Pro Wrestling Only

Best fan insults

Loss

I went to a WWF house show in August of 95. Henry Godwin was injured so couldn't work Adam Bomb so he was replaced by Rad Radford. Godwin stayed around ringside to second Spicolli and was heeling on the fans in the front row including a handicapped child. Bob Holly had hugged the handicap child before his match with Skip. So after Godwin heels the child some fan in the front row gets up and dumps his entire box of popcorn over HOG's head. He shouts out 'That was for Sparky Plug you smelly motherfucker!" That probably doesn't sound funny in print but me and my cousins and the rest of our friends were howling with laughter the rest of the night. We still talk about it till this day. Canterburry got security and told him "to throw this fucking guy out of here!" The fan was ejected.

on the same show Sunny was getting cheered like crazy and when Candido wasn't looking she would play to the crowd and smile and wave at us. As soon as Chris turned around she would stop and start heeling. Fun night of fan/wrestler intereraction all around!

My favourite story is the infamous "Great Muta is afraid of a kid" one. Apparently, some little kid punched Muta, and Keiji sold it, and during the rest of the match he would act scared of the kid each time he would go to the outside. If that's true, that's pretty awesome of Keiji Mutoh.

I went to a WWF house show in August of 95. Henry Godwin was injured so couldn't work Adam Bomb so he was replaced by Rad Radford. Godwin stayed around ringside to second Spicolli and was heeling on the fans in the front row including a handicapped child. Bob Holly had hugged the handicap child before his match with Skip. So after Godwin heels the child some fan in the front row gets up and dumps his entire box of popcorn over HOG's head. He shouts out 'That was for Sparky Plug you smelly motherfucker!" That probably doesn't sound funny in print but me and my cousins and the rest of our friends were howling with laughter the rest of the night. We still talk about it till this day. Canterburry got security and told him "to throw this fucking guy out of here!" The fan was ejected.

No, that absolutely sounds funny in print.

This one's been on YouTube for a while, so it might be pretty famous, but whatever - Hollywood Hogan vs. old lady. She threatens to claw his eyes out even though he's wearing sunglasses. Hogan is amazing here.

That Hogan video is so fucking great.

I travelled down to Newcastle for a house show in '06, and JBL was amazing at getting the crowd to lose it there. I don't recall everything he said, but he came out wearing a jacket that was basically the US flag and tore into Britain. He started rolling around the mat laughing shouting "YOU WORSHIP A QUEEN!" Some lady got really pissed, and he just zeroed in on her. Called her an old bitch and insulted her daughter (at least I think it was her daughter...as did he), who was about 5 years old. Don't remember if the kid started crying or not, but I'm pretty sure that was his goal.

I travelled down to Newcastle for a house show in '06, and JBL was amazing at getting the crowd to lose it there. I don't recall everything he said, but he came out wearing a jacket that was basically the US flag and tore into Britain. He started rolling around the mat laughing shouting "YOU WORSHIP A QUEEN!" Some lady got really pissed, and he just zeroed in on her. Called her an old bitch and insulted her daughter (at least I think it was her daughter...as did he), who was about 5 years old. Don't remember if the kid started crying or not, but I'm pretty sure that was his goal.

"You worship a queen!" and playing the asshole American is good stuff. Calling a woman an old bitch and making her daughter cry is too much for me, though. You can make people mad without actually giving them an unpleasant experience.

Scott Steiner attempts to steal some guy's girlfriend. At first the guy is smiling, but eventually he gets pretty pissed and tries to defend himself.

Guy: I go home with her. You don't go home with her!

Steiner: But she's thinkin' 'bout me!

The JBL bit is interesting, in that you could utterly believe that it's a shoot and he's that xenophobic. In the Ken Kennedy shoot, he talks about a show they did practically on the Texas/Mexico border and John was doing a lot of anti-immigrant stuff and that backstage Eddie Guerrero was extremely pissed at him about it.

That was outstanding. Hogan was also getting deafening heel heat there. At times, he proves why he was the master for sure.

I love at 4:47 Dillinger just shakes his head over the humor of all of it. Not sure why he finally waves Eric down there to chill stuff out. :)

John

Gerald Brisco's kid, Wes went to University of Central Florida and was big into wake boarding. When Wes was in FCW, his friends from UCF would come to the Orlando FCW house shows and cheer him on. He easily got the biggest pop of the night. I forgot who Wes was facing, I think it was Damien Sandow( Idol Stevens of OVW fame) and when the guys were chanting for wes, Sandow goes to them and says "You know, Wake boarding really sucks" and the guys went bonkers yelling at him. I've been a fan of Sandow's ever since.

Reading the last few post and the 1st thing that poped into my mind was the time the Dudleys pissed off a fan bad enough he jumped off a balcony and then hopped the rail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyfClBbGstg

Sadly that's only the highlight version as the whole rant was gold, if i'm remembering correctly this is the same night someone threw a chair at em.

Duds had a lot of moments like that, you could fill this whole thread with them practically, another fave was on the night after they'd allready left for WWF but came back for a surprise aperance in the dying days of ECW and they get in another shouting match with dude in the balcony only this time they just walk upstairs to him only to see him puss out.

another fave was on the night after they'd allready left for WWF but came back for a surprise aperance in the dying days of ECW and they get in another shouting match with dude in the balcony only this time they just walk upstairs to him only to see him puss out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbvXPCCs3vk

-----------------------------------------

The JBL bit is interesting, in that you could utterly believe that it's a shoot and he's that xenophobic. In the Ken Kennedy shoot, he talks about a show they did practically on the Texas/Mexico border and John was doing a lot of anti-immigrant stuff and that backstage Eddie Guerrero was extremely pissed at him about it.

I'd be willing to say that's Kennedy bullshit considering how tight Eddie and JBL were, AND it was the whole point of the angle.

I think you all will get a kick out the kids in this video - starts right before the first kid hip-swivels.

There's only about 10 seconds of it here, but this took place at our September event.

In October, the kid in the red shorts dressed up as Devin Carter (the heel he's taunting) as part of our costume contest (which I should put photos of up, incredible turnout and awesome wrestling costumes!).

Anyway, the kid wins the contest, the faces bring him into the ring later that night and helped him do the "schoolyard trip" on Devin Carter, so he pushed Carter over the top of a face crouched behind him and Carter flips outs.

And the top prize for winning the contest was getting to commentate a match with me that night. I haven't heard how it came out yet on video, but he actually did really well for a young kid and we had some cool exchanges about bad guys cheating and how his principal wouldn't let that happen at school.