Jump to content
Pro Wrestling Only

Wahoos Leg

Moderators
  • Posts

    1691
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wahoos Leg

  1. I've got WWE Network, NJPW World, Progress and Powerbomb
  2. I use a spreadsheet for mine that has been described as "highly detailed" by some, "awesome" by others and "insane" by others. Happy to share if you're interested
  3. 1) Find more "me time" to watch wrestling -- even if it's just a match a day or an hour or 2 a week. 2) Finish 2000 on PWO2K 3) Dad finally got the WWE Network and asked me, "so, what's worth watching over the last 4 years?" so I'll be going through Reality Era stuff cherry-picking things he should watch
  4. I love this idea. I'm down.
  5. Just got this for Christmas and realized upon perusing the match listing I was at the show in 88 where Owen Hart debuted. My first live wrestling event, as well. Carry on.
  6. Agreed, I much prefer the NJPW iteration of the Bucks to the ROH/PWG one.
  7. I personally prefer the NJPW incarnation of the Bucks to the ROH one
  8. I have a lot of problems with attempting to stream the NJPW World service on my laptop. Constantly freezing up and lagging as to make it impossible to watch a match. I've seen various complaints elsewhere about similar issues and I think those sort of things have to be rectified if they want to make the desired splash on the 4th
  9. Meltzer has spent the evening on Twitter intermittently arguing that a video game character was real. So that's been fun.
  10. Lord have mercy I am behind, Sunday nights with the kids are just the worst as far as chaos Enzo vs. Kalisto was completely forgettable. Given the PPV, I would have much preferred the reported original plan for the cruiserweights to have a multi-man match. I enjoy the Fashion Files segments but man, this crowd was ice cold for Breezango live. Match was the same type of paint by numbers WWE tag we have seen a billion times before.
  11. I'm way behind but I'm posting my thoughts here as I watch Matt Hardy vs. Eiias The Elias act amuses me. Matt is definitely showing his age but he did a real solid job selling the arm in this one. Right guy went over. If we don't see an Elias vs Aiden English sing off tonight, it's a tragedy
  12. I agree with all of this. They've also done a pretty decent job telling the long-term story of how the title reign has worn him down over time
  13. Maybe it's a difference in sensibilities but a lot of times the booking seems to be foregone conclusions. While it usually yields matches that are at least watchable and often highly entertaining, the matches every fall with the IWGP Title or WK title shot on the line lack drama to me because there's no way the challengers are going to win. Ishii vs Naito was great, but there was no way he was winning and getting the shot at their biggest show of the year, which made it difficult for me to fully engage in it, if that makes sense. And I couldn't get into Okada vs EVIL at all, much for the same reasons and also because I felt it was unnecessarily long. They could have shaved 5-10 minutes off and it would have been a better, tighter story.
  14. Close! He said that Styles vs Balor would have been the ninth best match during this past PWG weekend
  15. they are. the "smart people" line is what kills me.
  16. He's just trolling people at this point https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/922960642197241856
  17. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  18. Kudos. I can't imagine having time to watch 350 matches in 10 weeks until I retire. yeah man that's like half a year's worth of wrestling watching for me
  19. Damn that doesn't sound good. The way it was a routine check and the fact he was in ICU didn't add up to me. I hope this ends well for ric. He's my favourite wrestler of all time. It's not altogether uncommon, especially in older people, for a fairly routine hospital visit to become more serious once they start running tests and find something. That's what happened to my uncle, he went in for a routine test and they found late-stage cancer.
  20. This post cannot be displayed because it is in a password protected forum. Enter Password
  21. There's a definite bias/preference, but watching people troll him on Twitter aboiut it and see his reaction is always a delight
  22. Getting back into this after a very lengthy absence, and I liked this more than I thought I would. Thought it definitely deserved better than it got from the crowd. Triple H did a fantastic job on a couple of the near falls just before the rope break escape on the chokeslam.
  23. Limbwork, to me, is a question of proportionality. An armbar 2 minutes into a match that is forgotten a few minutes later... OK. On the other end of the spectrum, Seth Rollins constantly having his bad knee get targeted and then he bounces around doing high spots effortlessly in the same match... not OK.
  24. Wahoos Leg

    Mauro and JBL

    His writing is very rambling as well. His Yahoo stuff was leaps and bounds better because he had someone editing it
  25. Wahoos Leg

    Mauro and JBL

    It's also dealing with Ranallo's personal medical stuff so in my opinion the "whole story" really is no one's business.
×
×
  • Create New...