Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

Yeah, he told us that he met Tiger Woods and that was the first thing Tiger asked him.

My wife is sort of a fan but she demanded I find her the match from WCW where he debuted and dropped the elbow on his tag team partner when we got home. He talked about that.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Uber fans are weird to me. This guy was in front of me. Waited all that time to meet Foley and then asked something completely stupid about what the boys in the back thought about Linda trying to run for Senate. Then literally babbled the whole time and I think Foley got in 4 words the whole time. It was just weird to see.

So I have some disposable income and I was thinking of getting either (or both) a Torch and/or Observer VIP membership. I've never read the Observer and I stopped subscribing to the Torch in 2001.

I was curious if you guys had any thoughts on these and would it be worth my time and investment?

If it weren't for Alvarez I would say to go with the Observer. But, the truth of the matter is that he's terrible in every single way a wrestler commentator/personality/reviewer/analyst/historian can be terrible. I refuse to support the Observer mainly because of his continued involvement. Go with the Torch, at least there's no Alvarez.

So this was an interesting paragraph from a link on the WO site hyping an interview with Davey Richards when he was asked about the Wolves' one week WWE tryout:

“We did a one week tryout for them and that was about it. It’s not somewhere where I longed to work for their travel schedule doesn’t work for me. I’m not moving down there and getting trained how to wrestle again I’ve already been trained and if I don’t’ have it now then I won’t have it.”

Made me wonder how Eddie feels about having his WWE chances fucked over by having such a selfish twat for a partner.

Davey Richards deserves a lot of criticism but I don't think it's fair to call him selfish if he didn't want to work the WWE schedule.

I was referring to the attitude about not wanting how to learn to work their style. It comes off like he thinks he's too good to have to spend time in NXT when better wrestlers than him grin and bear it knowing it's the price you pay to get WWE paychecks. I'm sure they didn't drop that on him once he got in the door, it's not a secret they want guys to spend some time there before hitting the main roster.

Davey Richards deserves a lot of criticism but I don't think it's fair to call him selfish if he didn't want to work the WWE schedule.

I was referring to the attitude about not wanting how to learn to work their style. It comes off like he thinks he's too good to have to spend time in NXT when better wrestlers than him grin and bear it knowing it's the price you pay to get WWE paychecks. I'm sure they didn't drop that on him once he got in the door, it's not a secret they want guys to spend some time there before hitting the main roster.

Wasn't that one of the reason they soured on Alex Shelley? Because he thought he should go right to the main roster, rather than doing anything in NXT?

How many matches besides the 8-man and the coal miner's glove match did Jake Roberts have in WCW?

i think he appeared on TV after havoc but not sure

He had one appearance on Up Close on the 11/7 show, making threats towards Ron Simmons and Dustin Rhodes. The next week, Watts said Jake was out dealing with personal issues, his spot in the King of Cable tournament was taken by the Barbarian, and that was that.

He had a first-round King of Cable match against Dustin (which is quite good) on WCWSN. TV matches against Marcus Bagwell and Nikita. A 6-man pitting Jake, Cactus, & Barbarian against Nikita, Dustin, & Windham. Jake & Barb vs. Simmons & Windham in another tag. Plus a few squashes. That's just TV, not counting house show bouts most of which were singles or tag bouts against Sting. He was on more than I remembered, actually.

As for the first part of the sentence, I know Meltzer has said that in the past, that McMahon was ready to give up RAW for WCW in 2001. A few months back, Meltzer discussed on WOR that WWE had internal plans and schedules about the process of that.

Second sentence, I don't know or remember what Meltzer said.

No, he was meant to be a true babyface. He even had endorsements from Hulk Hogan, which never would have been done for a guy they actually planned to turn. It was a rare instance of '80s WWF fans rebelling and a classic example of Vince turning chicken shit into chicken salad.

Someone asked the question in the WO mailbag to Dave if Vince really expected such an obnoxious character to get over as a face, and apparently he did since Vince loves Elvis and thought everyone would cheer for the guy.

Speaking of 80s WWF fans rebelling, the story on Demolition is Randy Colley got replaced as Smash because people recognized him as a former Moondog, but somehow no one noticed Smash 2.0 was Krusher Krushchev with hair?