Pro Wrestling Only

Comments that don't warrant a thread - Part 3

Loss

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never seen any Rock n' Wrestling era Mr. T outside of Mania 1. He's amazing. On the SNME where he boxes Cowboy Bob, he heelishly beats the shit out of his sparring partner even when the guys down. Then Mean Gene interviews him and he feels the need to explain that Rocky III was a work and he laid down for Stallone. Brilliant.

So my wife recorded the WWE/Scooby Doo movie off of Cartoon Network and for some reason it's retitled Scooby Doo! The WWE Mystery! and all references to Wrestlemania are changed to "Superstar Mania".

I got the DVD for my nephew. It's actually a lot of fun, with some parts that'll crack you up unintentionally.

I never understood why they went for the Sports Arena (who actually played there? other than wrestling all I hear about that place are concerts, specifically for being the first show of The Wall Pink Floyd played) when they could have booked the Great Western Forum.

I'm not sure if WWE ever ran a show at the Forum. They always ran the Sports Arena.

From historyofwwe.com

WWF @ Inglewood, CA - Great Western Forum - January 15, 1994
The return to the venue after a 9-year absence
The Headshrinkers defeated the Bushwhackers (sub. for the Smoking Gunns)
Diesel pinned the 1-2-3 Kid after catching him in mid-air and dropping him face-first on the turnbuckle
Bret Hart defeated Jeff Jarrett via disqualification
WWF IC Champion Razor Ramon defeated Shawn Michaels in a ladder match
IRS pinned Bob Backlund
Crush defeated Randy Savage in a falls count anywhere match after Ludvig Borga interfered and prevented Savage from getting back into the ring within 60 seconds of being pinned
Lex Luger & Tatanka defeated WWF World Champion Yokozuna & Ludvig Borga when Luger pinned Yoko; Luger had hit the champion with the running forearm but was knocked out by Borga with Yoko's salt bucket; both men were down until Luger crawled over to make the cove

Matt Hardy just tweeted this which is pretty funny

Roman Reigns is the Jeff of The Shield. He keeps the over music, entrance, & look. They were both worthy of being chosen as the "guy", but....having to become a new version of u & find some Mattitude is sometimes the best thing that can happen to u. Moxley & Black will do great.

I never understood why they went for the Sports Arena (who actually played there? other than wrestling all I hear about that place are concerts, specifically for being the first show of The Wall Pink Floyd played) when they could have booked the Great Western Forum.

I'm not sure if WWE ever ran a show at the Forum. They always ran the Sports Arena.

This. The Sports Arena was their regular LA arena for most of the 80s and into the 90s.

I believe the United Center was one of the arenas WCW was able to freeze the WWF out of during the Nitro Era. The Air Canada Centre and Philips Arena were two others, which is why the WWF always had to run SkyDome and the Georgia Dome. Since then, I think the WWF/E has determined that running Rosemont is easier as it's closer to O'Hare.

According to Pwinsider.com, Harley Race suffered a fall in St. Louis early today and will miss the final Mid-Atlantic Legends Fanfest. Race slipped and fell on his left hip, but reportedly still tried to drive from St. Louis to Charlotte for his scheduled appearance at the convention. He made it about 35 miles, and had to turn back. Race will be getting examined later today, with the fear being that he broke the hip. Race previously had his right hip replaced.

I'm really not trying to be crass here but breaking your hip and still trying to drive to the show is about as old school as it gets.

Is the IWGP title on it?

EDIT: Just went & looked. I like the older ECW title belt better (the one Raven had) than the one they used. I wish the WCW U.S. title was on there too. The new WWE Title looks like trash, it being on there is funny.

Tonight I made my commentary debut for one of the local promotions in the Pittsburgh area, and I had to share this.

Randomly, not booked, Virgil showed up tonight, set up a gimmick table with four different 8 X 10's, a replica Million Dollar Title, a WWE Superstar Virgil banner, and a big picture of him with Dibiase and began to tell anyone who would listen that he was 19 when the picture was taken, he could bench 620 pounds back then, and that he broke into the business with Fatu and Yokozuna in 1986.

He also told me at intermission that since I was working the show he would take a free picture with me after it was over. Then after it was over, he told me he didn't have time to take the picture, because he had to roll up his banner, unless I wanted to buy one of his 8 x 10's!

Tonight I made my commentary debut for one of the local promotions in the Pittsburgh area, and I had to share this.

Randomly, not booked, Virgil showed up tonight, set up a gimmick table with four different 8 X 10's, a replica Million Dollar Title, a WWE Superstar Virgil banner, and a big picture of him with Dibiase and began to tell anyone who would listen that he was 19 when the picture was taken, he could bench 620 pounds back then, and that he broke into the business with Fatu and Yokozuna in 1986.

He also told me at intermission that since I was working the show he would take a free picture with me after it was over. Then after it was over, he told me he didn't have time to take the picture, because he had to roll up his banner, unless I wanted to buy one of his 8 x 10's!

Well...did you buy one of the 8 x 10's??

Surely he worked you up with anticipation of your very own picture with Virgil only to snatch it away from you at the moment of climax, forcing you to buy the picture that you were promised for free.

Do you know Jesse The Mark, Blehschmidt?

Not that I am aware of.

Well...did you buy one of the 8 x 10's??

Surely he worked you up with anticipation of your very own picture with Virgil only to snatch it away from you at the moment of climax, forcing you to buy the picture that you were promised for free.

Although I was devastated to not have photographic proof of my encounter with WWE SUPERSTAR VIRGIL, I did not buy the 8x10, because a 20 dollar picture is too much for anyone, let alone a guy I never really cared for!