Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on, hold on. You had dream in which you suggested a best of best of 80s comp?

Is this the least eventful and least exciting dream of all time?

What format did the dream take? You literally dreamed of yourself being on PWO making a post about that? Or was it like in an imagined bar with imagined goodhelmet and Loss and Childs and so on sitting around with Johnny Sorrow getting drunk and loud and shoe falling off a stool in a stupor?

You need to flesh out this dream.

I rarely remember dreams. But last night, I had a dream that I ran into Dave Finlay and he wanted to work an angle where we exchanged forearms to the chest. After a quick exchange, he morphed into New German Cinema filmmaker Rainer Werner Fassbinder, and we were on a first name basis. We had a brief conversation and I don't remember the rest.

I had a lot on my mind last night, so maybe what's why I had such a bizzare dream.

Hold on, hold on. You had dream in which you suggested a best of best of 80s comp?

Is this the least eventful and least exciting dream of all time?

What format did the dream take? You literally dreamed of yourself being on PWO making a post about that? Or was it like in an imagined bar with imagined goodhelmet and Loss and Childs and so on sitting around with Johnny Sorrow getting drunk and loud and shoe falling off a stool in a stupor?

You need to flesh out this dream.

I've sadly had multiple dreams of just browsing DVDVR.

Hi, I have been a little bit of a lurker around these parts and I got stumped up one something the other day and couldn't find the answer online anywhere, so thought the people on this board might be able to help me out

So the thing I am stumped on is how is Kurt Angle in the WON Hall of Fame? How was he eligible in 2004? I thought you had to have been in the business for 10 years and Kurt started in 1998. Did Dave count Kurt's amateur years as well?

Wasn't Angle rushed into the WON HOF on rep and what-could-have-been sentimentality? I seem to remember voters/gawkers pushed him in because 2004 was thought to have been his last year. He had some serious(er) neck problem that turned a lot of what-ifs??? into credible evidence of his awesomeness.

Being a gold medalist in wrestling and being better than average as a professional probably made ding ding ding JACKPOT!!! signs go off in the eyes of some voters. They couldn't wait for him to be eligible. It was like that horrible countdown that was online years ago that ticked down the days until the Olsen Twins were legal. The wrestling example is not as creepy but it was annoying nonetheless.

TomK illustrated the best and most obvious reason of Angle getting in so easily: old workers wanted to be lumped in with his legitimacy. He's just like us, gold medal caliber wrestling skills and cutting off the ring."

I think the margin would have been smaller in 2008. He may have gotten in, but I think it would be a tougher sell. If he was just now eligible, I think he'd be awfully contentious.

Eh. Angle was still getting 4 stars from Meltzer up 'til this year. Plus, his induction was never based on drawing money. There was a blowback to Angle among the PWO crowd, but most people, up until very recently, would've said Angle was still putting out awesome matches stuck in a horrible promotion.

TomK illustrated the best and most obvious reason of Angle getting in so easily: old workers wanted to be lumped in with his legitimacy. He's just like us, gold medal caliber wrestling skills and cutting off the ring."

Seems like an easy way to test this hypothesis would be to look at the vote totals. Did Angle do significantly better among current and former wrestlers than among reporters and historians?

Also, for the record, Angle got in with exactly the bare minimum of necessary votes in 2004. I don't know where this notion that he got elected in a cakewalk came from.