Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

RIP El Brazo.

This one really has made me sad as I grew up watching Los Brazos. Juan was a kindhearted but troubled man who had a really bad alcohol problem two decades ago that killed his career as a main event star dead. At one point he was so bad that he'd drink antiseptic alcohol when there was nothing else to drink. I know that he got his life back together at some point in the early 00s but I haven't followed lucha libre for a long time so I don't know if he'd fallen off the wagon.

Here's a fun picture of Los Brazos with Billy Anderson, a simple shot that really captures their goofy and charming nature.

Posted Image

How far back does the PWTorch online archive go? I'm thinking about subscribing for a couple of months to download all the content that I need (I don't care/need their current newsletter, podcasts, etc., with the Observer I have enough.). I remember they used to have pretty good interviews back in the 90s but I haven't seen a Torch in perhaps 13 years.

How far back does the PWTorch online archive go? I'm thinking about subscribing for a couple of months to download all the content that I need (I don't care/need their current newsletter, podcasts, etc., with the Observer I have enough.). I remember they used to have pretty good interviews back in the 90s but I haven't seen a Torch in perhaps 13 years.

Starting with a partial year of 1988 until present with some gaps and some are in just in text/HTML format. He filling in the gaps and converting Newsletters to PDF format on a weekly basis.

Does anybody have a better bodyslam than Jumbo Tsuruta?

He does have a nice one.

There is someone else in the back of my mind who had something of a Sack Of Potatoes body slam that was nice: it just seemed like the guy was heaving his opponent, not in a stiff way but in a nice visual way. :)