Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

According to WWEdvdnews.com, Raven is interviewed for the upcoming Paul Heyman DVD. I believe this will be the first time Scott Levy has done anything for the company since leaving in 2003.

Well he and Mike Sanders DID sue WWE to try to get the independent contractor status changed. They probably didn't like that too much, even if I think it did eventually get dismissed due to statute of limitations.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone ever figure out what was up with Ahmed Johnson's arms? He didn't have triceps or biceps, he had what looked like daggers poking out of his skin. Was this from the uber tight pads he wore, or was Ahmed just some sort of mutant that could grow shivs out of his arms?

In an awesome bit of randomness, the Syracuse, NY Quaker Steak and Lube has a crane machine with CMLL Plush figures (complete with official tags) there was a Mistico right on top, and another Luchadore I didn't recognize (I think Mephisto or Ephesto) and I figured it was some sort of knockoff, until I saw the CMLL tag.

I thought about trying to get it, but I didn't have any cash. And, it also hit me, that if I got it, I'd really have nothing to do with it, after I showed my two or three friends who would actually care about it.

Very young relatives?

PWInsider just reported five NXT releases:

- Mason Ryan (ultra green musclehead in CM Punk's Nexus)

- Raquel Diaz (Vickie and Eddy Guerrero's daughter)

- Oliver Grey (tag team partner of NXT Champion Adrian Neville)

- Danny Burch (British talent, barely used)

- Shara (former female arm wrestling champion)

It's not like they need Mason Ryan now Batista's back is it?

I'm dragging this over from the 2013 match discussion thread, because it doesn't quite apply there anymore.

The Young Bucks have got to be one of the worst teams at at working a heel control segment. Between the Steen/Generico match from last January and the KOW match from the BOLA in 2011, I could never see them again and would be fine with it.

They were so close to returning their investment on Mason Ryan. When Batista turns face and they rehash the Evolution breakup, HHH could've brought him in as the new member. Then Dave could bulldoze him. Then release him.

He was rumored to be Reigns's replacement in The Shield when they were expected to break up in January/February.

PWInsider is reporting that KENTA will be leaving NOAH and is making his last appearance for them on 5/17. Lots of folks seem to think it's a WWE deal.

It's the only explanation that really makes sense. He's been fiercely loyal to NOAH, he could have easily jumped to All Japan with Akiyama, or to New Japan any number of times.

- WWE has reportedly made a deal to purchase the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling library. This material was shot in Virginia at ringside next to the ring announcer from Jim Crockett Promotions events. The footage filmed by George Pantas. Unlike previous Mid-Atlantic material that was purchased as part of the WCW library in 2001, the Pantas footage was filmed on Super 8 cameras and was owned by Pantas. Pantas revealed the news in a column for Norfolk Navy Flagship. The footage was also used for a Michael Elliott documentary on Jim Crockett Promotions entitled The Good Old Days, which is currently available on Highspots.com. PWInsider reports that that the purchase was done about two months ago. The footage includes what is possibly the only complete match on film of Ric Flair vs. Buddy Rogers.

Regarding New Japan.......

Did I just read they put the IWGP title on AJ Styles?

Yes, it really happened...

Astonishing if true.

It isn't really that astonishing to me, I mean sure from the POV that

they decided to end Okada's epic reign... And to a Gaijin at that.

But, Gedo and Jado have been making a real concerted effort to raise the profile of NJPW's Gaijin talent in the past couple of years, and to introduce wrestling from around the world into the Japanese market.

- WWE has reportedly made a deal to purchase the Mid-Atlantic Wrestling library. This material was shot in Virginia at ringside next to the ring announcer from Jim Crockett Promotions events. The footage filmed by George Pantas. Unlike previous Mid-Atlantic material that was purchased as part of the WCW library in 2001, the Pantas footage was filmed on Super 8 cameras and was owned by Pantas. Pantas revealed the news in a column for Norfolk Navy Flagship. The footage was also used for a Michael Elliott documentary on Jim Crockett Promotions entitled The Good Old Days, which is currently available on Highspots.com. PWInsider reports that that the purchase was done about two months ago. The footage includes what is possibly the only complete match on film of Ric Flair vs. Buddy Rogers.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Flair/Andre match in there too.