Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

I have a clip of Solie calling a women's TV match in Georgia where he mixes up the names of the women for the entire match, calling each by the other's name. Ole Anderson finally comes out and corrects Gordon on camera just as the pinfall happens.

I'd have loved to have been backstage when Solie and Ole met up after that bit....Gordon, furious at being corrected on National TV after looking like a fool for five minutes, vs. Ole who would have been through the roof at having to come out and correct his ace announcer like that.

I've never been a Solie fan. "There's certainly no question about that!" has a lot less traction with me as an announcer catchphrase than most others, and he spit that one out over and over and over.

His voice reminds me of the owner of the Box Factory in that one Simpsons episode, and that isn't a good thing.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are a big Timothy Thatcher fan I couldn't recommend his British Rounds match last night with Drew Gulak from the Wrestling Odyssey show here enough: http://www.wwnlive.com/event-awo-04-04-14.html

A beautiful match on an otherwise flat card and with a mind bogglingly booked main event. The main event was called a Sprint - a 20 minute iron match essentially. Gabe seemed not to want to give anyway the billed singles match between AR Fox vs Chris Hero so he had added Tony Nese to make a 3 way 20 minute iron match which even the poor announcer Lenny Leonard couldn't keep the score straight.

I've never seen a Pro Wrestling Syndicate show, or a Pat Buck match, and hearing him talk like a complete prick for two hours on the Shining Wizards podcast this past week really gives me no incentive to ever change either of those,

The match quality and booking/formatting of their shows is notoriously bad. They do a lot of chest thumping about how well PWS does and I don't doubt it does do well BUT what they never mention that they paper New Jersey like crazy. Pat always mentions that "this Saturday's show will have a GUARANTEED full house."

I've never seen a Pro Wrestling Syndicate show, or a Pat Buck match, and hearing him talk like a complete prick for two hours on the Shining Wizards podcast this past week really gives me no incentive to ever change either of those,

The match quality and booking/formatting of their shows is notoriously bad. They do a lot of chest thumping about how well PWS does and I don't doubt it does do well BUT what they never mention that they paper New Jersey like crazy. Pat always mentions that "this Saturday's show will have a GUARANTEED full house."

That was a real sore point for Buck, as he kept insisting that he never papers or comps anything, and it's all simple jealousy. I don't know enough about him or the promotion to know which version is true. What I do know is that he comes across like a major jerk in the interview, and having the hosts act like blind parrots for everything he says makes both the promotion and the podcast in question look terrible.

Joseph Travfourr @travfourr 3h

@TripleH Did you ever consider MMA earlier in your career? #Stars4Kids

.@travfourr no, while I like it and respect what they do, sometimes the story lines are silly. #Stars4Kids

It is 2014 and Triple H is one of my favorite people in wrestling. The 13 year old me is calling me a traitor right now.

Ezekiel Jackson. Last ECW champion. He wasn't bad, far from the worst I.C. champ ever. When he was IC champ he was actually being booked fairly well with the Corre feud where he looked pretty bad ass taking on the whole group. Then after that was done they didn't do anything with him, had him lose the belt to Cody in a nothing Smackdown match and then he was barely on TV again.

Never even heard of the guy, and I've been watching semi regularly again since mid-2011. How do these guys continue to get paid while doing precisely nothing?

Do they still do the post-Wrestlemania cull? The litany of 'future endeavors' in April seemed to go on for years.

They seemly wait until contracts run out now. Better for PR I guess.

I've seen Ezekiel Jackson in enough good matches to know he doesn't suck. Sad to see him go, but the last I saw of him he was doing clean jobs to Jinder Mahal on Superstars, so the writing was on the wall. He did have a lot of injury problems in the last couple years. So with him gone, that leaves Evan Bourne and JTG as the guys on the roster who nobody remembers are employed.

Re: Bourne and JTG

Why are they still employed? Those two and Rosa Mendez are puzzling keeps for the company considering who they have released in the past year (Mistico, Chris Hero, etc.) . Rosa and JTG are not over in the slightest and are both just collecting a check. Bourne must have some big dirt on WWE or else he'd be gone. I don't see why they would keep him on as he has been on the shelf for some time and WWE has a ton of vanilla personality guys who can fly like Neville, Gabriel, Kidd, etc.

Re: Bourne and JTG

Why are they still employed? Those two and Rosa Mendez are puzzling keeps for the company considering who they have released in the past year (Mistico, Chris Hero, etc.) . Rosa and JTG are not over in the slightest and are both just collecting a check. Bourne must have some big dirt on WWE or else he'd be gone. I don't see why they would keep him on as he has been on the shelf for some time and WWE has a ton of vanilla personality guys who can fly like Neville, Gabriel, Kidd, etc.

WWE can afford to let their contracts run out rather that release them and take a possible PR hit.