Matches You Must See Before You Die

Al

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna throw out a couple:

Must see high flyers match -- Bracito De Oro/Cicloncito Ramirez/Mascarita Magica vs Damiancito El Guerrero/El Fierito/Pierrothito, 10/3/97

Must see match with blood -- Trio Fantasia v. Thundercats (Masks vs. Masks), 12/8/91

Must see mat work -- Blue Panther vs. Atlantis from 1997

Must see 1970s match -- Mark Rocco vs. Marty Jones (7/26/78)

Must see 1980s match -- Yoshiaki Fujiwara vs Super Tiger (1/16/85 handheld)

Must see 1990s match -- Espanto Jr. vs. El Hijo Del Santo (UWA World Welterweight Title Match), 5/14/92

Must see tag match -- Kung Fu/Pete Roberts vs. Johnny Kincaid/Dave Bond (10/4/77)

There's someone else you guys know who's about my age where it'll surprise you but I won't say who...

There's someone else on these boards who was born in 1980ish that always surprised me since I thought he'd been around forever.

Hoback was subbing to the WON and buying tapes from Dave in 1983 at around the age of 12/13, which always blows my mind. :)

John

There's someone else you guys know who's about my age where it'll surprise you but I won't say who...

You gotta admit: you do have a grumpy old man aspect about you.

Not as much as John! :P

It's one of the reasons I love this forum so much -- it's full of crusty, wise old rasslin watchin vets. :lol:

The odd thing is, at a couple of other boards, I'm the crusty old guy at the ripe age of 31. I end up teaching Rassling 101 to kids so inexperienced that many of them haven't seen any of the old Wrestlemanias. So it is kinda nice to have a board where I'm the naive young punk, relatively speaking.

And speaking of which, hey Bix, I saw a couple of your Cageside articles about Sinclair being linked by some of said kids on said boards. So your work is getting out there, to people who have no idea who you are. :)

There's someone else on these boards who was born in 1980ish that always surprised me since I thought he'd been around forever.

John

Me? I'm 31.

pretty sure I find the Torch through an ad in an Apter or Napalitano mag. Don't remember which. I was trying to nail down exactly when I subscribed a few months back and honestly don't remember. I THINK it was around my 13th birthday which would have been August of 94, though it may have been a hair later than that. Had definitely been a subscriber for a while by the time the Monday Night Wars officially launched in Sept of 95.

First PC in '97, started trading tapes a year later when I got a 2nd VCR for my Jr. high graduation.

See, I've been into taping stuff at least as long as you have in terms of age started, but there was no online anything back then (circa 1985-86, whenI got my 2nd VCR). So, while I am a long-time taper, I'm a relatively short-term trader. Internet trading was already a big thing when I got into it.