just people are pretending I would have just said people are pretending and let that be that be. If that was just point I would have remembered even using the point. If you want to harp on one word reaching would be a better one. As liking the Henry/Show match requires all the bad points about the match and labelling them as good. They weren't smartly working around their limitations they were trying and failing to have a good match that the crowd could care about.

Bad points...to you. What did you think were the bad things about the match (other than the crowd wasn't engaged)?

I liked the opening where Show was hurt and out for revenge and was just tossing Henry into anything and everything. That made sense based off the angle so far and Show's promo beforehand. I like that they take big bumps with each other like being tossed off the top and the spear on the floor. Guys that big should just throw bombs at each other.

I'm not even saying it was that great or anything, but I enjoyed it and thought it was perfectly fine, and not terrible or something that people have to reach or pretend or whatever to like.

uh not to get personal here but have we all forgotten rovert is like a legit professional troll? I know not too many people here follow the WON board (or at least the pro wrestling section), but even when he has good points every discussion he's involved in turns into the semantics of every single word of every post until everyone runs away screaming.

I am not trolling and have never trolled on here. The WON board is a notorious trolling board so what a bizarre complaint to level at me. Bix once called it Figure4Chan. All I've said here and I am beating a dead horse at this stage is that the slow bad match was just a slow bad match.

I am not trolling and have never trolled on here. The WON board is a notorious trolling board so what a bizarre complaint to level at me.

If you're not intentionally trolling then your post above about pretending to like Henry/Show was so negligently bordering on trolling that it really doesn't make a lot of difference. It's pretty clear saying that around here, a place noted for its Henry (and Show) fandom, is going to get a reaction.

If you're not intentionally trolling then your post above about pretending to like Henry/Show was so negligently bordering on trolling that it really doesn't make a lot of difference.

If I was trolling I would have remembered that I used to the word for crying out loud and "pretending" have been the crux of my point. It wasn't. I've made every effort to distance myself from that word.

It's pretty clear saying that around here, a place noted for its Henry (and Show) fandom, is going to get a reaction.

I was trolling and I wasn't looking to troll. I expressed my tiredness of the subject in the first line of my second post:

http://prowrestlingonly.com/index.php?/topic/9754-dave-meltzer-stuff/page-257&do=findComment&comment=5638278

I didn't want to rehash something that has been discussed before. It's a very old topic at this stage.

Seriously Steenalized.

Have you considered that no one has a problem with you not liking Henry/Show at this point, especially given multiple people expressed the same opinion earlier today, but that people didn't care for the way you presented your opinion?

I am not continuing this. Until you realise I wasn't trolling. I expressed reluctance/tiredness about the subject and I intended the post linked above to be my last post on the matter and get some studying done to be honest. Then Loss accused me of generalising about PWO for reasons I don't understand of saying the subject had been done to death. Which it has in my opinion. Discussing it is on a hiding to nothing in the main.

Maybe if they engaged the crowd better Meltzer would have liked it more.

Rovert pretends Irish workers not named Sheamus are good, so it's a tactic he employs himself at least

Sheamus actually confronted me once about calling him a bad wrestler back in the day. This is more or less accurate.

Did you end up beating him up like everyone else?

Whose trolling now? It was more just a telling off. A mutual friend moved him on. Sheamus was pretty bad and thin skinned back then. One of my favourites now.

You still haven't explained what you didn't like the match.

I haven't? It was slow, bad and disengaging. What do you want like?